Master Tech Service Corp - DONT USE MASTERTECH SERVICE CORP for your A/C repair

They sent a Tech to replace the fan motor in the A/C unit outside. This Tech improperly installed the motor which caused extreme wobbling with the unit. He also left wires exposed on the top of the unit, which has created a very dangerous situation. MasterTech has refused to send ANOTHER tech to do the job RIGHT without saying I have to pay a $75.00 service fee (outside the warranty) and $114.00 for it being "after hours" I told them that I already took off work in order to be home, and to expect me to do that again, was just plain wrong. I told them they can come to my home between 4:00 - 6:00 pm, and they keep insisting I have to pay the extra money. Why is this MY FAULT when their Tech did it wrong in the first place? They are deliberately dragging this out and blaming the Warranty Company for what MASTERTECH DID WRONG?

UPDATE:

The warranty company sent a 4th service provider. This provider discovered the reason the unit was vibrating so badly, was because the fan blade was broken.

I am quite sure the installer knew it was broken because HE did it! He tried to sell me an entire new unit bypassing the warranty company. The 4th service provider didn't want to work on the unit due to the damage, so the warranty company had me hire my own service provider. The 5th service provider not only replaced the broken fan blade, he discovered the motor was not installed correctly.

He referred the guy as an "***" and said he in all the years he has been an A/C Tech, he has never seen such a bad install. The blade was in the wrong position, and since this was a universal motor, the screw posts weren't removed so the fan blade could be in the right position. The "***" also didn't put the proper washers on the mounting bolts, the motor would hav fallen through. Master Tech claimed I wasn't their customer because I didn't give them any money, yet I was sent an invoice with the incompetent tech's name on it.

I also have email from them. They did nothing but tell the Better Business Bureau, and the Warranty company blatant lies. The Warranty company reimbursed me for the $226.73 I had to spend to get my A/C unit in proper working order. As for Master Tech resolving this?

No they did not. I filed a complaint with the State of Texas against their license because the exposed wires the "***" put on the outside of the unit, presented a very dangerous situation. Because of the wires (using quick plugs) were on the outside of the unit, the constant vibration would have worn causing them to touch the metal. Any one walking by, even me, could touch that unit and be electrocuted.

Master Tech didn't care. I have documented proof on everything.

Service
Master Tech Service Corp Air Conditioner Repair
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Resolved: DON'T USE CLOUD ROOFING!!

Update by user Sep 29, 2017

I sincerely thought I updated this. I was able to work things out with Cloud Roofing . The complaint is considered closed

Update by user Feb 21, 2016

Cloud Roofing told the BBB that I was a bully and basically, lying bout them. I took pictures of what they did to my gutters.

In order to install the drip edge, the gutters had to be detached. They drilled through the drip edge to re-attach the gutters. Since they insisted they didn't touch the gutters, it means the fraudulently charged the insurance company to replace the drip edge. Since there are so many holes in the gutters, they will need to be replaced.

So instead of it costing $250.00 to re-hang them, it is going to cost over $600.00 to replace them. I had to reach out to an attorney for assistance.

I am still waiting on this. I will update more later.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2016
I hired Cloud Roofing because my agent at State Farm referred them. I has been nothing but a nightmare! They took my satellite dish off the roof, and took it with them. They claimed that since I didn't want it put back, that it was ok to take it. The insurance paid them to remove and reinstall the dish, yet they took it. They didn't properly install the new roof turbines. They put a total of 9 (roof only has two), because they were making a lot of noise at night when the wind blew. I lost a lot of sleep from the noise. They told me if I still had problems, to contact the manufacturer. I contacted the Lomanco Rep, and he came to my home. We went into the attic and he showed me that the reason the turbines were making the noise is, the roofers didn't properly install the BASE. There weren't enough screws in them to keep them from flopping up and down. I had to call them back out to re-attach the gutters over the garage because it was not correctly attached. Now, when it rains, water gets in my garage. NOT acceptable. When I talked to Steve Cantrell, with Cloud Roofing, and told him my gutters weren't right, he said I had to contact the original installers. I did that, and they want over $600.00 to put them in right.. I got estimates from other vendors that will charge less than $250.00. I asked Steve Cantrell repeatedly for the name and company of who he had reinstall my gutters, etc. and he refused. This tells me he was using untrained/unlicensed labor. DO NOT USE CLOUD ROOFING!

I have worked everything out with Cloud Roofing. Consider this issue resolved and closed.

Resolved
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Candrell Car Care - Candrell Care Care is a RIPOFF

Update by user Dec 18, 2014

This was not ever resolved. I have had my oil changed a few times since I have been to Candrell's, and neither one of them found an oil leak, WHICH PROVES they tried to SCAM ME by stating my gasket was leaking. Pathetic liars!

