Subscriptions4Less Rip off

I bought a subscription from them off Ebay on December 19, 2007 and they have yet to fulfill my order. The funny thing is that I emailed them and they responded and said that they would resubmit my order.They had forgotten to submit my order. I have paid for this and if they don't give me what I paid for, it is considered fraud and I will let as many people know about this as I can. I will also file many complaints online and let agencies know about it. Ebay does not seem to want to help with this and I find that appalling. It's like they support fraud. I have sent them at least 3 emails recently and they will not respond.

They got me too. The WEEK for two years, never came, don't retunr calls, email is bad. Bummer.

I too orderd a subscription in May of 2008 . Still waiting .Still steaming that all my e mails to the "seller' were ignored .

Also contacte e bay and paypal who both stat4ed I waited too long to complain. My question to them is how do you know you have a problem within 45 days when most magazine subscriptions take many weeks for delivery is started?

I just wrote another email to paypal's customer service w/a list of ebayers ripped-off between june and present (based upon seller's feedback). Most of them stated they contacted paypal and got a refund. I'm sure there are many (like me) who couldn't leave feedback for numerous reasons (as stated in my prev. msg, the dutch BIN auction was cancelled after I won/paid so there's no auction # for me to leave feedback for...) and that didn't/couldn't get a refund due to too much time passing.

I posted this in a few other complaint msg boards but I'm reposting it here so as many ppl as possible can see it and benefit from it.

Here is the list I sent Paypal tonight, which covers feedback from June thru present. I asked them exactly how many ppl need to complain about a seller, request refunds, etc before they open an investigation. We'll see what they say. Here's the list:

Negative feedback

1) No renewal of subscription per US Weekly, No response from Seller, PP Refunded

Buyer: bevinh782 Jun-30-08 15:59

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

2) RIP OFF ! BUYER GONE, NO WARNING, NO MAGAZINES - HAD TO FIGHT W/PP TO GET $ BACK

Buyer: smittenkitten89 Jun-26-08 06:49

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

3) Never recieved magazines and sent 2 emails and no response back.

Buyer: alli78 Jun-25-08 09:35

1yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043****35) US $13.98 View Item

4) Mag. never arrived after 7 wks. No response to any of my emails-paypal refunded

Buyer: therewasalittlebird Jun-22-08 18:51

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

5) Never received magazine - no response from seller - Paypal refunded.

Buyer: faye1218 Jun-15-08 08:16

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

6) almost 8wks-no mags-no communication-my children are devastated! paypal refunded

Buyer: 6littlestitches Jun-14-08 09:17

Follow-up by 6littlestitches (Jun-25-08 10:15):

STILL NO MAGS- now seller has no items for sale- wonder why????? stay away!

2yr ZOOBOOKS - Subscription [NO S/H] (#110245****25) US $24.98 View Item

7) Never received order. Contact was unsuccessful.

Buyer: agrotnes Jun-09-08 20:46

1yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043****35) US $13.98

8) Received Today but never received Astronomy sub from 02/26, no communication!!!

Buyer: tschneeibm Jun-06-08 12:28

4yr READER'S DIGEST - Subscription **SALE** (#310043****58) US $19.98 View Item

------------ Seller had replied to all of these on July 29th stating:

* Reply by subscriptions4less (Jul-29-08 20:45):

Ebay removed our listings and wouldn't allow access to our account.

--------- However that doesn't explain why their email account is inactive or why they couldn't fwd. our information to the publishers so we'd actually get our subscriptions... Or even why they couldn't EMAIL us (or some other form of contact) to let us know there'd be a delay. Paypal would have the address and auction information necessary for them to submit our info, so being locked out of Ebay is no excuse.

For anyone who has been ripped of by these guys, if you paid via paypal, even if it's past 45 days, even if you got a refund already -- CONTACT THEM AGAIN and ask them to open an investigation into Subscriptions4less. The more people that complain, the more likely they'll refund those of us who were ripped off, even if it's past their 45 day mark.

I hope this is helpful to those of you in the same situation.

Paypal rep Ralph Vernon sent me a reply on Thursday 8/7 that stated (in part):

> We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180

> calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular

> seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case.

Good luck everyone.

THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF by this seller -- if you paid thru paypal, do a quick search in your account for the transaction # and contact paypal immediately. Let them know that you heard many people were complaining about fraud from this seller and if enough complaints were rec'd, they'd open an investigation even past the 45 day mark, up to 180 days after the auction ended/items paid.

-- A Paypal cust. svc.

rep told me that via email earlier tonight. - DLM

On a side note, I looked up the # listed above in reverse phone # search & found this: ------------(917) 536-****Type: Cell PhoneProvider: Omnipoint CommunicationsLocation: New York City, NY -------------Interesting that it's a cell #. I'll be trying it tomorrow to see if I can reach anyone.

