Verified Reviewer

Frys Electronics - If you get guidance from Fry's, document as much as you can about the employee

Update by user Dec 29, 2019

This was listed as "RESOLVED" 4 minutes after I submitted it. That's Impossible, it would take 5 minutes to read let alone research get my contact info, contact me, et cetera, - they have yet to contact me at all.

Ever, unless they have decided to address this and haven't gotten to me, which isn't RESOLVED, is it? More dishonesty

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2019
Incorrect directions given when I called Las Vegas location, compounded by shameful CSR in store. No responsibility taken by management. Given wrong very incorrect information that could have been much much worse. Date of shameful service: September 2019 I had a laptop for about 2 years, I work out of state and go remote 3-4 months 3x a year so my laptops get worked and last about 3 years. I just use them for watching movies when gone (only entertainment) and internet when off. So this laptop had its cooling fan stop working. I looked online, could be pricey repair I called Fry's here in Las Vegas and the lady i spoke with said they sold 'universal replacements off the shelf", she recommended i remove the one from my laptop &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;amp;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; bring it in for correct match. I was hesitant to take apart my otherwise well working laptop but...I had taken a broken one apart before to remove the HDD. I carefully removed it. Upon arriving at Fry's I was told by the CSR: 1. No! they did not sell laptop replacement cooling fans at all 2. I broke my laptop beyond repair by removing the fan (implied by my lack of being a computer nerd with "years" of relevant experience. 3. I was a fool for doing what I did, and he didn't have time to speak to such a moron as his coworkers were discussing last weekends fun. 4. Since I didn't have the name of who I spoke with, I was probably making it up. Management said I could fill out a complaint form, no apologies at all, I filed the form, never heard back, its been 3 months. I made monthly calls to check status, each time having to explain all. after the first 6 months I got hung up on almost every time. Fry's floor staff have been notorious for bad information since 1998 when I used to frequent the South Bay, CA store, more than once I asked an employee where a certain sale product I had in hand was as I wanted more, and was told, "we are out" the employee was within 10 feet of the promo display... with stacks of same product. But this goes far beyond that, I was instructed by a store rep to do something then was insulted for doing that and no merchant accountability. As for my laptop, they do carry a few tower replacement fans, i got one that was similar in size w/ same plug, put in the laptop & wouldn't you know, IT WORKED FINE!!!! I did get a new one - NOT at Fry's - i was unable to secure the fan to the mother board, but the laptop did work until I gave it to a friend who still uses it! Date of shameful service: September 2019 PRODUCT PURCHASED: ADDRESS OF STORE: 6845 Las Vegas Blvd S Las Vegas, NV 89119-**** INVOICE NO: Consumer's Desired Resolution: Would have been happy then with a simple apology from management - PERHAPS an offer of discount towards a new laptop. As no accountability was taken & the only recourse I had was to submit a complaint form, the same would have been sufficient 30-90 days later. However, I was never contacted as promised by Fry's resolution team despite resubmitting my complaint twice 30 & 60 days later, no interest from management in store upon my return for guidance, I don't know what Fry's could do to resolve this. I'm not looking for a free handout but I was treated like I do not matter / am foolish / not worth their time / and ultimately ignored through no fault of mine and by following their procedure. The entire incident is unacceptable. Unresolved I also filed a complaint with the local Better Business BooHoo which decided to file it as "information only" not a real complaint. Since BBB started hiring soley from Group Homes for Special Needs orphans, their weight and credibility have become a bad joke.

they are rude and confussing

ID
Las Vegas, Nevada
Service
Frys Electronics Customer Care
Pros
  • Large selection of imported recycled plastic do dahs
Cons
  • Management does not care about singular customers
  • When asking these workers specific information
  • 7 or 8 employees are completely unfamiliar with merchandise
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
An apology and a gift certificate for $125 part of my loss

Verified Reviewer

Listcrawler - If you are redirected to Eros....

it happened to me twice..... If you are redirected to eros, it means for some reason they suspended your account, Its frustrating cause they don't tell you , and then when you do find out , you have no way of knowing why, probably a comment or review that someone didn't like and complained about, and you were probably right but I guess List Crawler only wants good reviews. not true reviews, Happened to me a few months ago, created new profile and used diff web browser, it just happened again!! I didn't review anyone bad or leave comments. ...frustrating So yes, Listcrawler WAS my choice site too Libut with all the bs with that and the out of control fake ads being slammed in with the real ones, I am looking for a new site.

Yep. Probably the best route to take. LC basically stands for Load of Crap

Happened to me to, very wired. I liked the comment area because it helped to avoid bad providers and scams. Tried to reach out to customer service but got no response.

Happened to me too and I posted a good review too

View more comments (2)
ID
Pros
  • User friendly fast and accurate
Cons
  • Getting suspended and not even knowing it
Reason of review
getting suspended without a chance to defend or question reasons
Preferred solution
if someone posts something bad, a warning,