Serenity Dalmatians - Puppy Breeder Review from Newark, New Jersey

This breeder had spotted kingdoms in ohio before she moved please read those reviews before you buy a puppy from her. And she is using my picture in her adds without my permission which is illegal.

This is a big time backyard breeder originally breeding the same 2 females ever heat cycle (2 times a year). I put a deposit on one of her puppies and backed after many out of that litter died and saw photos she sent me of head to toe scabs that my puppy had, in addition to a fever, pneumonia, and the mothet stopped producing milk (Daisy).

Thr breeder attempted to tube feed them and it was either 1 or 2 more that died. I backed out and was not refunded per her contract. I know I could have gotten it back with all the evidence I had but it was not worth the time that would be involved.

I have owned Dalmatians for 20 years now and if you are looking for a Dalmatian please see Dalmatian resources group on facebook for a responsible breeder. I currently have 3 and they should not have so many health problems.

@Anonymous

Once again, I am the breeder in question here. I would like to start off by saying that I have many positive reviews from happy puppy buyers.

It is only this ONE lady who continues to attack me, YEARS later.

Second, I have never lost more than a single pup from one litter. This lady, who likes to pose as fake buyers I have never done business with (I have evidence), is a big time liar. Multiple puppies died in this litter? Odd.

My AKC records show 9 registered, living, healthy dogs from the litter you are talking about. How many pups are you trying to say she had, that so many died? She had 10 (which I have pictures to prove). There was one puppy that died in the litter the person above is talking about.

The litter was my FIRST EVER litter as a breeder. Mama was not producing enough milk and, being a new breeder, I did not know what to do about this (I do now...she just needed extra calcium). So I did what I thought was the responsible thing and took the puppies to the vet to get help. The vet (Olde Falls Road Small Animal Clinic in Zanesville, OH) didnt even attempt to bottle feed or get mamas milk supply up.

He jumped straight to tube feeding and, being a new breeder, I was didnt know about how easily tube feeding can go wrong. The vet over fed 3 pups, causing the milk to get into their lungs. One died AT THE VET. I took the other two to Brandywine Hospital for pets, where they were given a 25% chance of survival.

With hard work and weeks of dedication, I saved them. As to the other rubish claims here...they are simple LIES. Multiple puppies never died. This person, who seems to fancy themselves a breeding expert, should do a little research about back to back breeding and how it is HEALTHIER and RECCOMENDED by reproduction vets!

Do a simple google search. Still, if we do breed back to back, it is not often and it is only done if the circumstances are right. My AKC records are proof of this. The choice to breed my dogs is based first and foremost on my dogs health.

I am a responsible breeder. I health test, raise my pups in my home, socialize properly, all my dogs and pups go to the vet.....and these are just some of the basics. DOZENS of Dalmatian breeders don't do ANY of these things (the majority of breeders dont even BAER test)...and yet this ONE person has been following me online for YEARS, attacking me. Enough of the lies.

I did make some mistakes out of inexperience when I was a new breeder. This does not make me a backyard breeder (someone who irresponsibly breeds their dogs with little concern for the dogs, puppies or the breed's well being) or irresponsible. What kind of backyard breeder makes a 5 hour round trip drive to have their puppies hearing tested? What kind of backyard breeder refuses to sell a puppy as a breeder to a true back yard breeder (the kind who cant even tell me what their breeding goals are), even when they offer me nearly double the money?

Backyard breeders are not concerned with these things. Responsible breeders are. You can read many CURRENT reviews about me that show I am a good breeder. Paula....enough.

Go attack the breeders who dont health test or who raise their pups in outdoor dirt kennels or barns. Those who dont socialize their pups. Attack those who dont care enough to sell their pups with contracts, which promises the puppy to be healthy or the owner is entitled to a FULL refund. Or how about those that wont take back their puppies, allowing them to end up in shelters?

When one of my pups needed some extra training last year, I took him back and worked with him and then gave him back to his owners. Is that the work of a backyard breeder? Or how about the free puppy I gave to one of my puppy owners after he lost his Dalmatian due to an accident? Is that the sort of thing that an uncaring, cold hearted, selfish, money hungry breeder would do?

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to being a breeder. I expect, when Ive been raising dogs for 20 years, Ill still say this.

I have plenty of references. Previous buyers and even my vet are happy to talk about the excellent care my dogs and pups receive.

What photo is of concern? can you provide a link so we know what you are talking about?

how long has the photo been in use without your permission?

whatever happened with your dalmatian and request for partial refund? I read a ton of other reviews and responses from the breeder and it seemed they were trying to work with you?

