Unistar Talent Agency

Unistar Agency appears to be very similar to One Source Talent who simply charges a comp card fee and never delivers the comp card nor any bookings or follow up. I have been so-called signed for almost a year with no bookings, no photos, and too many unanswered emails! Please be careful. I would work only with Core Talent, Horne, Dawson, and some of the other more established firms in lieu of these smaller unverifiable firms. I can verify that as a client, I am completely dissatisfied and have seen no results despite their claims that I am highly marketable. http://www.unistartalent.com Elena Humphries Steve Humpries Lisa Stanley

The Humphries live in a nice home, guess Elena ripped enough

people/us off to keep the house in 2012 while her husband Steven was in prison for fraud.. Yup...

I think its 5409 Walden Drive in Plano. or 5904? I followed her after she wouldn't respond to me and she took $1200 of my hard earned money. Its the third house on the left.

Anyway, filed all my complaints and sent certified mail to their home that year, but nothing! Surprise, Surprise!! Someone needs to do something about this.

I'm disguisted with them.

After reviewing other sites for complaints... I've noticed the positive reviews are posted within minutes of each other!

Obviously the company doing so. You'll also notice there have been no updates on the website itself or the Facebook page. Lisa stated to me that there has been nothing new to update, which is a complete lie seeing as they have signed more models since and have supposedly taken photos.

It's an obvious scam and if you're seeing this you have either had an issue or are considering signing. If its the latter of the two I suggest you look for another agency!

I too signed with Unistar Talent. Before I signed any contract I did my research, unfortunately this was months ago and well before any of this helpful information was posted. I received 2 shoots for my comp cards and I DID in fact receive my cards, months later and after many threats. I had recieved 1 casting in my entire 8 months of being signed. Despite having recieved those things, this company is still a scam. You have to fight tooth and nail to get any reply back from them, unless of course it involves you paying them. I personally know 4 other models also signed with them that have not been so lucky to recieve their comp cards. I am in the works of legal action, even if I can't do a thing because I have recieved my cards, I would like to help those that haven't. They have jumped around to many different office locations and it is difficult to find them but if you have been scammed by them, you must fight back!

Steven Humphries is a convicted criminal in the state of Florida for a Ponzi scheme. And while Elena may seem like a sweet person, they are only out for your money.

I do not suggest trusting them if you have no signed but have been contacted by them and I do suggest looking into legal action if you have been scammed. I am looking to make this a subject for all news and media outlets and don't plan to stop until the world is aware. Be careful!!!

I just wanted to inform the public that I no longer work with Unistar Talent Agency, since they failed to follow through with their written promises, such as giving me my printed photos (portfolio/comp card) that I paid them over a grand for! And although I have told them to remove my images/name from their websites/products, it is still posted there.

I'm assuming that they don't want to remove images of individuals they no longer work with, due to the fraud that I and others have experienced from them, because they probably would have no one left on their so called "talent" website if they did so! They are a FRAUD! If you choose to work with them after seeing their negative rating of a D on the BBB website, and all these negative reviews plastered all over the web from former/or current clients that have experienced their fraudulent behavior and business practices, then you're silly! Enter at your own risk!

But don't be surprised if and when they take your money and don't deliver you photos and from what another individual stated, even a photo shoot! They will deposit your money immediately the same day to make sure they have it (that's what they did with mine), and you don't have to wait too long after that for the serious decline in communication! You'll be chasing them all the time for answers (about why they haven't followed through with all their promises), and believe me they'll try their best to avoid and run away from you as fast as they can because they are full of *** and only about your money! Don't waste your time and most importantly your money on this fake, slimy, fraudulent company!

And always do thorough research before you invest in any kind of business (especially a talent agency) that doesn't have a history or good ratings and reviews with consumer protection agencies (BBB, ATTORNEY GENERAL, LICENSING BOARD, ETC) and consumers in general! Thoroughly check everything from the company to the people that actually own the company and the individuals they employ or are affiliated with! You may learn a lot without even knowing much about the company yet! In my opinion (formed from my own horrible experience with Unistar Talent Agency) the company is SHADY and run by liars and scammers!

