VueScan - Hamrick Software - Dishonest - Buyer Beware!

I was working on a family project and had to quickly scan a lot of pictures into digital files to put together a slideshow. After a quick internet search I found a product called VueScan at http://www.hamrick.com/. The site stated that VueScan is an easy-to-use replacement for the software that came with your scanner and supports over 1850 different flatbed scanners, printer/scanners and film scanners. I purchased the software and when I installed and tried to use it I got the following error message: "No scanners were found connected to your computer, and no raw scan files were found." I checked http://www.hamrick.comSupport page (which consisted only of a one page FAQ) and found in their FAQs that software does not even work with my scanner! This is disappointing as I even listed the type of scanner on their order form. If they don't support my scanner they should not have processed the purchase. I work for a large Software company and used my work email to write to Ed Hamrick of VueScan explaining the issue requesting a refund. Ed Hamrick of Hamrick Software refused to give me a refund because he said he had a dispute 30 years ago with the company I now work for. In his email he stated in effect that he was happy to have the opportunity to rip me off. This guy is a *** and a rip-off. Anyone who does business with him or his company, Hamrick Software, deserves what they get.
#1994318

I am considering the possibility of legal actions, concerning the Vuescan or making video about its practice. So please put here a screenshot of your Vuescan log file.

Or simply write, which models or model of scanner did have that time and how many devices were there. Regards, Alex Terkinov

Hamrick has a list of supported scanners, which you obviously found. And you found that your scannaer was not included.

The question is: why didn't you look through that list before purchasing? Do you frequently make ***-nilly purchases without due diligence?

View more comments (1)