Ascentive - Software has ruined my computer.

The software from Ascentive has destroyed my computer. It did nothing to fix my computer-just gradually shut it down. Now it wont even boot. They did not credit my credit card for a full refund. I need a new hard drive, will have to pay for fixing my computer. Not sure if the fcc should be involved but I'm going to research and find where to complain officially. The ad also said Microsoft partner. I will be letting them know too of this bogus software. I'm not letting this go. I want them to pay for my time and expense.

All it did was infect my system with adware! and i didn't even buy anything from them.

Karla, in order to completely delete Ascentive from your computer: Click on Start, go to Settings, then Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs. Click on Ascentive files and Remove. But be sure to also remove any Performance Center files that are in the Add or Remove Programs.

dear Karla.milligan,do press on, for Ascentive has created problems for all.i managed to get reimbursed for their "SpeedScan" payed by Visa but it's true that i wasn't able to download the product(wrong url!) and anyway didn't feel comfortable about its efficiency.try the FCC and don't give up!

View more comments (2)