Advanced Reviewer

Plattsburgh RV Park - To Let other people know what a TERRIBLE park this is !!

I have traveled this country for over 10 years and NEVER seen a park as POORLY run as this one. Septic smell all day, every day. Water tastes like the run off from a chemical plant, it foams in you glass. Most sites have NOT seen any new gravel in 20 years. If your site does not have a fire ring or picnic table you must steal one from another site, or if a seasonal, you must buy one. To many other problems to list here !!

User's recommendation: Pass this one by.

ID
Cons
  • Bad water
  • Terrible laundry
  • Poor management
Apology

Lazydays Rv Center - They are crooks

They sold me a 2014 5th wheel Sprinter in Jan. 2015. They told me it was a demo owned by a Keystone employee, NOT !!!! ONE LIE. When I took delivery I noticed that the back wall looked "puffy" on the outside. They checked it out and told me that was normal because the back wall was free hanging . BS !!! Keystone told me there was no wood in the back wall. B.S. !!!!! ANOTHER LIE. The "PUFFY" look was water leaking into the wall making everything swell up. Every bit of wood rotted and the wall almost FELL OFF !!! I am SURE Lazydays Knew this and dumped this camper on me. They are nothing but CROOKS !!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !!!!

User's recommendation: RUN, DON'T walk away from Lazydays. They are NOT to be trusted!!

Advanced Reviewer
DO NOT buy any Keystone brand !!! They make JUNK and do not stand behind the product. I have taken the factory tour, ASK yourself , how can they make a quality 40Ft. 5th wheel RV in 9 hours? Answer: THEY CAN'T !!! They make JUNK and take your money and laugh all the...
#1993216

DON'T be fooled by Keystone's nice talk on this website. THAT IS ALL IT IS, TALK !!! They will do NOTHING !!

View more comments
ID
Cons
  • Too many problems for a brand new rv
  • Warranty worthless
  • Lack of accountability and blame the client
Apology

Advanced Reviewer

Goodman Manufacturing - DON'T DO IT !!!!

Brand new Goodman heat pump here in northern Florida in March of 2018. We do not live here from April thru September. This unit has about 6 to 8 months of service on it. NOW IT IS DEAD !!! The company that sold it and installed it says it is a grounded compressor. Goodman ONLY covers the part. Labor is $800 I would NEVER buy another one and recomend you don't either
Product
Goodman Manufacturing Heat Pump
Pros
  • Cheap
  • Goodman -
Cons
  • Buyer beware
  • Huge labor bill after 6 months of service
  • Defective

Advanced Reviewer
The manager at T.T. at Kennassie Lakes in Ohio is a big FAT liar, Had me suspended over a lie. T.T. sent state troopers to evict me from a park in Michigan, cancelled all my reservations and I am 1500 miles from home Angry Angry Angry No appeal, no nothing, they...

I BEG TO DIFFER !!! I HAVE gone out of my zone, I have traveled the whole country and been in VERY few T.T.

parks that are worth the stop. The one in Florida are nice, Hershey was good but that was it, but that is about it. Management throughout the system is TERRIBLE !!! especially in Ohio.

VERY, VERY, poor maintenance throughout, and I am talking about basic cleaning of sites and facilities. We actually were put in a site in one park that had sewage running through it due to 3 or 4 sewer hook-ups that had been broken and no one fixed them.

Save your money don't pay THOUSANDS 0f $$ for a WORTHLESS T.T. membership.

View more comments
Thousand Trails Rv Campground
Cons
  • Membership is worthless
  • Should be closed by heath dept
  • Would never book another reservation with them
Poor customer service
Full refund

Update by user Nov 25, 2019

If considering T.T. DON'T DO IT !!!

The parks are ALL sub-standard !! While it is true if you are full times you can not do it cheaper, SOMETIMES you get what you pay for!!

With Thousand Trails you DON'T even get that. MOST of the parks have electrical issues, DON'T...

#2008608

Sorry to say, but the "ones in Florida" are not an exception. TT Orlando electric and water go out at least weekly.

The sites are unlevel, rutted, majority of paved sites are broken/crumbling/uneven/jagged, mostly dirt very little grass even in the wide open field sites. No internet for >1 year, no free hotspot just about 2 years. Have a "new" section opened early this winter. Cement site and table pads.

Grass planted. Setup meant for huge Class A RVs. Smaller rigs and camper trailers cannot reach the utilities without lots of extensions on electric cord /sewer hoses/water hoses. Patio aligns for Class A's but not for camper trailers if they also plan on utilities hookups.

Roads paved in some sections last year so those are in good condition still. 3 Flags (at least the front section) is all dirt, some grass, lots of ruts in sites, flooding, uneven 'pad' sites, similar hookup location issues, ancient electric, few cement table pads --usually damaged and risky for injuries, although the roads are paved and in decent condition. Peace River is a pit. FHU sites look like a ghetto, paved/gravel but degraded terribly similar to Orlando.

PHU sites are in an open field and only open in winter--flooded 11 feet high a couple of years ago-- and you're required to go to a PHU site and play the daily time- and vacation-wasting FHU lottery. Field is rutted, muddy, floods, there is a good amount of grass. Roads are paved, run down but not terribly degraded. There are perimeter sites along river, partly woodsy, still PHU 'field' though.

Had 2x/week free pump out if stayed 1 week+; reduced to 1x/week in 2019. Getting onto the signup list can be an issue.

Employee does pump out, not an outside vendor (We think that's a +). There are only 3 TT parks in Florida.

Adams, Ohio
Thousand Trails Rv Campground
Cons
  • Sewer smell
  • Very poor condition of most parks
  • Broken promises
Lies , No service
Full refund

Advanced Reviewer

Keystone RV - JUNK Product , NO customer service & THEY DO NOT CARE !!!!

Update by user Nov 21, 2019

If you doubt me, look at YouTube video # 1nn9PUrWEMK I proved to Keystone beyond a shadow of a doubt that the roof was installed at the factory INCORRECTLY !!! They would do NOTHING !!!

EVEN AFTER I OFFERED TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR !!!! They make JUNK!! That is what they do. And even WORSE they DO NOT stand behind their product.

Keystone is the SLIME OF THE EARTH !!!

They are in business to STEAL your retirement!!! DON'T BUY ONE !!!

Original review posted by user Oct 22, 2019
Anyone thinking about buying ANY Keystone brand, and there are a dozen or so, I am BEGGING YOU, DON'T DO IT !!! They build these $80k units in 9 hours or so, ( I have been on the factory tour) How can you do quality work in 9 hours ?? They make mistakes ALL THE TIME !!! If you make it through the 1 year warranty YOU are on your own and they don't even care if it was their fault or not. A LOT of the time they won't even cover you if it IS within the 1st year, just look at some of the posts on this page. On my $50k 2014 Sprinter they installed the roof fabric incorrectly, AC water leaked inside the rear wall, we did not notice it because it did not come inside the camper. I resealed it twice a year and never saw where it could be leaking until the rear wall almost FELL OFF !!! When we took it apart we saw that they did not extend the rubber roof to the corner of the roof and just slapped a piece of molding over it with just a dab of caulking. Took it to 3 dealers and all said it was a factory defect, took a dozen photos or more, all Keystone said was that I was out of my warranty period. It takes a while to rot out every piece of wood in a back wall and then the water found its way into the floor. Keystone would do NOTHING !! THAT IS because they are the biggest slime ball company in this market place. They care NOTHING about their customers, they lie to them about the way these things are constructed, and they have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE !! They are nothing better than CROOKS !!! My 2014 Sprinter that I bought as a demo/leftover in Jan. of 2015. Cost me $35k I though it was a good deal, NOT !!! Just traded it in on a Forest River / Prime Time RV , Crusader. I was lucky to get $5k for my sprinter after the floor started to fail as well as the back wall. I guess that is ALL you can ask of Keystone is a $35k fifth wheel that lasts 3 seasons. Let this be a lesson to EVERYONE , DON'T BUY KEYSTONE, or ANYTHING build by Thor industries. !!!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY !!!

Hey !! It's a FREE country.

And yes I know I will not get any $$ from this, BUT I WILL cost Keystone a few units, and THAT is a FACT!!! I have dozens of e-mails from people thanking me for keeping them from making the biggest mistake of their lives buying a Keystone. Sooner or later they WILL have to IMPROVE Quality and that will be good for everyone. What are you picking on me for anyway ???

ARE YOU BLIND ??? There are a thousand people or more on this one website that got SCREWED by this company. I AM NOT ALONE HERE !!

Go to Yelp, there are HUNDREDS more !! Keystone makes a habit of SCREWING people, DON'T BUY ONE !!!

Good luck with your new RV. If its a Keystone as I suspect, you may NEED A LOT of it !!

And YES I traded out of my Sprinter because it was about to fall down around the axles. But I guess that is all you can expect from a piece of JUNK $50k Keystone RV, 3 seasons !! True, I do not own a Keystone any longer, I got $5k for a camper I paid $40k for 3 years ago because it was assembled wrong at the factory !! Fear not , I WILL continue to post here and on as many other sites as possible !!

When YOU get SCREWED by a company like KEYSTONE for tens of thousands of $$$ , you don't forget it.

KEYSTONE IS JUNK !!!! DON'T BUY ONE !!!

@thinwater

Wait, what?! If you traded out of the unit, why in the world are you complaining on here???

Come on Man, you are not going to benefit in anyway by holding onto the past. Let it go, and enjoy your new unit. Go harass them on a forum.

I would guarantee that you won't get a response from the new manufacturer who built your unit! Good luck!

Hey Hey, you're back!! You must've taken my advice and went on that trip, or enjoyed something for a lil bit?

BTW, I go and look at my potential new home next week!!! SCORE right?!!

@thinwater didn't you say on another review that you've traded out of your unit?

Dang, you aren't telling the full story, are ya?? I've been researching around trying to find an RV.

After looking at the good and bad remarks, I just happened to run across ***ALL*** of your reviews about this company. It seems to be a matter of you got told "no" and now you've been throwing a fit for months? They obviously talked to you at some point based on their reply to you. Every company has their problems, and policies in place.

Your posts and reviews are a good example as to why they do! After reading a lot of other manufacturers negative remarks, I will say at least Keystone is taking the time to reply to you on here! Other Manufacturers don't do. Seriously though, enjoy traveling, enjoy life, or something.

You kinda look a tad bit obsessed, and it's just odd.

I will tell you, because of your reviews, I may end up having to go with this company! Thanks Man!

@Hardy

Glad someone finally said it!

Dear Keystone, YOU are nothing but LIARS !!! You offered NO ASSISTANCE, NOTHING !!!

EVEN AFTER I OFFERED TO PAY YOU TO FIX IT !!! You LIED to me about the condition of my unit, I almost did not make it home before the rear wall fell off !! You LIED to me when you assured me there was no wood used in the wall construction, WRONG !! And you LIE here when you come on here and let people THINK you tried to help.

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR !!! I proved to you that this was a factory defect, reports from 2 different dealers bare that out. If you make a mistake at the factory, YOU SHOULD OWN IT !! You make JUNK and you do not care !!!

I am going to make it my life's work to go on every web-site I can find to tell everyone what JUNK you make and not to get SCREWED like you screwed me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE , people, let what happened to me be a lesson to you all, DO NOT buy ANYTHING Keystone !!! ALL of their dozen or more brands are JUNK !! AND THEY DO NOT CARE !!

I am PROOF of that !! And remember Keystone is owner by Thor industries, the KING of SLIME BALL companies !!!

@thinwater

Look who IS obsessed, YOU. I got screwed by this company for 10's of thousands of $$.

I think YOU would be upset as well. YOU ARE RIGHT, ALL companies have SOME problems, BUT when you PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was a manufacturing defect they should own it !! If you buy a Keystone, FINE !! I REALLY HOPE you do not have any problems with it.