I wish I had the opportunity to read all these reviews before I wasted my money and time on this WACK company. I would have DEFINITELY AVOIDED THEM, just as much as they have avoided giving me legit answers and returning my WASTED money!

I'm assuming that they don't want to remove images of individuals they no longer work with, due to the fraud that I and others have experienced from them, because they probably would have no one left on their so called "talent" website if they did so! They are a FRAUD! If you choose to work with them after seeing their negative rating of a D (previously an F) on the BBB website, and all these negative reviews plastered all over the web from former/or current clients that have experienced their fraudulent behavior and business practices, then you're silly! Enter at your own risk!

its a scam. don't waste your money.

they'll take it and run by switching offices every chance they get so you have a hard time reaching them. they won't respond to emails or calls either. and don't deliver what you paid for. save your money and look for a real talent agency.

do your research. they stole $1,100 from me! they usually have an F rating on the BBB site. Right now it's a D+, but it will most likely go back to its usual F soon.

Sickntired, THANK YOU! I feel the same way!

All these so called positive comments are fake and being posted by one person. Unistar talent is a SCAM!

Karma will come around to you!! Do not give these people money!

I have the agree with the negative comments. I too have had many issues with this

"agency" and quite honestly it seems that the attacks on GenMil are being posted by the same person just using different screen names. This company is a scam, and you will not get any work out of them just an empty wallet.

For Potential Model/Actresses:

There are many corrupt agencies in the US. Unfortunately, if it is your first time, you may find out the hard way and be taken advantage of. Texas at one time was regulated however it is now an unlicensed business meaning anyone can open a talent agency.

Here are some red flags and helpful tips:

An agency who dictates which photographer you may use or makes you prepay for photos.

(NEVER prepay for anything and exercise caution to an agency who does request you pay them directly.)

Demand names and contact information and contract for photographer and printer so you may be in direct contact with both should an issue arise.

Research the company before signing any contract. Look at sources such as Better Business ( Look for A-B+ ratings only),contact other talent agents for advice, ask for client testimonials.

In response to timing and how long it should take to receive comp cards it should only take several weeks to test, edit the photo shoot, get prints made at the photo lab, send off for your composite card and have them returned, printed, to the model.

Anything longer than this again is highly questionable.

Any reputable agency will address concerns, schedule meetings, and be responsive.

If an agency fails to meet your expectations or fails to produce composites as promised, demand your money back from the agency.

DO TAKE ACTION

Often times people are embarrassed or still hopeful that their agency will act accordingly. If you are victim and lost money due to unscrupulous business practices, you do have rights. We urge you to exercise those rights so others will not be harmed.

1.) Demand a refund from your agency, if that fails,

2.) File a Better Business Bureau report,

One thing to consider about the Better Business Bureau though is that they do not have the government control to force a company to do actually resolve or refund anything, they act as a "mediator" and will report open cases for consumer review. It does help illustrate a pattern and will aide you in filing and pursuit of other legal options if a company has repeated patterns of unscrupulous business practice.

3.Contact your attorney or the Attorney General’s office in your state and report your case to The Licensing and Regulation Board.

4. File a Police report for theft in the county in which the business operates.

5. Simple civil litigation, civil or small claims

6. File a consumer class action lawsuit

A single person who has been injured may bring a class action on behalf of everyone who has been harmed. It is common, however, after the action has been started for many other injured people to join the class suit. In some situations, there may be a minimum number of class members specified by law in order for the lawsuit to proceed as a class action. Contact a civil attorney in your area for more information.

For Potential Model/Actresses:

Here are some red flags and helpful tips:

Anything longer than this again is highly questionable.

DO TAKE ACTION

1.) Demand a refund from your agency, if that fails,

2.) File a Better Business Bureau report,

4. File a Police report for theft in the county in which the business operates.

5. Simple civil litigation, civil or small claims