Update by user Apr 14, 2020

***update: just look at the company’s reply below. It explains things better than I can. Jeez.

Update by user Apr 10, 2020

**update: see the email screenshot below. What kind of company refuses to put in writing its reason for denying a claim? Scam.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2020
Well guys, I really wish I knew PissedConsumer.com existed before I bought a home warranty. APHW was rated as the best home warranty by Consumer Advocate, etc (2019). All I can figure is that all the other companies must actually break into your house and rob you. That's the only way they could be any worse than APHW. I paid for their Supreme Home Warranty with all the add-ons, bells and whistles, and a $100 deductible. I've now filed two claims - plumbing and A/C - both of them straightforward and exactly what you buy a home warranty for. APHW denied both claims. Not a penny. And you can tell when they're speaking with the service technician that they're trying to figure out a way to not pay the claim. Most of the service personnel around here (Texas) refuse to deal with home warranties for this reason. Anyhow, one of the things I hate worst in this world is feeling like a fool. Unless you like that feeling, I'd think twice about home warranties in general. That said, if you're still going to purchase one, find another company. Any other company.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company.

Who is Jolene? My name is Marc and I never made a dishwasher claim and you never approved $1 for either of my claims.

Good lord. My claim number is on both of the email screenshots I posted here. You guys continually amaze me. Nate from your office called me after my Home Advisor review went up.

He changed your story again and said you couldn’t pay my claim because you couldn’t reach the contractor who did the work. This just isn’t true. The contractor refuses to speak with you again because of your behavior when you spoke to him at my house. Your scam is reprehensible.

I guess you should probably find Jolene and give her your line of BS.

You can copy and paste it. I don’t mind.

Hello Jolene, I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. I have taken a second look at your claims, and I see that your dishwasher claim was a non-covered part.

I do understand your frustration with needing to call out a licensed technician to diagnose the issue, however this step is essential as the warranty covers specific items that fail due to normal wear and tear, which is why it is necessary to get the diagnosis before any determinations can be made. I have also reviewed your heat pump claim and I see that we approved the maximum amount based on your equipment’s value. If you have any further questions or concerns, or need to file any other claims before your contract expiration, please don’t hesitate to call.

We are available to you 24/7/365. Respectfully, Customer Care Support Team CustomerCare@aphw.com America's Preferred Home Warranty

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Dishonesty
  • Poor service
  • Try to get out of providing service

Hi Lo Appliance - Overcharging and Rude
Whirlpool oven repair. Remember to ask: Is the "diagnosis fee" included in the cost of repairs if we decide to go with Hi/Lo? I took this for granted. Don't make the same mistake I did. Hi/Lo wants to be paid $79 for just showing up and also wants to be paid full rate for the work once they get there. This is double billing. I knew the part number I needed and had photos. I guaranteed that we would use Hi/Lo for the obvious repair and only asked that they look at the oven to see if it needed anything else while they were out. They refused, unless I paid an additional $79, saying, "That's what our diagnosis fee is for." And the man was rude about it. I don't know about you, but I have never had a job that paid me simply for driving to work. I hope this helps others avoid my mistake.

User's recommendation: Find another repair shop.

#2070378

this person did not use Hi/Lo Appliance. We do not have a $79 fee.

must have been someone else.

and this should be removed. This is spam

Service
Hi Lo Appliance Oven Repair
Pros
  • Fancy website
Cons
  • Not trustworthy
  • Overcharging
Apology

Junior Reviewer

Armtech Appliance Repair - Avoid Armtech (Lameck Massaba)

Update by user Mar 30, 2020

Pissedconsumer.com asked that I write an update. Armtech never offered a refund, discount, apology, nor explanation.

On the bright side, I got both of my appliances repaired for ~$800, as opposed to replacing both of them as recommended by Armtech at a cost of $5000+.

Repairs took a total of 2 hours. My advice is to skip my first step and call someone else.

Update by user Feb 29, 2020

*forgot - Mr. Massaba goes by "Henry" in email and text. His full name is Lameck Massaba.

Original review posted by user Feb 29, 2020
I needed refrigerator and dishwasher service. I found Armtech on Thumbtack. The first warning sign that I ignored was the fact that he circumvented the app's messaging system and contacted me directly. My fault for listing my cell - but it's noteworthy that he cheated his own business partner (Thumbtack) to save the referral fee. Mr. Massaba made an appointment for 9:00am. He arrived at 1:30pm. He worked on my refrigerator for an hour or so, then called me into the kitchen to help him. He could not disassemble the thing to access the compressor. Then, he could not get it reassembled correctly. This was the second sign I ignored. I should have sent him away immediately. Once the refrigerator was reassembled (with my help), he told me it was totaled, that I should just buy a new one. This is a 2 year old Samsung smart refrigerator, about $5000. According to Mr. Massaba, the many parts needed to fix it would cost more than a new one. The only problem he was intended to fix? One of two refrigerator sections was only cooling to 36 degrees, as opposed to the other section which maintains 33 degrees. The freezer section was running like a champ. Third warning sign and I ignored it. So...on to the dishwasher. I melted a Tupperware lid on the heating element. It only needed a new heating element. It still washed dishes great, it just wouldn't dry them. I told this to Mr. Massaba before setting the appointment, gave him the model number, and asked that he bring the part. He did not. Instead, he told me via email later that evening: "The Heating Element is NO LONGER AVAILABLE, just buy a new dishwasher I will do installation for you." (his caps) It's a stainless Kenmore dishwasher, about 4 years old. I don't know how much a new one costs, because another technician came out and replaced the heating element in mine the next day. In short, Mr. Massaba does not know what he's doing. That's giving him the benefit of the doubt, because the only other option is that he's a crook. He likely makes a pretty good living from his "diagnosis fees" alone and probably installs a few appliances that people may not need. If you ignore these warning signs like I did, it'll cost you.
Service
Armtech Appliance Repair Repair
Cons
  • Dishonesty
  • Unnecessary expense
  • Incompetence

Avoid CARiD

Avoid CARiD
Update by user Mar 05, 2020

***Update: Here's how CARiD attempts to resolve these complaints. They contact the consumer websites and accuse their customers of fraud, saying they've never done business with CARiD.

This shameful dishonesty is what you can expect from CARiD.

So, I've posted an email screenshot here from my dealings with the company and I've supplied invoices to the various review sites. I am a real customer, and my loss is real.

Original review posted by user Feb 04, 2020
I paid for CoverKing seat covers for my 2014 Dodge Ram 3500. The product that arrived seems well made. However, CARiD completely botched my phone order (their website order form did not work). After waiting 2 months for my backordered items, I received $500 of useless covers. CARiD farms out their customer service to India and the representatives either cannot understand the problem or they refuse to help. In addition, they are rude. I did not receive even a partial refund. No exchange. Nothing. They blamed the manufacturer completely and CoverKing states the seats were sewn as ordered by CARiD. I thoroughly researched the product and neglected to look at credible reviews of the vendor...which are mostly variations of my story. I hope this helps someone avoid my costly mistake.
Product
Coverking Car Seat Cover
Cons
  • Poor quality bad exchange policy
  • Poor customer service
  • Return policy
Reason of review