Can anyone tell us whether they ARE selling on ebay now under a new name?? I saw contact info for them in another thread (phone # and address) but not an email address. That info is: Subscriptions4lessPhone: 917-536-****PO Box 141150Staten Island, New York, 10314U.S.A.

#19710

I got ripped off also. I ordered in early May, my subscription was not renewed and my emails through ebay were not answered.

I filed with Paypal just within the 45 day limit and got my money back. What is the scammer's new name on ebay?

#19480

I purchased a subscription for my son in February. Have not received it and when I try to email them it comes back as not valid account. :(

Sam, on 25-05-2008 22:45, can you post the new name under which they're now selling on eBay? Thank you.

We ordered two subscriptions that never came and our emails to them come back as undeliverable. javascript:ac_smilie(':cry')

I've bought 3 different subscriptions in the past from them, Never a problem until this past Feb. I bought a subscription to Scrye magazine for $20, waited the 100 days and NO Mags.

I tried to contact Subscriptions4less and did get a short reply but never another email and no mags. :(

View more comments (13)
ID
Toccoa, Georgia

Superior Subscriptions Rip Off

I bought a subscription from them off Ebay on December 24, 2007 and they have yet to fulfill my order. I emailed them to no avail. The funny thing is that I received an email from them on December 25th claiming that they had processed my order, but this order is not showing up in my magazine subscription account as of yet. I have paid for this and if they don't give me what I paid for, it is considered fraud and I will let as many people know about this as I can. I will also file many complaints online and let agencies know about it. Ebay does not seem to want to help with this and I find that appalling. It's like they support fraud.

They too ripped me off for a Guitar World subscription that i "won" at auction on eBay back in February 08 (Item number: 310021****25). It is now September and no magazines. I expect a refund.

I have tried for weeks to contact Superior Subscriptions by phone @ 619-315-**** all I get is there voice mail saying it's FULL, what kind of customer service is this???? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I've ordered 5 different subscriptions with them in the last 18 months, and, although it takes 8-12 weeks to receive your first issue (all stated in the fine print), I have never been ripped off. I was very disappointed to see them taken off eBay.

I paid Superior Subscriptions $49.95 on December 23rd for one year subscription to People Magazine. Now it is May, and the magazine has never arrived. People Magazine doesn't have an order under my name.

Dear Seller, if you are not committing fraud, why have you not responded to my repeated emails and dozens of calls asking for a refund?

Others who have also been victimized should file a complaint with FBI's CyberCrime division (ic3.gov) as well as with the California Attorney General's office (the seller is based in San Diego).

Supierior and all other magazine sellers have been booted from ebay due to the pre sale policy.

I had been selling on ebay also but never shorted a customer.

I am sorry you had this experience.

If you are interested in getting the lowest publisher price on magazines go to my website at :

www.magazineoverstock.com

We are secure and process orders quickly.

I too have a problem with them.

Signed up for 3 years consumer reports on Feb 1 and until today didn't received anything.

Called Consumer reports and they do not have any record of my subscription/ name.

I tried to call superior subscriptions goes directly to VM, no answer.

I believe they ripped all of us off.

We need to find out where they were operating from and contact the Attorney General of that state.

I too bought a subscription from them in Dec. Never received anything.

When I write Superior Subsriptions, they don't reply. I even sent a money refund request via Pay Pal. I just tried the number from above and of course the mailbox is FULL.

I just want my magazine. PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!

Well does this ring a bell and it was sent on December 25th 2007. You did indeed say that you had processed my order. I know you have issued my refund, but I still want to make it clear that you said that the order had been processed:

260196****08

SELF MAGAZINE 3YR SUBSCRIPTION 36 ISSUES FREE SHIPPING

Hello. We just want to confirm that we received your payment for SELF MAGAZINE

3YR SUBSCRIPTION 36 ISSUES FREE SHIPPING and had processed your order. All

orders are processed as NEW subscriptions and use the name and address on

the Paypal receipt as the subscriber UNLESS you specify otherwise. If you

had provided special instructions regarding your order on the Paypal notes

field or sent us a message through Ebay's messaging system (such as renewal,

gift subscription, or change of address), then your order was processed as

you instructed.

Please be aware that processing of the subscription generally takes 6-12

weeks (3 months) from payment. So expected delivery of first issue will

be within 90 days, the same timeframe for RENEWAL orders.

Sara,

I don't know your account info so there's really no way for me to answer your question about your order. Call us at 619-315-**** so we can assist you with your order.

So in other words when you emailed me and told me that you had processed my magazine order you lied about that? To me that is dishonest. I will be expecting a refund.

View more comments (10)