Smashing Resumes - blows off customers completely

I bought a groupon for Smashing Resumes ($75 for supposedly a $180 value) which was the worst thing I ever did to save money. I uploaded the information and it's been 3 1/2 weeks and I still have not received my resume and cover letter. I have called them several times but you only get a recording. I have emailed them and gotten standard responses. I have gone to the website and chatted with people that are supposedly human. I have complained to groupon. I still have not gotten my resume. Nobody should invest their money with this company. Nobody!

Hi Its SA again....I did contacted Smashing Resumes via their website on the delay and I received immediate response along with a draft of my resume.

I am quite pleased with the resume and cover letter. I am one happy customer of theirs now :)

It’s been 3 weeks and no resume nor cover letter yet... I have doubts that they will just change the font size and send me back my original resume. I should have known better :(

you get what you paid for is so TRUE in this case!

I had a very similar experience using the groupon deal! They never picked up the phone or responded to my questions I sent through their website portal.

After 12 days and the aforementioned website portal inquiry, they finally sent me a slap dash version that looked very similar to what I had submitted (they had not even personalized the objective with the job title I had submitted along with the resume)AND the job I had hoped to apply for was removed by the time they responded to me. I have asked for a refund from groupon, we'll see what happens.

This company seems to be a bunch of high school or college kids with integrity who are just trying to make a few bucks by doing nothing. BEWARE, DO NOT USE SMASHINGRESUMES.COM

View more comments (2)