Home Shopping Network - Poor customer servie / HSN shopping network

Update by user Jan 14, 2013

This is an update as requested per "Pissed Consumer" related to my HSN complaint. We never received an appology, or a phone call from anyone at HSN. However, that day I contacted my credit card company concerning the matter and they did not hesitate making sure a block was placed on my account before any charges were submitted.

An invesigation was done by my credit card company to validate my complaint, and the charges never appeared on my next statement.

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2012
This was my first time placing an order with HSN/Home Shopping TV Network. On Dec.10, 2012, HSN's hot items Christmas gift selections. I thought it would be a great Xmas gift for my wife and called their ordering center to place the order. Keep in mind, this item as many of their gift selections, are limited to a certain amount in stock. Once they are gone, they're gone, and will never be available for purchase again. I wanted to be a quick responder, to make sure they would not be sold out. I happen to get a very friendly representative to handle my order, but she did let me know that she was new in her position and to bare with her. I wasn't in any hurry and assured her to take her time in the ordering process. I wanted everything to be accurate and to prevent any mistakes. I was very patient with her as she was very confused at times, but continued on the phone for over twenty minutes placing the order. She was given all of my pertinent information. To make a long story short, when I went on line to check my order status three days later, I found out that the order was never confirmed to ship, but HSN managed to charge my credit card. When I called to speak to a supervisor, she told me that there was nothing that can be done to receive the product that I ordered due to the product being no longer available. I took care of the charges on my card, but what do I tell my wife at Christmas. The supervisor's response to my dilemma was just," I'm sorry this happened to you." This was my first and last experience with HSN due to their incompetence and poor customer service.
ID