Aafes Exchange - Upset about product quality and customer service

Update by user May 06, 2013

After contacting AAFES headquarters via e-mail, they told me to bring in the necklace so they can send it to the manufacturer for repairs, after about one week i received another phone call to let me know that the manufacturer was unable to fix or replace it and suggested that if i buy a new piece of jewelry for 50% more then the price the necklace was they would refund me the money for the necklace towards a new purchase, yeah right....i just picked it up and took it to our local jewelry store and had them put a new much better quality chain on it for less money then it would have cost me to buy another item at the AAFES store and they also credited me the value of the old necklace towards the new one, from now on we will stay in town and buy, I am done with AAFES.

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2013
My husband purchased a$447.00 necklace in december of 2012 for me, I wore it 2x since then and the chain is falling apart and scratching my neck,it has become totally non- wearable. I went to our local AAFES store to have it send in to the manufacturer to have it fixed, after a manager was called by a customer service rep. to further assist me, I was told he could not help me, actually I had the impression he did not even know what to do or say as he was almost mute, I was expecting to get the manufacturers address at least, so I could take care of the problem myself, but no luck, I was pretty upset because we spend a lot of money buying jewelry before over all these years, the service what is being provide to our military is no longer different then any other store,overpriced and faulty quality, to me that's just a rip off.
ID