Fabulous Persian Cattery - Selling sick kittens

Update by user Jul 20, 2012

I have since been able to contact Karin and she assures me that the pair she bred that produced the male I received is no longer being bred, as the female has been spayed. She also assured me that with the medical records I sent she would make sure the male does not have genetic heart issues.

I am grateful she has chosen to address the issue. I hope all future litters are healthy.

Original review posted by user Jul 20, 2012
I purchased a 12 week old kitten in January of this year. I had to euthenize him yesterday July 19th. He was only 9 months old. He had a congenital heart defect which brought on cardiomyopothy and fluid build up around his heart. This occured over a very short period of time and I saw this small kitten go through something no one should ever have to witness. This death was because of poor breeding practices. Karin says she is CFA associated. If so, this gives the whole organization a very BAD name. She should NOT be allowed to breed and sell sick animals EVER AGAIN! DO NOT get your next pet from her or you risk not seeing them live very long. I just can't believe how sad and angry this makes me. He was such a wonderful kitten and gave me so much joy even if it was only for a very short while. I will miss him deeply.
ID