Silver Star Movers - New Jersey

Silver Star Movers refuses to give my $50 deposit back even though I did not use their service. They was suppose to arrive Sat. 12/1/12 @ 8am but didn't show up or call. I called & tracked down the driver and he said he'd be here in 15 minutes. After numerous calls, he did not show up until 9.15am. No apologies. Then he looks around and says "oh you have alot of stuff". I have a binding/contracted price, he was looking to increase the price on me. I remind him that it is a binding price & someone already came out to look at all my "stuff". It wasn't alot (no couch, no mattress - only large items were 1 (40") tv, 2 three drawer dressers and ellipitical machine - the rest were boxes 1bedrm apt )smh). So then the movers (Luis) said he is going to charge me for tape when it states right in print that tape and wrapping was included - smh trying to get over. So at that point who knows how much he would try to charge with additional fees once I get my stuff on his truck and get to the other side. I refused his service and went with another company, who showed up on time and acted in a professional and efficient matter. I don't like when companies try to take advantage of people (especially this one). I called today (Monday 12/3) to get a refund of my $50 deposit since I didn't use their service and they refused. Tom said that since Luis & his two day laborers showed up (even though over an hour late) that they would've still did the move. I took the lost and decided to not refer them to anybody. Apparently my $50 was more important than the two referrals I was going to give them. Bad business.

Silver Star movers are horrible. Showed up late.

Used untrained day labor. Ran out of packing material and refused to deliver more. Supervisor quit in the middle of the job and they would not send a replacement. I had to manage the crew to finish the packing and unload.

MANY MANY damages. Refused to give me the $200 refund I was due.

Sliver Star movers is a POS moving company!! They are thieves for one, they try and rob there own workers!!

The boss has his own insurance in case of anything but when something goes wrong like if something brakes he tries to charge his workers on that!!

like *** happen dude , but u got balls to try an *** ur worker!! So if ur a customer whos been *** by them go figure the *** there own employees so *** that dudes!!

View more comments (1)