AirTran Airways - Worst customer service Ever!!!! Awful

Unbeleivably rude customer service!! As I was walking up to the gate, they gave my seat away to a stanby passenger. I was right behind, the doors were still open, but not only did they not let me board the flight I paid for, they did not even acknowledge me. When I tried to speak with the employees, they literally turned their head and ignored me! I spoke with atleast 7 employees all equally rude! I was then put on stanby and witnessed an elderly woman who security lost her wheel chair, get to the gate at the ten minute mark prior to cloing the gate, they did not let her board! Another woman was trying to get on because her sister passed and she needed to get home, did not let her board, did not care, another passenger had his bf wedding, did not let him board and gave his seat away not even one minute prior to him arriving!! he paid 700 for his ticket and the stanby passenger prob at most paid $50. When you try to ask them a question, the staff do not answer you, they ignore you!!! How rude its awful! I fly out on business several times a week and never have I witnessed or experienced such awful treatment from an airline. Worst experience of my life!! There was one spanish woman who ended up helping me, Ms. Castellanos!! only nice employee they have. She was able to get me on a flight out about 9 hours later, so I was stuck for 9 hrs at the airport!! Never Ever again!! The entire time I was waiting, they gave volunteers who gave up their seats two roundtrip tickets free hotel and meal!!

Almost all airlines have the 10 min rule,at that time they clear standbys.how would you feel if u were stand by and they put u on the plane then took u off because the original passenger showed up late..you should have been at the gate earlier.

that didn't happen. sounds like you're making things up.

or maybe no one likes you if ALL these people have a problem with you.

maybe you didn't take a shower that day and you stink?

View more comments (1)