AM Corsons - Terrible attitude

Wanted the acid test chemical for a Taylor 2000 test kit. They recommended the R-0014 chemical reagent. When I returned home I noticed that the reagent I was replacing was K-0004, No problem, as I had about 2 months use left with that existing reagent. I then returned to Corsons where I found the K-0014. I asked that they credit me with that return and charge me the difference as the return was unopened and had their printed label. They told me they could not do that unless I had the receipt. We are talking about a difference in their favor of about $1 when the original purchase is credited back for $2+. Would they do this? not on your life!I didn't even bother telling them that within the next 6 weeks I would be buying a new pool navigator, apart from the usual pool chemicals. The irony is that they would have made additional profit on the exchange (granted less than $1) but would have kept a customer. To me it makes no sense. Obviously I will never go back as there are choices out there! Pity as they were on my way home.
ID