Verizon Wireless - Horrible Customer Service!!!!

I contact Verizon in December to see if they could match a deal I was offered from Sprint. The representative told me that my contract was up so he would see what he could do for me. He offered me a couple options but neither were better than Sprint. When I told him I would have to just leave Verizon, he said he was sorry. Nothing about having to pay a termination fee. And, I didn't ask b/c he had already told me my contract was up. I got a bill about 1 month later for over $250. $140 of that was an early termination fee!!! I paid the portion for the service i used but refuse to pay the early termination fee. I spoke to numerous service reps & requested at least 3 times to speak to an upper level manager as everyone just keeps saying I broke the contract & have to pay. The fact of the matter is their customer service rep misled me by giving me false information. Had I known my contract was not up, I would have waited to switch to Sprint. The supervisors I spoke to said they were not responsible for what the rep told me and that I would have to pay for breaking the contract regardless. WHAT ***!!!! BEWARE OF VERIZON!!!

The high cost of always trying to chase down a cheaper deal.

Penny smart, Dollar foolish