comment to review:

Parents taken advantage of!

Premier Care In Bathing #643362
I actually called this company a few weeks ago about one of their shower setups. Fortunately I did a Google search for reviews of their product and there were a LOT of complaints about Premier. The good part is that I called to cancel and they haven't bothered me since.
1 reply
Premier care installs thousands of tubs a year in the u.s. no one ever goes on these sites and says how happy they are or how there new tub has change there life. They just go out of there way to complain on the internet. The amount of complaints there are on these sites compared to the amount of satisfied happy customers is minutely small.
comment to review:

UPS delivered an opened package to an untrustworthy neighbor

UPS #643360
I think you can specify Fedex or some other delivery service for your mail order products. I certainly would. UPS isn't nicknamed "oops" for nothing!
comment to review:

I have gorgeous thick hair that fell out...

Wen #643356
:eek People who would market a product like this must be completely sociopathic. No conscience at all.
1 reply
Have YOU even TRIED it?? For every person that posts these negative - often incoherent - comments, one thousand more have beautiful, lively hair for the first time since they were 18. Me included.

Pocket hose scam

Telebrands #643354
I had thought about getting one of those. Thanx to those who complained, I won't be getting one. I'll stick with tried and true garden hoses.

Walmart double scanning products

Walmart #643122
I would never eat any food sold by WalMart. Too many stories about melamine getting into the food. I do like it when they offer electric carts for the elderly, but not when those carts keep failing in the middle of the store. Which seems to happen most of the time at the Crookston, MN WalMart.

Worked for this sham school DO NOT ATTEND

ITT Technical Institute #643115
I was fortunate enough to get three degrees decades ago. I sometimes think the powers that be have determined that the USA is now to be scammed out of any money or value left, and then abandoned to the dust-bin of history. After all, we can't compete wage wise in the global market. Our role in this world is apparently just to spend and consume until we run out of money, and be scammed when possible to speed up the process.
comment to review:

They don't leave you alone

University Of Phoenix #643105
I've seen these ads on TV, thinking this probably must be a University in Phoenix, AZ. That's probably just their trick to get people to call in. I'm amazed that such "universities" even exist. These would never have been allowed back in the 1960's.

JRP - Legit or Scam

John Robert Powers #643102
In this age of privatization, there are such an incredible bunch of ripoffs out there.

Walmart Nightmare

Walmart #643099
If you watch closely, you will probably also see that some items at WalMart get charged more at the cash register than they were marked on the shelf. That is ILLEGAL. I would also say you have the right to tell the cashier to SLOW DOWN so you can keep up. Tell her you won't allow her to rip you off again. Those same type people will also sometimes take a $20 bill and pretend you gave them a $10. So when you pay cash, always try and pay as exactly as you can instead of giving them excess change.
Kenyatte Sro
Hi all-
You know what I think? That carousel has got to go. I've had them forget to give me entire bags full of stuff, due to their putting items in bags, skipping a bag, then continuing. When they go to load the items back in the cart, they stop at the empty bag. Probably just a mistake, but one that the carousel makes easier to happen. Now, I check all the bags as a matter of habit. So the carousel has got to go!

REBATE SCAM

Radio Shack #643087
Really, the only kind of rebates worth getting are in-store rebates. :sigh

I paid for a one (1) year protection plan and got only nine months of coverage

Radio Shack #643086
Welcome to the usual catcall section for hapless computer owners. You need to know that if you buy a computer these days and buy faulty hardware, you can expect a lot of people blaming the victim from the sidelines. :sigh Who ever heard of 9 month extended warranties? I thought they were routinely 1 or 2 years.

No help

Geek Squad #643044
I think anybody bringing a computer in for repair needs to always go with at least one or more friends, hopefully knowledgeable about computers. And maybe avoid any place where the technician is insulting and wants to blame the user for everything.
sansy s
You are right, but it should not be that way.. they are dishonest and uncaring. :cry

Cancelled/Blocked Account

Microsoft #643041
I should have said: Evelyn Waugh: A Handful of Dust

Cancelled/Blocked Account

Microsoft #643037
Sounds like this is the perfect time to read The Trial, by Franz Kafka. After that, you might try Evelyn Waugh: Decline and Fall.
Wing Nfj
I should have said: Evelyn Waugh: A Handful of Dust

Simple scanning task unachievable

Muratec #643036
A PDF scan is different from an email, no?
comment to review:

Terrible treatment of me and Technician

Iyogi #643029
Looks like iYogi needs to take the bull by the horns and fix the problem. Don't talk about it, FIX IT!

This Software is Unsatisfactory, Not Secure

Dropbox #643020
This is almost enough right here to convince me not to get Android.

Batteries Plus #643019
I just want to add a note here: people who have a complaint about a product should feel free to post it and not have to worry about being criticized for imperfect grammar. I have some knowledge of 2 other languages and I'm sure my grammar isn't perfect in either of those.
1 reply
Yea butt if you is trying to make a intelligent argument gramma, helps?
comment to review:

Torture, incompetence, rudeness, unprofessional behavior, and the list goes on and on.

Best Buy #643016
Computers were a lot more manageable in the days of UNIX and DOS. These days about all I can say is, if you buy a computer you are basically building your house on shifting sand. You are going to be spending money on new brands, new ideas and you'll be spending money on keeping them in good running order (with strange repair geeks) and keeping up with the latest operating systems. Eventually you may find that you could be far happier spending your time reading some great classic books. I'm almost there now.

Waste Of Money

Nikon #643011
My first digital camera quit working on me after several years of use but it lasted for over 10,000 pix so I can't complain. My other ones still are working. All you can do is buy another one if it's past the warranty period.
comment to review:

TOSHIBA SOLD ME A USED COMPUTER AS NEW WITH *** & ANOTHER'S ADDRESS BOOK ON IT!!!

Toshiba #643009
Where did you buy this laptop? Sounds like it was a return, and obviously the hard drive was not even cleaned! If you bought a new computer you are entitled to a new computer. Warranty really is not an issue! You can sue them for FRAUD! You might also complain to your state Attorney General.
comment to review:

No support for laptop that had bad operating system

Best Buy #643005
If you can prove that the OS itself was flawed from the start, you should be able to have it replaced without charge. In the US, customers are supposed to be protected under the general policy where, when you something new, you can expect it to actually be new and free from defects.
comment to review:

Laptop Return Policy- Buyer Beware!!

Best Buy #643002
I am amazed at how many comments here seem to want to blame the victim. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? Businesses that value their customers will try to help them out. Businesses that are so big that they don't have to value their customers are going to give them the bums rush. Maybe try to go to a small local business with personalized service.

Maybe a better way can be found: maybe a way to rent or lease a laptop under a policy that it can be replaced with another whenever it causes you problems. Not everybody can be a malware expert, but most everybody needs a laptop or equivalent these days.
1 reply
Bodryn, Victims? Really? The customer is usually right, not always. Anyone who has worked in customer service for any relevant amount of time can testify to that. The problem is that these days, the "customer" takes no responsibility. The people that complain the loudest are almost 100% in the wrong. The "victims" want to be compensated, bend the rules, policies don't apply to me types. When you buy a house, you get home owners insurance. When you buy a car, you get car insurance but you buy an expensive item, you scoff at the thought of protecting it. Still, somehow they/you are the "victims"? Wow!

Norton Antivirus

Norton Antivirus #642997
This is just one of many examples of how our lives and freedom seems to be overtaken these days by huge corporate entities that are interested in profits over everything and just don't care enough about individual customers to give them satisfaction. If we can't get satisfaction buying the things we want or need, what is the point? I guess we have to go local when we can.

Best Buy's return policy

Best Buy #642994
I'm not an attorney but I believe an attorney would say that somebody who buys a laptop computer does so with the reasonable assumption that it will last more than 5 weeks before it goes belly up. I am also told that most of those extended warranties you can buy at point of sale are not worth nearly as much as what they cost.

WRONG DIAGNOSIS, TOOK MONEY

Hewlett Packard #642993
I have seen in recent years that Consumer Reports routinely scores Hewlitt-Packard well below average in the "frequency of repair" reports. Thus I have avoided HP computers in general. Who wants to have to fix a computer right away?
comment to review:

"We're not perfect." Was the response they gave me

UPS #642989
One thing I found out with UPS is that you can go to UPS and personally pick up a package that may be at the local terminal but hasn't been delivered. That said, I've also had my problems with UPS and would much rather use Fedex.

Warrantty of Limited Value

Sears #642986
Some years ago I went to Sears to replace a small hand tool that was supposed to have a lifetime Sears warranty. Even though the tool was something that could be replaced for under $20, they refused to honor their own "lifetime warranty". As a result, I basically made a decision to avoid Sears in the future, although I occasionally have gone in there to "window shop".

I guess they were being "Penny wise and pound foolish."

Recycle

Batteries Plus #642982
I went to a Batteries Plus store to buy a computer battery for an old Toshiba laptop that won't run with an expired battery in place. I took the battery home and plugged it into the computer whereupon it worked just one time. The next time it acted just like the old expired battery. So I paid $138 for an expired battery. I mentioned this to a Batteries Plus dealer in Fargo and he tried to tell me I didn't know how to use rechargeable batteries properly!
comment to review:

Unwanted bed "Partners", Black Mold, Poor Maintenance...

Days Inn #642967
People should be cautioned that whenever you come to a motel that appears to be unclean, you may encounter BED BUGS. As a result, you may bring bed bugs home with you and have a terrible time eradicating them. Because of bed bugs, we refuse to subject our family to even a chance of bed bugs. However, there are ways to scout for these using UV (black) light.

Mrs.loretta flowers

Magicjack #642957
I was thinking about getting Magic Jack Plus. Looks like maybe I'll have second thoughts now.
1 reply
please do a waste of money if it sounds good most times it not and this is one.

Angry manager, poor service

Carls Jr Restaurant #642955
Robert Irvine would have a field day with this outfit.
comment to review:

Sears lost another 30 year customer today...

Sears #642950
Unbelievable! Sounds like you need a full-blown lawyer just to get your gas range serviced. Maybe the thing to do is to find somebody that can fix it so you can at least mitigate the damages. Then maybe you could submit the bill to Sears and try to get them to pay. Or go to small claims court to get them to pay.

WELLS FARGO IS A TOTAL SCAM

Wells Fargo #642944
I used to bank with Wells-Fargo. I shed myself of them several years ago and have saved a lot of money in a small local bank that doesn't keep charging those niggling little fees all the time. A credit union would be even better.
comment to review:

Unable to refinance my loan

Americas Servicing Company #642938
Several years ago I came to see that Wells-Fargo was servicing their customers instead of serving them, so I quietly moved all my money and transactions to a small state bank that doesn't charge all those *** fees. We bought a small house last fall but we paid cash because there simply was no way to trust any loan company these days. Some people are being foreclosed even when making their payments!

Fraudulent Billing

Sirius XM Radio #642934
When I used to subscribe to XM radio (now in with Sirius), the money was taken out of my credit card but these billings would never even show up so I had no way to keep tabs on them. Moreover, the political talk shows tended to be biased and sometimes pretty vulgar. Internet radio is far better.
1 reply
For other types of responsibility, see Responsibility (disambiguation).
Psychology

Publications Research methods
Theories Timeline Topics
Psychology portal
v t e
Diffusion of responsibility is a sociopsychological phenomenon whereby a person is less likely to take responsibility for action or inaction when others are present. Considered a form of attribution, the individual assumes that others either are responsible for taking action or have already done so.[1] The phenomenon tends to occur in groups of people above a certain critical size and when
...

Harassment, Rude Employees, BSh!T Fees

Wells Fargo #642932
It is illegal for anybody to harass you about debts. Perhaps a good attorney could get you damages for this. As for Wells Fargo, I used to bank with them years ago. When they got extreme, I quietly took all my money out of there and moved to a small bank in the same town that doesn't charge fees for every little thing. I've saved lots of money. A credit union would be even better if there is one near you.
comment to review:

I missed out on my vacation very disappointed and upset

Us Airways #642927
You should be compensated. Sorry I don't know what procedure you need to follow.

Rude cash register employee

Family Dollar #642924
Anonymous thinks the customer is always wrong. However, most any good manager is going to want repeat business. Certainly the owner will. They will get repeat business if they treat their customers with respect.
comment to review:

Don't use bank account to make payments!!!!

Premier Fitness #642922
I have refused to use debit cards in any of my accounts. I stick to ATM cards when possible. On one account they tell me it's a debit card - but in that case, I was able to limit its use to only ATM, not "point of sale", thus making it an ATM card.
comment to review:

Selling used guitar as new.

Musicians Friend #642921
With friends like Musician's Friend, who needs enemies?
1 0

My "New" Car Turns Out to Be Not So New

Trophy Nissan #642766
Seems to me you have a right to return your car for a complete refund.

Upset Veteran

Dennys Restaurant #642763
As a disabled veteran myself I respect you for the sacrifices you have made. If I were a person of color I don't know how I would cope with the kinds of things you describe. I can only say that the town in Missouri you describe seems aptly named.
1 reply
Bodryn! thank you so much for your comment! I do not feel like I deserve special treatment! I feel like nobody should be judged without knowing them or what they have done in life like those racist people did me in that establishment! They knew nothing about me is the point I was making so I did not mean to sound like I was expecting special treatment I was pointing out that they were stero typing me as a black man without knowing anything about me and just flat being straight up racist right from the jump! thanks for your kind comments. God Bless! Smitty

Dont Trust DIsh

Dish Network #642762
I was thinking about choosing DISH network for our TV. Based on what you say, I guess we won't go with DISH. I hate ripoffs.
Denver Fxt
NO NO NO DON'T DO IT...IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!! They act like they are so happy to get you signed up, well they are, but Lord help you if you have any questions or need help. I know ALOT of people who have Direct TV, very very happy with it.
comment to review:

When I need help, no one helped me!

Delta Airlines #642759
As a disabled veteran, you are entitled to respect. Treatment like you mention here makes me think you might have to invent some protective devices like taping tacks on your arms or sleeves so that anybody who harasses you will end up harassing themselves. As a disabled veteran myself, I have a problem with people who disrespect veterans, especially disabled veterans. Take care.

Charged me $19.95

Peoplesmart #642751
I saw an ad for Peoplesmart. It was supposed to be a free service. I decided to see if it could identify my home phone. Even though I have a landline phone, it identified it as a CELL phone?!?!? Then it wanted $0.95 to identify the person. Maybe it should be called Peopledumb.