Verified Reviewer

John Darer - 4structures.com - The Worst Structured Settlement Planner in America - Stamford CT

After I won a lawsuit my lawyer put me in contact with John Darer of www.4structures.com to put my winnings into a structured settlement. Mr. Darer is supposedly an expert in setting up a structured settlement. The structured settlement that John Darer put me in is totally NOT sufficient for my needs. I explained this from the get go but Mr. Darer didn't seem to care. I am now stuck with small payments for the rest of my life, yet I can't pay my bills. The tax stuff was never explained to me by Mr. Darer. To be honest nothing was ever explained to me. It is very insulting that the judge and my lawyer thought that I wouldn't be able to do the right thing with my settlement, and they pushed me to deal with John Darer. I have tried to get Mr. Darer to change my settlement payment terms, but he just blows me off. I am so fed up with his snobby attitude. He treats me like he has made his money off of me and since he can't make a new settlement (and make more money) now I am just a pain to him. I even emailed him copies of my overdue bills, and he just ignored my emails. After about 20 calls to him begging for him to help me he told me to call JG Wentworth. I called them and the figure they gave me was only for a fraction of what my initial settlement was for. The JG Wentworth representative said that was the most that they could offer. They also said that "John Darer has a reputation in the industry for being an unprofessional, {{Redacted}} and a real jerk". WELL THAT'S JUST WONDERFUL! - LUCKY ME! I hope that this helps someone else out there not to trust John Darer with your settlement proceeds because I feel like I am being victimized over and over and over again.

We keep really good records and we do not have any client named Deb S. Whether a client called one time or 20 times each call is important to us.

This appears to be a male client, first initial R. who was represented by an attorney and signed a Settlement Agreement and Release establishing a structured settlement in 2017. As the client was a Medicare Beneficiary, a Structured Medicare Set Aside Account was established with a professional administrator.A Medicare Set Aside is a voluntary process to demonstrate compliance with the Medicare Secondary Payer Act. Those who do not comply risk non payment by Medicare for accident related injury that would otherwise be covered by Medicare.

An MSA cannot be used to pay non accident related expenses or those that would not be covered by Medicare.The client contacted me in 2-16-2019 and claimed the third party administrator (TPA) had not been paying his bills. The TPA had actually paid some bills but did not pay (and should not have paid ) where it was not a Medicare Eligible expense. Contrary to what the posting says I spent 7.5 very patient hours that weekend communicating with the client, responding to emails and calls on all day that Saturday, Saturday night and continuing the next day and to Monday. R not followed through.

One simply cannot share client records in a forum such as this. but it would be inappropriate to post them here. After this was posted, I contacted the TPA and R. has not contacted them.since 2018.

R has asked in the post for the Company to propose a solution.

It should start with a phone call from R. Anyone who wants to read more about Medicare Set Asides can follow this link https://www.4structures.com/medicare-set-aside-allocation

ID
Cons
  • Cruel
  • Unprofessional
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution