Scanio Movers...don't use them

Scanio Movers was recommended to me by the Apartments where my son would be moving to in NY City from Miami. This apartment was very seletive and assigned a specific date and time for us to use their elevator. Since the apartment was so particular we decided to use their recommended movers "Scanio" to make sure everthing would be ok. The move was planned for the end of June I contacted Scanio in April. They were very friendly on the phone and quoted us the price. We called Scanio almost on a daily basis to determine when they were going to pcik up the furniture and boxes. The closer we got to the moving date the less the returned our calls. Finally about 5 days before the scheduled moving date they called back and said the moving truck would come by within the next 2 or 3 days. When we told them that the furniture had to be in NY within 5 days they told us that there was no way they could deliver by then. On that 11th hour we had to call another company and pay a hefty premium to deliver the furniture to NY. I will never use Scanio again and would not recommend them to anyone.
ID