Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 26, 2022

I have never been contacted or sent a letter or called. I talked to a young guy at Hank Graff and he said that GM extended the warranty on the 6 cylinder transmission but not this one.

Update by user Apr 26, 2022

GM never contacted me or send a letter or called or anything.I just think this company should take some responsibility

Original review posted by user Mar 26, 2022
GM know full well that the 2008-**** Malibu with the 4.liter ecotech has bad waves plates in the transmission. I had a 2010 and I needed to replace the transmission. Recently a friend gave me a 2009 that was his mom's car. it only has 85,000 miles on it and of course the transmission is not shifting or not going into gear. I am going to check on GM extending warranty on this problem. This is way to much money to replace for the average guy.

User's recommendation: These malibu's are not bad cars, but I wouldn't buy a used one unless I knew the transmission was replaced.

ID
Davison, Michigan
Pros
  • Hank graff dealership people are helpful
  • It is not a bad car and there are allot on the road
Cons
  • Transmission faulty and also timing chains
  • Then 700 for tcm
  • Front headlight replacement is not acceptable
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Gardner White Furniture - Gardner-White No Integrity

Update by user Oct 17, 2012

I took Gardner White to small claims court in Lapeer, MI and what a joke that was. We did get some money from the judge.

We spent $3,700 and we got $376.00. Gardner White did not even show up for the oath and swearing in, so the case should of been dismissed, but the judge waited for them to come later.

If the case would have been dismissed we would of got the entire amount.

Gardner White lied to the judge several times and never offered to repair or replace the furniture. They do not care about their company.

Original review posted by user Sep 13, 2012
We came into a little money and wanted to have a great experience buying furniture, since it might be the only time in our lives that we could get the chance, but that did not happen. We spent $3,765.00 and was assured by our sales rep. Tim Mayo that the furniture was quality and made well with wood framing, etc. We had problems with their customer service from day one. We spend countless hours in phone conversations and got nowhere. I now have a bunch of chinese garbage furniture that is a year old that hurts to sit in, is ripped, broken, you name it, it has it. I work part time at Habitat for Humanity and we get used stuff donated that is 40 years old that is better than this ***. We took Gardner White to small claims court in Lapeer, MI and that was a joke. The judge gave us $300 for the scratched TV, but ignored the furniture. Gardner White makes no appologies for how they do business. They disrespected the magistrate showing up and hour late for our hearing. There is way more to this story, but I am so angry that I could scream...

I plan on going to small claims court!

ID