View more comments (2)
ID
Newark, New Jersey

Spotted Kingdoms - Sold me a Deaf Dalmatian full price

I purchased a dalmatian puppy from Spotted Kingdoms in Ohio. I picked up the puppy when she was 7 weeks old. She was full of parasites and it took me several weeks and a lot of money to get that cleared up. I then took her to Columbus for a hearing test and found out she was deaf. Kristen Call (the breeder) e-mailed me and told me she would refund half my money, but give her a few weeks. My puppy is now 5 months old and I haven't seen a dime. Do not buy a dog from this breeder.

She is still at it! Mason City Iowa under the name Serenity Dalmatians

My lengthy response to paula did not post for some reason. I'll have to retype it another time.

Please ignore the smiley faces in my last post. They r not supposed to be there

Also, Paula, it would seem you don't know MY puppies as we ad I DO. I have a very, very clear memory of Reba's underdeveloped puppy.

How can you really sit there and say I would mix something like that up? Or that YOU would know better?!?! Really Paula...I don't think of the one who doesn't understand the shoe on the other person'sffoot. I tried so hard to save that puppy.

You :x have NO idea!!!!! I am not God to control life and death. One of the first cruel lessons every person who deals regularly in the arrival of new life learns is that death is a part of life. There are akc show breeders who have criticized me for "interferring" in my litters.

Many professional breeders believe survival of the fittest. I believe that every life is precious. The only other puppy who died in Reba' s litter was Finnegan (fin-dark green collar). He died several months after we went to live with his owner, matt.

I had warned matt expressly that Finns shots should b completed before they go in public...but ::p caught parvo in a park or on a walk. I found out only after Finn was gone :'( :'( matt was crushed. I had went to college with him and I knew how he saved for Finn. So Il gave him Finn half sister for free.

Finns death was not my fault.

But I know what its like to lose a pet...especially one so awaited and still so young. I gave him a free puppy because I am a NICE person and I CARE!!!!!

I would hope that my future puppy buyers are smart enough to see through Paula's lies.

@breeder

Wow.....sorry for all the typos!!!! I was typing on my phone

@kristen

This goes with my most recent post below, it disappeared because of the link I posted, I think.

You can believe whatever you want about my identity, but I can't have you saying that the Kristen is making up an imaginary person in order to back herself up. That's just ludacris. If you google the EXACT username "crsmith39" you can see some of the social networking sites that I, Chrissy Smith, am involved with. Go ahead and click on my pinterest account, where you can be directly linked to my facebook account by clicking the icon and from there you can direct your concerns regarding my identity to me via message. It's absolutely ridiculous how much you keep grasping at the idea of my fabrication, when it's obvious that we are not the same person.

Anyways, regarding the true matter at heart and not silly theories, you are completely entitled to your emotions and opinion as to the experience you received as a puppy buyer, and you may have had a bad experience..it can't always be perfect when dealing in animals and life. BUT I do want to say, that I am VERY very ridiculously happy with the puppy I received and the breeder-buyer relationship I had with Kristen!! I want to be sure that anyone who does see this review, while taking into account the negative, will also take into account the positive. How tragic would it have been if I had stumbled across this review before I purchased Otto and if it would have kept me from getting my puppy from her!! I would have never had his cute little spotted face, goofy personality, the silly noises that make him so extra special...I wouldn't have MY Otto. I just want to be sure that a negative review and one jaded person doesn't keep someone from getting their perfect puppy, when I have been blessed to receive such a wonderful little guy from Kristen!!! He's amazing and healthy in every way, and there is no possible way I could have ever chosen a better puppy if all the furballs int he world were lined up for my choosing. I will always sing praises of Spotted Kingdoms and Kristen!!!!!! p.s. I did want to let you know that I had actually misread your words of "partial refund" on ReviewsTalk as partial deafness, so that was a misinterpretation on my part. You can also see many pictures of my little guy there, so it's kind of strange that you obviously have been keeping an eye on ReviewsTalk and even though there are pictures of my puppy, you still insist on the crazy idea of me not being a real person. Since you're so insistent that I'm actually Kristen, it's pretty entertaining that all of the sudden a "Nastasia" has popped up when you're so obsessed with the topic of fake identities...and the wording of the post sounds just like you, Paula. I'm absolutely positive that you randomly picked a name from Spotted Kingdoms's Website, purposefully misspelled the name, and then posted it on the ONE review site that you haven't responded to my initial satisfied review with your claims of my being an invention of the breeder. Funny. AND you're just kind of proving the point that you won't help Kristen help you..by saying you won't send the bills.....pretty silly.

