Sony stands for nothing!

I purchased a 60" Sony tv in late 2007/early 2008. I purchased this particular tv because I was led to believe it would far outlast a plasma. Sure it cost me. It was a $3500 purchase. In less than 2 years I had to replace the lamp in the tv by advice of Sony themselves. And now over the past several months the tv has had a yellow/green tint to the screen. So I contact Sony to find out what the problem is. The first person was decent, he told me I qualified for the Sony factory recertified exchange program and gave me a number to contact. So I did. This did not go so well. Basically the two people I spoke with said I'm sorry but you will have to pay to have the tv serviced. So I stated I had looked into this matter and saw that Sony had a class action lawsuit brought against them because of this very issue, which turns out to be an optical block issue. This issue sony was aware of and had to compensate the customer for. However, apparently I don't watch much tv because my issue took linger to reveal itself. And because of that I am out of luck. I continued to speak on my displeasure on the situation and the most "Mel" would do was to discount a $1499 tv from their site to $1000 plus tax and shipping. I can buy that tv from my local Walmart less than there discount not to mention the tax and shipping. Is this really the best a multi billion dollar company can do? I don't think Sony products are in my future if that's the case.
ID