American Water Heaters - American Water Heater Whirlpool aer BAD

7 years ago we replaced our water heater. They installed an a 40 gallon gas unit. They had trouble from day 1 to get the pilot lit and stay on. The install took a long time because they were on the phone with American Water Heater. FYI this is also sold under the Whirlpool name as well as others, American Water Heater is now owned by AO Smith. Over the initial guarantee they had to keep coming out to light the flame. After replacing part after part they got it going. American Water Heater was not helpful to them. They kept giving the service man CRAZY things to watch for. American Water Heater was so bad that Lowes stopped selling it. Google complaints also Google Terry Love a profession plumber who runs a website and you will see for yourself what the professionals say. CRAP!!
Service
American Water Heaters Water Heater Installation
Bad quality

Advantagecare Physicians - Advantage Care Physicians North Babylon sucks

Here is the scoop on Advantage care physicians.. 1. Accept the fact that everyone who calls goes into the call center. It is cost effective for them. That means they keep their costs down and YOU WILL NEVER GET TO TALK TO YOUR DR. 2. As long as you stay healthy you will like them. They used to be Queens Long Island Medical. They changed their name and got worse. 3. If you get to know the employees they will tell you how much they hate working there. 4. Getting prescription refills can be daunting. You waste a ton of time and then they say that they never got the request. 5. If you need a referral, good luck. Keep on top of them. I can go on and on. Be your own advocate. If you need to speak up then do so. When I was healthy I hardly ever went there. I was happy. As I get older I have medical issues. I now interact with them on a regular basis. It's almost funny when I call them every day for the same thing. I talk to a CSR at the call center for 10 minutes and they ok me and I'm back on the phone with them the next day for the same thing. *************** I was late for my last appointment by 10 minutes. They told me that I had to reschedule it. There were several patients who were still waiting to see the DR. who had earlier appointments, talk about overbooking. I went to the hospital. I have a zero copay. They remodeled the office but nothing has changed. There are some nice doctors and staff. Remember they are there to make a profit so keep that in mind.

Good evening....What you have said in your post sounds very true and seems to be a common thread among all of the various posts in some shape, form, or fashion. I would venture to say this however, whether it be EmblemHealth, AdvantageCare, or any other business enterprise that is in the business to make money (financial gain) for their shareholders/stakeholders...that business enterprise cannot make money if the consumer is not willing to partake of your goods and services/product.

Emblem Health/AdvantageCare is in the business to provide health care services. If their services are not up to par and the end-user (you, me, us-the consumer/s) take our business elsewhere, then that will have an effect on their bottom line ($$$). Furthermore, as long as we remain silent (meaning that our concerns are not articulated to the person at the top (the head honcho) who may or may not be aware of the situation and is somewhat distanced from what's going on in the trenches), then we cannot expect the situation to be improved.

This is why I am an advocate of documenting (writing a formal letter) to the person at the very top of the food chain (if you will).

May I suggest that you write a letter to Karen Ignagni, President and CEO of EmblemHealth. The Corporate Headquarters address is 55 Water Street, New York, NY 10041. Perhaps if she were to read some of the feedback in which patients have taken the time and energy to document and send to her, it might may some difference. It’s for certain though that if issues are not brought to her attention by the consumers of health care services at EmblemHealth and they opt to go elsewhere for their health care services, it will affect the bottom line ($$$) at EH.

Let's hope that Ms. Ignagni respects constructive criticism and takes this situation under advisement and addresses these issues which may have been unknown to her beforehand.

North Babylon, New York
Pros
  • Doctors and staff
Cons
  • Wait time
  • Having to call the call center 10 times
  • Lack of customer service response

Advantagecare Physicians Queens Long Island Medical Group

Why the call center?? It's simple and boils down to the bottom line, P& L. How much money will they save. Forgrt the patient. I called 4 times on Friday to get 1 perscription renewed. It took over 20 minuts. II too kept repeating the same informastion over and over. They called my pharmacy 2 times (for no reason). The pharmacy knows that Advantagecare Physicians are crazy and have no idea what they are doing. Their low prices are what keeps patients comming back. Their doctors are underpaid and most don't like working there but have no choice. If you like long waits, then this is the place to go to. I was once in the examining room for 1 hour. I was the last patient. a 2 minute examination and I was done. I was given a perscription and left. The only thing was that they forgot to send it electronicly to the drug store. The office was now closed and they wanted me to go to another office 40 minutes away. This used to be called the HIP center because that's the insurance that they accepted. Then they called themselves Queens Long Island Medical Group. You can change names but they still don't know what they are doing.
Bay Shore, New York
Poor customer service

