Palace Resorts - Aventura Spa (Riviera Maya, Mexico)

Update by user Apr 08, 2013

Have sent 3 more emails, no response, sent email to Hard Rock, no response, sent email to Allinclusiveresorts no response. I've searched for a contact Health Inspectors or Health Inspections for Cancun, Mexico, can't find anything.

Not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

Original review posted by user Mar 07, 2013
December 1 - 8/2012, It took 8 hours to get us into our rooms, the hotel was overbooked, understaffed and our rooms weren't ready. When we got our room, it was not properly cleaned, it smelled horrible (mold) and the jacuzzi tub had a filthy ring around it. We paid for ocean view, didn't receive. We asked to move, told hotel was full. Asked to move to another resort, told only if we paid more. Had hotel maintenance come in because air conditioning wasn't working properly and smelled funny, the guy sprayed something into it and left. Air conditioning still smelled! Two days into the trip, I became very sick, chest pains, dizzy. Friend became sick, vomitting. Both of us stayed in bed, while other friends went out ATV (we couldn't go too sick). Husband became sick day later. Friend's husband became sick (itchy, swelling) day after that. My husband and I left early because I was too sick to do anything. Chest pains, headaches. My doctor told us we might have had legionaires took anitbiotics felt great two days later! Resort manager has offered us two nights to stay there again, no way, never. Won't accept this offer, told them we would stay at a different resort, they haven't spoken or emailed us since. They don't respond to my emails at all. Read other emails from tripadvisor and other people were sick at the same time we stayed there, however hotel says "no one else was sick". Never stay at this resort! Disgusted by the lack of customer service!
ID