AAL AIR SERVICES - A.S.A.P. AIR DUCT SERVICES - DIRTY DUCTS - BEWARE - DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE

Update by user Sep 10, 2012

The serious part of this matter is that I have contacted the contractor state license board to report this company with the State Wide Investigative Fraud Division. At this point, I have not yet received a phone call. I will also this company to the BBB. This company needs to be shut down. No address of any kind listed on the website. They advertise on Val Pak and Money mailers and most likely scam whoever they can.

Asbestos removal requires license - insulation replacement requires license.

I won\'t quit on this matter until something happens to this company.

Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2012
On August 20, 2012, after searching the internet - I called A.S.A.P. Air Ducts services at 888 448-**** with reference to a dryer vent cleaning. I spoke with a man by the name of Tom, who is obviously the owner of this company. I asked about the dryer vent cleaning and also informed him that something went into the hose and needed to be removed. Tom quoted me $59.95 for the dryer vent cleaning. I have seen some companies that only ask for $49.95 for dryer vent cleaning. I made the appointment on August 20, 2012. 2 people showed up with a van. No company name on the van. They came into the small laundry room and then informed me that it would cost me $259 for the dryer vent cleaning and $129 for a hose. This was a very simple dryer vent cleaning - that I found from a company yesterday that I could have done this job by myself. I was absolutely stunned at the the prices, because my Whirlpool Estate Dryer cost $350 six or seven years and to spend this kind of money was outrageous. The dryer is right next to the outside vent where the cover open outside on the wall. I told the the technician that I cannot afford this kind of money and I was quoted $59.95 and was ready to send them out the door. The technician called the ASAP and then turned the phone over to me. I could barely understand what the man said, who was the same person I initially spoke with - TOM. Next, the technician, Ron asked me what could I afford. I went to make a call and came back. I should have just gotten rid of these people to begin with. I came back and said $150 and they said okay. I am a senior and that is probably why the price went up - to take me for a fool. I was extremely upset about all this -I told the technician that I am retired and cannot afford excessive prices. The technician and his worker brought in a small size vacuum cleaner and basically all they did is remove the hose and vacuumed the hole in the back and put some disinfectant - nothing was taken apart and then a brush was used to clean the top. Whatever was inside the hose was removed and the technician said it was crushed. A new hose was installed. The cost of a new hose is $13.97 at Lowes. Then I asked the technician to do something with the outside vent so that nothing could crawl in. He charged another $25 and I ended up with a $175 bill. After they left, I realized that I was definitely taken for a ride with charging this kind of money. I called a couple of other companies and one company $59.95 up to 10 ft. from the wall. I have checked out A.S.A.P Air Duct Services, Dirty Ducts Air Duct Cleaning, AAL Air Services - no name on the Contractors State License Board website, no information about this company anywhere. The do air duct HVAC Services, Insulation, Asbestos Removal - and where is the proper information about this company. I normally do not use the services of a company unless I fully check them out and unfortunately, I didn't properly check them out. Unless this Tom operates strictly under his name, AAL Services or A.S.A.P. nowhere to be found. It was requested that I write the check to AAL Air Services. Who is that company?. The invoice does not show an address only 877-807-**** - email address - dirtyducts@***.com dirtyductsca.com, asapairduct.com, dustbustersca.com - what are all these website addresses and email address about. I wrote an email to TOM and requested a refund of $85 and no reply or phone call came. I called his 800 number and asked him if he read my email. His reply was "no." He said he would call me back after he read the email. Nothing. I wrote him again yesterday and indicated that this was my final email. He still did not call him back. Under A.S.A.P. Air Duct Services - he advertises Asbestos Removal - that requires certification and has to be reported if asbestos is present. He also does insulation. Anything over $500 requires a license from the State Contractors State License Board. There is nothing on the website that indicates that there is a license of any type required in the State of California At the end of my phone conversation with him, he says: "GOD BLESS YOU." If he believes in God, how on earth he does this to this people - especially "SENIORS." READ MY LIPS - NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN, BECAUSE THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS. I CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE AIR DUCTS CLEANING SERVICES - HOW THEY TAKE PEOPLE TO THE CLEANERS. I hope this complaints ends up right next to his website - like I told it would - and will affect his business. He also does mail outs in coupons here in Los Angeles. HE ADVERTISES WITH MONEY MAILER COUPONS: TOP AIR DUCT CLEANING - $25.99 - Includes: Unlimited Openings Cleaned (bologna) Free Sanitizing, Free Register Cleaning, Certified Technicians, Written Estimate, etc. 20% Senior , Expectant Mother, Military Personnel. Call Now! 877-878-**** - apparently there are multiple 800 numbers. AM PRETTY SURE IT IS THE SAME MAN - I SPOKE WITH HIM YESTERDAY AND THEN REALIZED THAT IT IS THE SAME PERSON SAME VOICE. I believe that any business person that scams people out of their monies will eventually catch up with that person and will go down. If there is something that I cannot stomach is getting ripped off. I hope that Pissed off Consumer makes sure that this vital information gets to as many consumers on the internet as possible.