Advantagecare Physicians - Advantagecare Queens Long Island Medical Call center sucks

I keep calling in to speak to someone about getting a perscription renewed. I get bounced from office to office. I get all kinds of different excuses. They have no idea what they are doing. Answers like we don't have a doctor by that name working for us, they never got the message, etc. The perscription was already called in to the pharacy and for 1 week are waiting for a prior auth. I understand that it's a busy practice but this is crazy. I asked to speak to a supervisor but they said that none were available. Guy, get your act together. Other patients will find other Doctors to see. It's a simple perscription that I call in for every month.
Bay Shore, New York
Service
Advantagecare Physicians Medical Care
Poor customer service

Bjs Wholesale Club - Got hurt & was lied to!

I recently was at the Deer Park New York store and one of the venders was giving out samples of food. I liked it so asked for a jar. When she handed it to me I got cut when I grabed the lid. The store manager came. We worked it out so that my membership would be extended for another year. It was that or an ambulance was going to take me to the local hospital. When it came time to get the extention I found out that they lied to me. All they did was get me to shut up. My advice to anyone who gets hurt at BJ'S wholesale club: Sue them!
Parsippany, New Jersey

Ideal Dental Svces - Ideal dental Services Deer Park Ave North Babylon New York

This is a dental clinic. I thought that it was a dentist office, boy was I wrong. I should have gone with my gut feeling. It started with a cleaning... When I walked out they gave me a plan. It was like being shot in the heart. Their plan was expensive. I had 3 fillings and then they started to talk about 2 possible root canals. 2 caps on 2 teeth that needed to be redone. They are scam artists. The place looked old. The cleaning was quick so i don't think that they spend much time with you.
#720579

With all due respect... I wended up getting a second opinion from another dentist. The second dentist didn't say anything bad about Ideal dental of North Babylon New York but did imply that he gets more and more of his patients.

About the second opinion... I fully understand that work needed to be done. Ideal dental gave me a plan that was crazy. The second dentist needed to do what he had to do to get my mout in acceptable condition. As it turns out his office looked lie a dental office not a clinic. His prices were about 25% less, his office was cleaner and more.

So far all the work that was done is good. The funny thing was that 1 tooth that Ideal dentest said needed a root canal and then a cap turned out to be just a large cavity. My new dentist said that lets see how uit goes. I just had a cleaning &b X rays done as a follow up and he said that tooth is good and in all probabibilty won't need a 41,500 restoration job.

#720558

IT IS STILL YOUR OPTION NOT TO ACCEPT THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS. WOULD YOU RATHER THEY ONLY TOLD YOU ABOUT A LESSER LEVEL OF CARE?

THE CHOICE IS STILL YOURS. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL WITH 2 FULL TIME DENTAL SURGEONS ON THEIR STAFF AS WELL AS 3 GENERAL DENTISTS.

JOEL

Tedman, If your Xrays showed you had rotten teeth and needed all that work then you gotta pay up!! It's that simple.

People always want something for nothing. I was there and had no issues.

In fact, they were very amenable to payment plans etc.. You won't be sorry of your teeth ,)

#720585
@yourluckystars

They were nice about payments if I was going to get the work done. Cash, credit card or even offered a dental credit card that I could apply for or pay as I go.

The end result was if I didn't get that second opinion I would have given Ideal Dental of North Babylon NY a lot of money for work that didn't need to be done. Onje gripe was a tooth that had a large cavity. It din't need a root canal and then have a post and cap.

Ideal dental said that the cheapest way to do it was to pull the tooth. As of today the tooth has been treated (cavity filled) and is fine. It is fine and my new dentist said it is good and doesn't need a root canal done.

View more comments (3)