USAA - I should have known better!

I was foolish to work with USAA for a mortgage, despite the fact that I have had at least one prior mortgage with them, one refi of my current mortgage, and about 25 years of being a customer, this was the worst mortgage refinance experience that I have ever had. I have good credit, investments, retirement accounts, etc, etc. While USAA makes the application process easy, their handling of the application, (after they have taken your application fee) is bumbling, slow, frustrating and ultimately resulted in our giving up on the process, sacrificing the application fee, and working with a local bank instead. Throughout the process they hid behind the "the government made me do it" excuse to explain the delays and my frustration. My Advice. DONT APPLY!

Based on the lack of reaction, it does not appear that anyone is having the same problem. Must be my cologne.

USAA never budged.

I cancelled everything with them at a cost of 350.00 and I went with a local bank, which has closed the whole shooting match in less than 30 days. Wow.

USAA never budged.