I don't think the company is shut down. No websites, but EZ Air Care (if it really is affiliated with asap air) at least is still in business.

How do I know? Heard from a friend.

They struck again. If only I found this site sooner to warn those around me.

#619016

I believe that this company is now out of business. The website is down and the phone numbers have been disconnected.

This company should have been shut down a long time ago.

Thank you to the authorities - things finally caught up with them. They cheated so many people. :grin :roll :(

EZ Air Care Benny came to house said I needed a new dryer duct for $1100.00 or $400.00 for duct cleaning.

"God Bless You" Tom must say that when you make an appointment because you will need it with this shameless, criminal outfit.

@lulu

EZ Air Care (877)470-**** same as AAL Air Services, Top Air, ASAP Air Duct Cleaning, Dirty Ducts and the story continues. Same outfit - they advertise in the money mailer and I do hope others check them out, because they will rip off anyone who comes their way. I don't see any further ads for Top Air dba Aal Air Services

The Contractors Board or any other entity needs to put these people out of business. Rip off artists.

DO NOT DO ANY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL CRY AFTER YOUR MONEY :cry :( :roll

Here are some of the telephone numbers that AAL Air Services dba Top Air, Asap air duct cleaning, EZ Air Care (cannot locate the phone number under this name), dirtyducts and who knows how many more names are out there.

(877) 807-****

(855) 228-****

(877) 878-****

(909) 247-****

(310) 880-****

(888) 448-****

Tried calling (310) 880-**** - no answer - apparently the person named Tom - is no longer using that phone line.

(888) 448-**** no longer answering. The 909 number said "thank you for calling air duct services - please leave your name and number, etc.

EVERYBODY WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF OR ABOUT TO GET RIPPED OFF REPORT THIS COMPANY EVERYWHERE AND HELP SHUT THIS TOM AND BENNY DOWN.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION. I BELIEVE THAT THINGS ARE ADDING UP AND HE WILL GO DOWN WITH HIS BUSINESS NOW.

Great tips. very well-written, keyword-oriented and incredibly useful.

its really interesting to many readers. I really appreciate this, thanks

Plastic Ducting

@Plastic Ducting

How many more people will be ripped off by ASAP Air Duct Cleaning, Ez Care Air, Dirty Ducts, Tom and Benny etc., before this company is shut down.

TOM, CLOSE YOUR BUSINESS NOW.

Looks like this ASAP Air Duct Cleaning - AAL Air Services managed to rip off another consumer.

AGAIN BEWARE - DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE - CHECK PRICES AND THE COMPANY YOU DEAL WITH - TAKE NAMES DOWN BEFORE YOU USE THE SERVICES OF ANY OTHER COMPANY.

This business needs to be shut down.

View more comments (8)