Gimme Shelter Roofing - Hide from Gimme Shelter!

Don't let them sweet talk you into a contract. They did a classic 'bait and switch' on me. I signed their initial contract allowing them to work with the insurance company. Once the insurance agent showed up, it was a whole different story. They didn't seem to really know how to talk to the agent and got him mad and then he didn't allow a claim. Gimme Shelter then did a fancy dance to blame everything on the insurance agent and threatened me to have to pay them a fee just for meeting the agent. They threatened me and tricked me into getting a roof that I didn't really need and didn't want to have to pay for. The work seemed OK after all but they took some short cuts which were pointed out to me by others afterward.

really can't recommend them - I had trouble getting everything done right and cleanup was a nightmare

Why do roofers have such a bad reputation? Just wondering?

A roofer tried to get me to put a new roof on my trailer home for $10,000.00 Anyway, the trailer was a 24x 48 doublewide. the trailer wasn't even worth 10k.

Anyway, is 10k an average price for a roof for a trailer that size? :?

Why do roofers have such a bad reputation? Just wondering?

Anyway, is 10k an average price for a roof for a trailer that size? :?

Yes, I met the owner, Michael Athas - what an arrogant ***

Don't sign an open contract with these liars!

They also have a complaint on Bbb

Too bad

This is that bad contractor

I also have heard complaints.

This company is getting lots of bad reviews.

View more comments (9)