BUT I WILL for the rest of my life try to warn as many people as possible what a dishonest company Keystone REALLY IS !!! Good luck with your Keystone you may need it.

@ Thinwater, Keystone does care about our customers, and review all cases based on facts. We were more than happy to have you speak to our management team and provide direction when you visited Keystone RV last year.

Even though your unit has been retail owned and utilized since 2013, by multiple owners ending with your current ownership; we have offered any assistance that we could offer up to this point.

While it’s an unfortunate situation, attempting to discourage our customers from contacting us with questions or concerns, will not alter the outcome of your situation. Thank you.

View more comments (9)
ID
Cons
  • Quiality
  • No compassion for customer situation
  • Company does not stand behind its products

Keystone RV - CLASS ACTION

COME-ON PEOPLE !! Lets all get together and go after them!! There are over 900 of us just here on this one website that have been SCREWED by this company. LETS GET A LAWYER and MAKE THEM PAY for this junk they have been making !!! Contact me @ grmtchem@***.com Wtf

I would be interested in the class action as well.

I would be more than happy to be part of a class action suit. How do you start one?

My name is Timothy Ferguson. I can be reached at timothyferguson@***.net.

I have a 2019 Keystone Larado 325RL.

Nothing but issues. In the shop now waiting for Keystone to say if they will authorize decaying floor issue caused by water leaks.

@Nadja

Keystone RV recently reviewed your post. In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN, and your contact information.

If you would like, you can verify the last 8 digits of your VIN on here, and we can look up your information and contact you directly. You may also reach us Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm & Fridays 8am-4pm, all times EST.

Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-866-425-4369. Thank you.

@Nadja

Also have a 325RL purchased i May 2018. Went on western trip fr 2 months.

Axle held on with 2 bolts, tires broke thru floor causing rotten floor. Roof leak, had to replace roof. Leaking windows, furniture in rear ruined, etc, etc, etc. One thing after another.

Keystone fixed some things. won't fix rotting floor. General RV advised us that unit is too dangerous to use. Have had the use of for 3 months total.

In shop remainder of time or sitting unusable. Time to get a shark attorney.

View more comments (4)
Product
Keystone Rv Rv
Pros
  • Lay-out of camper
Cons
  • Answer i got from keystone
  • Poor quality and construction
  • Poor build quality

Advanced Reviewer

Keystone RV - These are JUNK !!

OK, so I fixed the right side of my 2014 Sprinter with the help of an ex Keystone employee. See video on YouTube # 1nn9PUrWEMk So I moved over to the left side, just so it would look good and have matching molding on the corners. When I reached in to check the wood in the corner it crumbled in my hand, it was WORSE than the right side, the rubber roofing above WAS NOT even wrapped around the corner, just brought to the edge of the molding and insufficiently caulked , WHICH OF COURSE caused a leak and over time rotted out everything !! AND OF COURSE with a 1 year warranty, Keystone WALKS AWAY !!! COME ON people !! The ONLY way to fix this is to hit them in the pocketbook!! The problems are systematic ALL KEYSTONES seem to be affected !! THOR INDUSTRIES is the parent company of Keystone. DON'T BUY ANYTHING MADE BY THEM !!! We are trying to get a class action going. contact me at grmtchem@***.com Wtf

Good Morning, clearly this is a frustrating situation for you and I can’t say I wouldn’t be too if the roles were reversed. Please know, Keystone does care about our customers, and we were more than happy to have you speak to our management team when you visited Keystone last year.

Even though your unit is over 4 years out of warranty, and you are not the original owner, Keystone did take time to go over your concerns with you. Since you are not the original owner of the unit, we directed you to proceed through your insurance company.

While it’s an unfortunate situation, please know, you are more than welcome to reach out to us directly with questions and concerns, and as you experienced yourself last year, you will not be turned away from Keystone if you come to visit us with concerns. Thank you.

@KeystoneRV-1

MORE CHEAP TALK !!! THAT IS ALL YOU KNOW HOW TO DO !!

Put this much energy into building a QUALITY RV and you would NOT have the reputation you have here and many other sites !! YOUR name is GARBAGE on just about every review site I have been to, not just this one !!

