Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 08, 2020

UPDATE! Travelsmart continues to not respond to our messages.

We have now once again had another company reach out to us posing as Travelsmart and they have our credit Card number and membership number. I have once again contacted Travel smart and await a reply. I have sent TS the documentation showing that this has happened again. TRAVELSMART how does yet another company have our credit card number, membership number etc.

Etc.?? We have been waiting for a very long time to get a response and this clearly shows you do not care about your clients and continue to sell or give out our personal information.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2019
My husband and I purchased our travel smart membership in January 2019 while visiting Punta cana. Two months later, we upgraded our membership. We were very happy with our membership and service until now. We received an email and phone call from travel smart asking us to pay the remaining balance of our membership. If we did so, we would save 5%. We thought it would be beneficial to do this to save that extra money and not have our $400 monthly payment to worry about. We paid our remaking balance of $28,000 and change. Last week I emailed our rep from travel smart to inquire to ensure they received our full payment. Turns out, this was all a scam. Somehow, other companies have all of our information including our membership number and details along with our names, phone number and emails. We are out over $28k. I messaged travelsmart this morning and was told that its been happening to many companies including travel smart. Now if TS knew about this why were their members not contacted? Why was nothing posted to their FB page or webpage? How are other people getting a hold of our personal information? I am disgusted with how we are being treated. WE are the ones out a lot of money and they could care less.

Update: spoke to a lady from TS concierge who stated that TS takes no responsibility for our membership number, names, phone numbers, address and personal emails being available to the fraudsters who have our $28,000. Travel smart claims they have investigated it and it’s not their fault- that somehow magically our personal information got into a scammers hands by Facebook or another online search.

I am not sure how someone could retrieve our private information such as our travel smart account number through anywhere except on travel smarts end. Travel smart doesn’t give a crap about what their so called family is going through and will not help us one bit! A multi million dollar company, we are just a dollar sign to travel smart and have been 100% taken advantage of. Our membership is completely useless to us now as we do not have any money left to travel after getting scammed.

Do not trust travel smart if your life depends on it. They made themselves out to be people who truly care when frankly they don’t care as long as they keep getting their new members and money.

Thanks travelsmart. Unfortunately the nice lady from concierge explained that we were victim of a scam however cannot explain just how other people are getting our personal information. Why cannot management contact us?

What you are stating is untrue. We have sent numerous messages directly to travel smart and our messages are not being returned.

We can however see that travel smart has read our messages but have only received one reply to our very first message. I will go back and if I can attach the messages I have sent without replies. As for an email being sent out to your clients regarding this matter, neither myself or my husband have received an email from travel smart at anytime. What you are stating is untrue.

I believe you are only replying to this post In order for Travelsmart to not look bad. I would greatly appreciate if someone would contact us directly.

Like I already mentioned, we have sent 3 messages and have yet to receive a reply back via your messenger on FB. We can see that our messages have been read.

@Tracy S Sqt

Hi Tracy, Please feel free to log in to the member access section of our website where the header section is our privacy policy and guarantees, as we mentioned there is also the link to the frequently asked questions regarding the incident. The email campaigns were sent out to all members at the principal email address registered to your account at the time of purchase. As we're sure you can appreciate, for security reasons, facebook messenger is not used for addressing situations of a sensitive nature and we are able to see that you have been in contact with our resort team via email but by all means, we will have them reach out to you once again in order to continue assisting you.

@TravelSmartVIP

Hello Travel Smart. Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have been in contact with the one person at the resort where we upgraded our membership, however we are not receiving any information other than there is an investigation. I had written a detailed message to Claudia at the resort and asked for it to be forwarded to management. I do not know if this has happened. I have also reached out through email to travel smart twice now and have not received a reply.

A few of the questions are in regards to this latest post from you stating the an email was sent out to the primary email of all of your members regarding these incidents. Like I’ve said, neither my husband or myself have received such emails and would appreciate a copy sent to us via email. I have also asked I do regarding the FQA’s because I cannot find any option on our tablet while logged into travelsmart where there are FAQ’s that mention this incident/ I am hoping for help to find this information, nobody has gotten back in touch with us (your auto-reply states usually within a few hours- it’s been a couple of days now and still no reply. I have tried to speak with management, however they were of course unavailable so I was told to email.

As I’m sure as a working man, you can appreciate that $28,000 could potentially be a personas yearly salary and this was money we didn’t have just laying around to give away. It seems that Travel Smart has no problem replying on here, but will not speak personally via phone or email (besides for what little I’ve heard from Claudia) although we think the world of Miss Claudia, and she does an exceptional job with her clients, it is management that we would like to speak with but this seems to keep being avoided. We are trying to be very patient- but know knowing what is going on, not hearing back after many messages and now emails have been sent is not satisfactory for us. We are members of your company.

We invested just under $40,000 and deserve to speak with someone who may be able to ease our minds a least a little bit. I would appreciate if you could confirm that my email that I sent to Claudia last week was forwarded to management as well That our other two emails send on Wednesday have been received. As stated above, we would like to have this letter emailed out to ous for our records as well as where we can find these FAQ’s in regards to this incident on your members page. If you prefer not to contact us, and this is how you want to continue though a posting group about unhappy costumers, I can certainly continue.

If you could fulfill our request and reach out to us privately, I truly believe it will be in the best interest for both of us. - waiting for your email or call

Good Afternoon Tracy, Once again we're very concerned to hear about your situation and we appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention. We must clarify that several communications were sent out to our members, and information regarding the situation is readily available on our website including our privacy policies to safeguard all payment information as well as details of the only official payment options and accounts. As this situation was reported directly to our service team and you have been and continue to be in direct contact with our agents; they will continue to assist you directly regarding this matter.

@TravelSmartVIP

What you are staying is untrue. We have sent numerous messages directly to travel smart and our messages are not being returned.

@TravelSmartVIP

I’m a travelsmart VIP member and know that what TS is saying is all lies. I haven’t got any notice that there’s a scam going on.

Thanks TS for letting your members know they’re at risk. Not the company I thought u were.

@Anonymous

Hi Anonymous, As we mentioned above, please feel free to log in to the members' access section of our website to verify all the information detailed above. If you could provide us with your member ID or contract number we will gladly assist you further.

View more comments (8)
ID
Service
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Pros
  • Beautiful resorts
Cons
  • Giving out our personal information
Reason of review
Lost money
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution