CitySquares is a scam

CitySquares = CitySquares.com = Pixeflish = Backyard.com = GoBackyard.com = Sightly.com = scam They change their name and their employees every few months. This place is an intentional scam designed to lure small businesses in. They will bill you over and over, while changing account reps (none of which have any record of past promises or processes) so that you never get what you've been promised and you will have to cancel your credit card to get them to stop billing you (because they never will). They seem very competent and professional in the beginning. DO NOT BE FOOLED! Pixeflish = Backyard.com = GoBackyard.com = Citysquares.com = Sightly.com = scam Pixeflish = scam Backyard.com = scam GoBackyard.com = scam Citysquares.com = scam Sightly.com = scam
ID
Des Moines, Iowa
Loss

Sightly.com is a scam

Pixeflish = scam Backyard.com = scam GoBackyard.com = scam Citysquares.com = scam Sightly.com = scam They change their name and their employees every few months. This place is an intentional scam designed to lure small businesses in. They will bill you over and over, while changing account reps (none of which have any record of past promises or processes) so that you never get what you've been promised and you will have to cancel your credit card to get them to stop billing you (because they never will). They seem very competent and professional in the beginning. DO NOT BE FOOLED! Pixeflish = Backyard.com = GoBackyard.com = Citysquares.com = Sightly.com = scam

2 month customer here. All I get for past two or three days is a busy signal.

I left a voice mail with my contact (J. Logback) a week ago and he never returned my call. I stopped my account online 2 days before my billing date yet they went ahead and charged me the $299 anyway. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE at best ...

a total rip-off at worst. Contacted my credit card company and I am getting a full refund ($399 + $299) due to non-performance since their "targeted ads" were not as they promised (no video created either).

Too long to get into the details here but let's just say they did NOT perform as agreed. Credit card company (Chase) has been very helpful in protecting me financially from this company.

#682061

Sightly (formerly PixelFish, Citysquares, Backyard) closed its doors yesterday, and fired all remaining employees. The CEO and COO should be ashamed of what they've done to so many small business owners.

@Former employee

Blown away...Was scheduled to start working for this company. Drove by today only to see what looked like a scene out of boiler room.

Immensely disappointed to see what seemed to be such a promising venture turn into such a disaster. I'm sure Google isn't too happy to have their name involved in such an unfortunate situation.

has to be the greatest scam of all times.

i decided to try them after they had called me every day for a week. $399 plan for 30 days bla,bla,bla.

to make a long story short i started geting calls from people looking for every contracting company in massachusetts except mine. i was geting 7/8 calls a day, meanwhile the tab was running up.

1 guy called me i swear he was asleep while talking to me, that's when the penny dropped with me that this was a setup.

i called their office i believe it was the manager patrick who i dealt with. he was a nice guy.

i told him my story so he changed the campaign wording & keywords.

i stayed on the mobile advertisingfor another day or so and then i dissapeared altogether.

in a 2 week period they had me down for 52 leads, so my $399 was gone in 2 weeks.

the 1st call i got was genuine the rest were trash.

what a terrible service.they really are scam artists and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

i hope the people that work for them can sleep easy at night knowing they are stealing the food out of our childrens mouth.

i would like to meet the ceo in private for 1 hour the ***. :( :( :(

So, some guy calls me up named "Michael" with a distinct Arabic accent. He starts rambling about Sightly.com ( never heard of this company). Tells me about Mobile SEO and the benefits it will have to my company. Hello...Scam alert. Every one with a computer now thinks they can help Small businesses with SEO ( of course at insance fees).

Asks if Id like to speak to his "manager" so since I am having my morning coffee and have half a headache anyway, I say ok.

Another guy with a pronounced Arabic accent gets on the phone. Get this! His name is Kane McIntire. RFLMAO. Yes...I'll say it again. Kane McIntire. LM Friggin AO.

So I listen, and while I am listening Kane, I was browsing info on your site feedback. Ive been running my business for 12 years now. Ive heard every scam in the book. You are a little late to the game, but never have I heard of any Arab trying to pass as a Irishman!!!!!

You guys are going to have to go back to English school to get rid of that accent. Get real, but thanks for the laugh my friend!

WARNING to small business owners. Do not pay more than $150 per month for your SEO work.

BEWARE! This company overpromises and underdelivers.

They hire you as a closer than tell you some openers have quit so you now need to be an opener to help out who knows for how long cold calling even though you weren't hired for that position. A boiler room/military atmosphere similar to stock market at Wall Street all about the sale and not really focusing on customer.

They lie about your starting salary during interview and start you out lower and as a Independent Contractor to reduce any liability. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY......

Elocal Listings = Pepperbottletechnologies = Jhe = Vidgits = Pixeflish = Backyard.com = GoBackyard.com = Citysquares.com = Sightly.com = Appstack = Scam

The works of Todd Johnsen, Jeff Einstoss, Steven Espinosa

They have been at it for years! Its is very sad. They all opperate or used to opperate out of Temecula, CA Look them up

Steven now runs appstack and Todd is the VP of Sales

This guy lies to everyone giving them false hope of eventually haveing a huge payout. You can read about the church of Todd online and his monday morning meetings LMAO or better known as CatMan Todd

They were reasonably priced for the service I received. I actually started getting recognized by locals after my advertising went out. I plan to use them again after the holidays.

@Small business owner

An anonymous post (from the same town even) talking about how great they are. No, that couldn't possibly be someone from the scammer company...

I signed up with this company because they gave me a free month trial. If they brought me new customers I was going to stay with them and keep paying.

I ended up canceling and my card was never charged. I don't know much about the company but they didn't scam me.

View more comments (18)