Betzold Law - Getting what you pay for ???

went to this attorney for assistance with an immigration case, first off the customer service was a joke, never in my life have I seen such an unprofessional, uneducated front desk staff. Talking about other clients cases right out in the open, discussing how they knew the clients, and their cases in front of a an open waiting area.. major breech of confidentiality right there. after witnessing this i was kind of on edge about dealing with these people for help but still went to the appointment. when i finally got into see the attorney james, he was very cold, and in a hurry. He didnt seem to be very interested in my case but rather the money it would cost me. He spoke down to me, used law jargon, and had a *** could careless attitude about my case and questions i asked. everything was about money during this 45 minute consult. i understand that business need to make money but every question i asked was answered 1/2 *** and accompanied with a price for his services. after a good 25 minutes of not really getting any legal advice from him, he then stated that in order for me to even begin the process of my case he would need to run a criminal background check due to past charges.I understood that this was part of the process, and when i went on to ask him more questions about this process and he went on to tell me that it would cost around 500+ to research my charges. I asked him how soon he could get started on this process he stated as soon as you pay me the 500+! I had no issue with this but i lived almost 45 minutes away from his office, and offred to pay with credit card when he told me that would be another 10 charge to run it. so i drove back to my home that same day to get the 500+ for him as i wanted to get this done so i could move on to the next step. returned the same day with cash, paid 500+, consult fee of 50.00, another 10.00 charge for him running a background check on me. He also stated that i would need to have my finger prints taken at the sheriffs office in my town so that he could send them to be checked as well. I did all that he asked and ran into nothing but trouble and road blocks. I wasn't able to get my finger prints done and tried to contact the law office several times, always being told by the front desk that they did not know and they would call me back.. only to never receive a return call from anyone there. I had to make several calls, trying to set up some other way to get my finger prints done. It seemed like no one knew what i needed to do, and they were very rude and not helpful at all with this situation. when i finally got to speak with someone they informed me that i needed to get my passport before i could get my finger prints done and before they would do anything else for me. which was fine except i would have to travel 4 hours to chicago to obtain it and then wait another 3 to 4 months for it to come in the mail. I went and applied for my passport and tried to contact them again to see if the lawyer had done any research on my case as the finger prints were not a major part of finding out about the charges. another round of phone tag, always me calling and being given the run around. over a month later i decided that since i hadnt heard from these people i would close my case with that office. I contacted them a week in advance telling them my plans to end my case with them and asking them to please provide me with either the results of the research i had paid 500+for the lawyer to do, or my money back or a portion of my money back, I told them i would be coming in on the next following week to pick up my documents. I was told ok and that they would be waiting. i arrived at their office that following week, only to be told that the lawyer wasnt there and he had my file with him so they had nothing to give me. i was heated by now, i had just drove 45 minutes spent gas money and taken time off from work only to be told they had nothing for me! I then asked when he would be back, and was told later that day i told them i would come back later and get my stuff. they thought they were being funny and told me they would send me all the documents in the mail. i told them NO as i had already played there run around game. I drove back to my town, and waited, for them to contact me when he was back with my file. Had to call them back and drive the 45 minute drive again, only to go in, and be greeted by the incompetent front desk staff again and wait another 25 minutes to be given the same papers i paid 10.00 to have printed off and gave to them more then a month ago. then when i looked dumbfounded the front desk staff had the nerve to ask if i needed anything else... "um hello how about the 500+ worth of research i paid for or my money back?" I asked about my research that i paid for, or my money and was told that i needed to wait, for the other front office staff to come back and help me because they were feeding their child, wtf did i come into a law office of a daycare.. so waited another 15 minutes. finally the other 1/2 of the brain walked out and informed me that that was all the documents they had, read the paper i signed and tried to tell me what case i had this lawyer working on..... i then told her that wasnt the case i paid for, and i wanted my money or the research. i also stated that the documents given back to me were the ones i provided.... so it looked like the lawyer hadnt touched my case.. she then stated very smartly that maybe he had been working on my case with his lap top... and that is why there was nothing in my file... they will call me when they have research from him or mail me a check within 15 to 30 days! long story short i paid these people $500+.00 to put my documents into a manila folder and keep it in their file cabinet. PLease if you ever need legal help avoid these people who claim to be advocates for the Hispanic community all they care about is money and they think everyone who walks in is *** and can be talked to like a child.

It also seems problematic that a website will publish this garbage, impugne your reputation and then happily charge you $250.00 per month to fix it. I didn't respond to this nonsense earlier, as this whole site appears to be an extortion scam.

No, I'm not paying you $250 per month, not giving you a copy of my utility bills.

Our 1000+ happy clients know our reputation. Our community, schools, churches and families know our reputation and that is why we have succeeded at serving so many wonderful people.

Do comments really work?