USAA doesn't help if Government is involved

What has happend to USAA? In the past year USAA has washed their hands twice when a Government was at fault. Last year a Austin Parks Vehicle ejected rocks denting my two week old car. the employee to me and his boss it was his fault. USAA would not handle the claim unless I filed against comprehensive and paid 500 otherwise I had to work directly with the City of Austin Law dept directly. They would not help... The City of Austin put so many barriers in place it became counter productive to even file the minor claim. Guilty until proven inoccent Recently a Postal truck hit my 74 year old mothers car parked in front of the house. They admitted guilt since the car was parked and no one was in it. Again USAA washed their hands of the process, they required a 74 year old Grandmother to take on the USPS. Well she did and they issued the check all be it to the wrong person. Upon taking the car in additional damage was found and they have underpaid. Hence they were under insured and require the entire process be done again. With most insurance companies they pay the body shop for any overage but not the US government. USAA says they are the government and "cannot be under insured" Again washing their hands of situation saying if we had elected to pay more for our insurance it would not be a problem. Collision, Comprehensive, not deductable. What has become of an organization that was developed to protect the USAs millitary men and their families? Have they become just another insurance company? I have spent the last twenty five years with them paying more than I should have because I felt they would take care of me when I needed them. Well it appears they are no better than anyone else and they wash their hands when you really need to be defended.
ID