@thinwater

"Thinwater", Keystone does care about our customers, and review all cases based on facts. We were more than happy to have you speak to our management team and provide direction when you visited Keystone RV last year.

View more comments (2)
Keystone Rv Rv Repair
Pros
  • Floorplan
Cons
  • Anything about keystone standing behind their product
  • Poor workmanship and poor value
  • Lack of responsibility by manufacturer for paint defect

Keystone RV - WORST WORKMANSHIP !!! DON'T BUY ONE

Keystone RV - WORST WORKMANSHIP !!! DON'T BUY ONE
Just look at this photo, THIS is how Keystone installs a rubber roof, with a half inch gaping hole at the corner !! The ONLY thing between the hole and the inside of my rear wall was a very small amount of caulking, but not enough to keep the water out and rotting everything in the inside of the wall. Please go to YouTube and view video- 1nn9PUrWEMk to get the whole story. You WILL be sorry if you buy Keystone or anything built by THOR industries. They DO NOT stand behind their products. They just take your money

ANYONE thinking about Keystone, LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY !!! They can SCREW-UP at the factory SO BAD that it results in a catastrophic FAILURE, and because it is out of warranty period ( 1 year ) they can WALK AWAY !!

Do you REALLY want to pay 10's of thousands of $$ for an RV that will only last 4 or 5 years because of THEIR mistake ????? DO THAT sound like a company YOU want to buy from !! I THINK NOT !!

DON'T DO IT !!! DON'T BUY KEYSTONE, or anything else made by THOR INDUSTRIES !!

@thinwater

I totally agree with you! I'm hoping more like you start paying more attention before they buy a new RV.

Lots of junk out there.

Maybe if everyone out there refused to do any purchases for next 2-3 years, then the RV manufactures out there might??? cleanup their act and start manufacturing a decent product!

Or, if you would like, you can verify the last 8 digits of your VIN on here, and we can look up your information and contact you directly. You may also reach us Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm & Fridays 8am-4pm, all times EST.

Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-86*-***-****. Thank you.

@Keystone RV - 1

DON'T make believe you CARE !!! I have been in touch with Francheska, & Misty in what you call customer service, NOT !!

They have my vin# They will DO NOTHING !!! " I am out of my warranty period " Damage like this, that is CLEARLY caused by shoddy workmanship at the factory, takes YEARS to become a failure, AND YOU KNOW IT !! That is WHY you only give 1 year warranty, So you can get away with stuff like this!! I even offered to PAY for you to fix this unit and you would not !!

So don't come on here and make believe you care !!!

You have my money and I have nothing but $40k worth of problems. I ALSO have this and MANY other web sites to continue posting in the hopes that FEWER & FEWER Keystones are purchased by unsuspecting consumers.

@thinwater

Good afternoon, clearly this is a frustrating situation for you and I can’t say I wouldn’t be too if the roles were reversed. Please know, Keystone does care about our customers, and we were more than happy to have you speak to our management team when you visited Keystone last year.

@Keystone RV - 1

TALK IS CHEAP !!! And that is ALL Keystrone does is TALK !!!

I DID try to go thru my insurance, and was denied because this damage was not the result of an accident. Even the insurance adjuster stated that this problem has been going on for a VERY long time, as wood does NOT rot out overnight, EVEN HE thought it was the result of a manufacturing problem AT THE FACTORY !!! I offered to PAY YOU to fix it and you WON'T !! I WILL be shopping for another camper in the next year or so, either a class C or another 5th wheel, and I am SORRY to say, after having owned 6 Keystones, and having been VERY loyal to the brand, that Keystone or ANYTHING made by THOR INDUSTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED !!!

I suggest that the rest of the world not listen to this CHEAP TALK from Keystone and do the same. DON'T BUY ONE !!!

Because if you do, you will be on your own, Keystone HAS NO customer service !!! JUST CHEAP TALK !!!

@thinwater

Thank you for sharing. I will not buy a keystone!!!!

View more comments (6)