Miramichi New Brunswick McDonalds

The service at Miramich New Brunswick Canda Franchise service is remarkably worthless, and the managment doesnt even seem to care, for someone to wait over 30 minutes to even submit their order, when there are only 3 people standing in front of them is remarkable, and then to stand in front of the cash register and wait for another 10 minutes is outrageous. IT IS A SHAME FOR THE MCDONALDS FRANCHISE, AND SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE. I had to take my 3 children out of McDonalds without getting anything, thought that this franchise actually cared about children, but obviously this branch does not. Especially when employees are walking around and teasing one another and playing with condiments and trying to act busy, and not waiting on customers, and mangers are laughing about the nieve employees they have underneath them.

@ Rachkatierj

OMFG that was soooo funny. I didn't expect it to get so violent!

Those poor brats.Thanks for the good laugh. :grin

To make it worse, when I got home my youngest child was whining because he was hungry. I was already in a bad mood from the bad service at Mcdonalds.

I was so angry that I decided to write this letter. Well my youngest my three year old was crying because he was hungry and frustrated so I took off my belt and started hitting him.

Then I went to my eleven year old son and grabbed him by the hair and started pulling his hair because he was supposed to be watching my the younger two children. I am seeking help for my outbursts but because of what happened at Mcdonalds today I just lost it and my poor children have to suffer because if it.

View more comments (1)
ID
Moncton, New Brunswick
Loss

McDonalds - Either Poor Staff Training or Bad Management

I waited in line for over 30 minutes at the Miramichi NB McDonalds, and still never got my order taken, and when I finally gave up, over 20 people walked out before me, and after I left many followed. Needless to say my 3 children were very upset,because they wanted McDonalds, but luckily there was a Burger King near by. For any business to look negaitively upon any comments would be ashame, becuase this establishment has over 30 to 40 people walking out within 5 minutes because of bad service. Dont know whether it was because of bad training, or bad mangement control, or the enability to multitask, but it is definitely the problem of mangement and the ownership of the franchise. It shouldnt take longer than 10 to 15 minutes to take someones order, over 30 and the staff standing there laughing about problems is not an excuse.

I've been working at McD's for two weeks now, and you're right, they don't train employees very well. Their training efforts have improved slightly since 2008 from what I've read, but it still doesn't make much difference.

At the one I work at, on most activities, they put you in front of Flash-based computer tutorials that show written steps and give you a three-question multiple-choice quiz, then you go out and try to do it yourself (in exception of front counter, where you can shadow others). That doesn't teach me ***, and the other crew members say that, too. I have to be shown in order to learn instead of told how to do something. Now in my third week, after successfully learning front counter and raising the order-taking speed percentage to 71% from lower than 50% and being taught McCafes, I've been banished to cleaning duties, running drive-thru orders to the rail and reserve spots, and the occasional fries, and when I do get the fry counter, someone steps in front of me and does it.

Yesterday one of my managers said while I was doing a 2-foot tall stack of trays (since I'm kind of slow and a perfectionist (partly due to ADD)), "I tried to put you on something that you're good at, is there anything else you think you might be good at?" They don't even let me train on anything; duh, I'm not good at it!

I typically learn quickly, but not when I'm not shown and am forced to learn to perfection within two weeks. -_- There's another guy who transferred over here after two months who's in the same situation, except the only things he gets to do are the grill and cleaning the grill area.

ID