No, I do not have a litter on the way, thank you. Otto and Sparky are from different mothers. They share the same father.

crsmith39 is indeed the owner of one of my pup, Otto. Anyone who is on my facebook can see pictures of her with her puppy. True, I could alter my website however I wanted. Buy why would I do that? I have told many of my puppy owners about you, Paula. I have nothing to hide.

You are the only unsatisfied puppy owner I have ever had. I have tried to make you happy, but, despite your claims on this site, nothing I can do will appease you. You have been nothing but rude to me, despite my many efforts.

The puppy Paula is refering to dieing was seriously underdeveloped. His mother had a large litter (12). My vet (Brandywhine Hospital for Pets) can tell you that I did every last thing I could to help him. Paula once had a litter once so she acts as if she knows everything about puppies, dogs and breeding. I certainly don't claim to know all there is about breeding. I think all breeders can agree that you can always learn something new. However, for those who know about dog pregnancy.....This underdeveloped puppy shared a horn with a bigger puppy. For some reason, the bigger puppy was absoarbing the underdeveloped pup's nutition. My vet will tell you that 20% of your average litter will die. Good breeders will do their best for their mom and pups, but some things are just out of our control. I managed to keep the little underdeveloped boy alive until he was 6 days old...exceeding the vet expectation of him dieing in the first 48 hrs.

As far as Paula's claims to her puppy almost dying. Pardon me, but that's a fat load of bull ***. I spoke to her vet. We had a very different kind of conversation. Yes, her puppy had parasites(which I gave her my vet's meds for). I also, in writing, said that if additional meds were needed, I would pay for them.

AGAIN. I have said many, many, many, many time that Paula should send me copies of her vet bills and I will pay for them.

About the two dogs I found homes for. A breeder contacted me a year or so back with two Dalmatians she could not care for. I agreed to buy them. Angel and Reba had many behavioral issues that were the DIRECT result of too little socialization and human/canine interaction. I worked with them for a long time and corrected almost all of their issues. However, I came to realize that they needed a setting where they didn't feel they had to compete for attention with my other dogs. Reba was overly dominate and Angel was a bit timid (though very sweet) around a lot of commotion. I found they both suitable homes and, as I sure ther new owners would be happy to tell you, cried like a baby, especially when Reba (Paula's Sparky's mom) left. It wasn't lack of love...just the opposite. The enviorment at my house was not suitable to their needs. They had already proven to adjust quickly to new homes. It was and still is what I feel was best for them.

Also, about her clainm that my puppy room was dirty. Another lie. She was been in my puppy room and complimented me thouroughly on the design...even stating that it was much better than her doberman's breeder. I met with her outside the day of pickup because (aside from the fact that is was a beautiful day) a water pipe had broken in our laundry room and IT was a bit of a mess. I had been in the process of fixing it when Paula showed up without okaying her pickup time. You have to go through my laundryroom to get to my puppy room (Paula knows this). As she had been in my pup room before, I wanted to avoid taking her through the water of the floor.

Hopefully I covered all your lies Paula. However, I have already deveoted way too much time and stress to you. Anyone who does not believe that crsmith (keeping out names as I do not have permission) is a real person with a real puppy...maybe you can ask her nicely for a picture. Paula, she is just giving her opinion. Like you, she is entitled. Please refrain from using your *** attitude on my puppy owners.

@Kristen (Breeder)

I'm sure you've told your puppy owners what you want them to hear.I am not the only "unsatisfied" customer. Natasha has posted a complaint on reviewtalks.

I would be appeased if you sent the refund as promised. The puppy you mentioned is not the same puppy I was referring to that died so you must have had several. I believe my puppy did almost die. I did not take her to my vet, but the emergency pet hospital.

Why bother submitting my vet bills, I wouldn't see that either. You gave very different reasons in your e-mails for getting rid of your dogs. You told me your puppy room was dirty. Nothing was ever said about a washer.

You said you hadn't had time to clean it. Just quoting what you said. I have not lied about anything. I have no reason to.

I know I'll never see my money. As far as *** attitude", I'm sure you would be the same way if the shoe were on the other foot.

I believe crsmith is you. I have warned buyers about you and that is all I set out to do.

Aaaand in clicking on the link for my facebook...it's funny that my cover photo is a picture of Otto......except that he and myself are fake. Soooo....

@Paula H Rpq

Reply to crsmith. I'm sure the breeder can do what ever she wants with her web site.

It doesn't change the facts. I have a witness that my dogs collar was yellow and was not the runt. My dog did not come from a Sept litter nor from Daisy. I never in any blog I wrote stated my dog was partially deaf.

She is totally deaf and always has been. The point here is I was sold a deaf dog and promised a refund which I did not receive.

I believe crsmith is the breeder trying to cover her tracks. Must have another litter on the way.

View more comments (18)