AA Animal ER Center - A.A. Animal ER Center

In the early morning hours of 10/20/12, a stray black cat that we were feeding became deathly ill. By his symptoms he seemed he'd been poisoned. this was despicable. we rushed him to the above referenced animal er,located at 36401 us 19 n, palm harbor fl. by the time we arrived, he had passed. we never saw the dr on duty. we weren't allowed back there,for some reason. we left his body there for disposal. we were in shock. the next day we went and got him, to bury him in our backyard, which we thought honored him, as opposed to being sent to a cremation location. the woman at the front desk, whose name is Sharon, literally flicked her hands at us, like we were insects, and when we in the process of trying to ask her a question, she said to us 'I HAVE THINGS TO DO". Really? Your couldn't answer a simple question, Sharon? She was unbelievably rude and insensitive. I will NEVER go to this vet in the future, no matter what. Can't speak about the doctor, never saw her, but Sharon totally lost our future business. I also had called and asked for the owner, Dr. Stanton, to call us and discuss this awful situation, but of course, no call has been forthcoming.
ID
Tampa, Florida

ALANS ROOFING, BROOKSVILLE FL-CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!

Alan's Roofing installed my roof in March 2011. When its windy, the roof makes a booming noise. I received a call from an "Alex" of Alan's Roofing, who supposedly is in charge of "customer service". Alex then said he would charge me $95 if there was nothing wrong with my roof. I am a senior citizen on a very limited income, and cannot afford this charge. It seems to be blackmail money to keep people from being able to hold Alan's Roofing accountable for any problems with their roofs, since no layman knows what is making the noise, and to be held hostage to a potential $95 fee probably keeps many people from having the inspection done, thus letting Alan's Roofing off the hook for for any shoddy work they've done. very nice little scam they have going for themselves.

I wish I could REMOVE my upper post.I contacted this company by e-mail about the responce I had given, they never responded, HMMMMMM. Why doesn't this company (pissed customer) have the option to remove your own post???

If that is indeed true, then that is a dispicable business practice. They don't charge you a dime to come out and "Inspect" your roof then hit you with a 30 min sales pitch. There should be absolutely no trip charge for a post install inpection whether there is an issue or not.

What are they worried about, that every customer will just have them come out to inspect their new roof for fun and waste all their time? Perhaps there is something for them to worry about in genereal?

I was just considering calling them for my roof. I still will but will ask specifically about this policy and $95 potential trip charge. If it is true, then I will not use them.

@OhhWell

It is a good business practice for follow up calls at no cost to existing customers provided it is a roofing issue.I have been out on numerous calls for roof leaks myself.These problems were either,window,sideing,drainage or foundation problems.I have waisted my time,gas and the opportunity to make a profit due to these calls.Believe me,there are a lot of calls like this.Some customers expect us to diagnose the problem for free and call it a roofing issue so they don't have to pay anyone else for advice.That is not fair for us, do you know anyone that will work for free??? Imagine trying to use that concept of not charging in the medical,dental,car mechanic,or any other service related field that was not related to there work. As it is we don't charge for estimates,try getting free estimates on

medical,dental,computer work,home appliances,car dealerships,ect.Make sure it's a roofing issue, therfor you will not be charged.If you are not sure,Call a home inspection company (they also will charge)if you are not happy with the roofing companies costs.

@OhhWell

Do not use them they say they will fix things and call and never do. They did our roof we paid and then they came with over a thousand dollars more.

Contractor came out pulled all the nails out because they were not in studs was suppose to fix it and our gutters. Still waiting.DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS

View more comments (3)