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2014
Candrell's Car Care is a fraud! They told me that my serpentine belt was cracked, and needed immediate replacing. They also said that the valve cover gasket was leaking. I replaced the belt out of fear of being stranded on the side of the road, and couldnt risk having my car severely damaged if it broke. I waited on replacing the gasket. This was over two months ago. I never saw oil on my driveway or where I park at work, nor did I EVER smell burning oil. I also checked the oil level,and it was the same. I took my car to the dealer to have some recall work on it, and had them check the alleged leaking gasket, and THEY FOUND NOTHING! The dealership of ALL repair places would certainly find something (if it existed), so they can get that money, but they didnt! Candrell's is a RIPOFF and you should NOT use them. Now I dont know if my serpentine belt actually needed replacing after they tried to cheat me by stating that I needed to replace the gasket. That was a $130.00 mistake! They also promised a discount (got it in writing) , and they didnt honor it because I didnt have all of the fraudulent work done. I have now had the alleged oil leak checked 3 times, and one was not ever found! No oil on the ground in my garage, or where I park at work. Oil level doesnt ever go down between oil changes, no burning smell... NOTHING! The Candrell Tech is either a blatant liar, or incredibly incompetent. There can be NO other way! Think twice before you use them!

DECEPTICONS at MASSAGEO

Update by user Jul 08, 2014

I received a full refund, only after I had my attorney send them a letter of demand. They cannot claim that it treats anything! They are registered with the FDA, but only as a device that works with muscles, NOTHING ELSE!

Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2014
I purchased a massager from this vendor at Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas on Friday, March 14. When I used it the next day, it triggered my Vertigo. I went back to the vendor on Sunday, March 15, and they refused to refund my money. FACT: There was NO sign posted stating NO REFUNDS. Saafi didnt put it out the day I was there. I have a WITNESS!! FACT: Saafi didnt let me see the receipt, he folded it and put it in the bag so that I couldnt see the No Refund Statement. There was no statement on the receipt that I signed stating No Refunds, and Saafi never spoke about it either. I didnt look at the receipt because I got a notification on my cell phone showing they charged the correct amount. FACT: FEDERAL LAW Says if I am not satisfied with a product, I can return it for a FULL REFUND!! FACT: If I saw there was no refunds, I would have NOT purchased the product. FACT: Saafi REFUSED to let me see the receipt that I signed stating the alleged No Refund Policy. FACT: There is NOTHING in writing around the kiosk or on the receipt that there is a re-stocking fee of 25%. They made this up. FACT: Saafi claimed that the massageo treated Vertigo. THAT IS ILLEGAL to make this claim. I HAVE A WITNESS!! FACT: I have driven over 60 miles to resolve this, and it isnt fair to me to keep spending money to get my money back from this fraudulent company! FACT: I have an email from the vendor stating I can get a refund, and now they say I cant?

I just want to ask, what intelligent individual would think a muscle massager would treat vertigo?

@Anonymous

I didn't purchase it to "treat vertigo", but that is what they were claiming it would do, and I knew that was false. It TRIGGERED my vertigo.

View more comments (1)
Grapevine, Texas
Loss

CARENOW has INCOMPETENT DOCTORS!

Update by user Jul 26, 2012

I have made a multitude of attempts over the course of 2-3 weeks to get this situation resolved, and CARE NOW Continues to dismiss me. The BBB couldnt help, so the next step is an attorney.

It doesnt cost me to have my attorney send them a letter.

Someone needs to put them in their place. I see the countless horror stories posted about this pathetic company, and someone needs to stop them.

Original review posted by user Jun 25, 2012
Think twice before going to this location of CareNow. They should change the name to CareLESS because that is exactly the sort of treatment we received. I took my nephew to this location because he was spitting up blood and couldn't swallow. The Dr. Spent 5 minutes with him, then I was charged $121.00. I told Dr. Singh that my nephew didn't have insurance , and that I was going to struggle paying for medication and if they had any free samples. Dr. Singh stated that Walmart had $4.00 prescriptions, and that he called them to verify it. Well he may have verified the prescriptions were $4.00, but that is ONLY had he WRITTEN the Rx correctly! He wrote the Rx for 500 MG of Penicillin instead of 250 MG. The 250 MG is $4.00, the 500 MG was nearly $20.00. The total prescriptions should have come to a total of $16.00, but I had to pay over $52.00!! Their screw up cost me not only money I didn't have, but it took us nearly 2 hours to get the Rx because Dr. Singh wrote the OTHER Rx incorrectly, causing a major delay. The Pharmacist caught the error and had to spend time to call this *** to get it corrected. My nephew suffered needlessly due to Dr. Singh's gross negligence. I have tried for over three weeks to get this resolved and CareNow refuses to talk to me about it claiming HIPAA Laws, when I was the one who paid for the treatment. I was only asking for my money back, and since they feel it make them bankrupt if they do, they give me no other choice than to take the appropriate action.

So your main complaint is having to wait for 2 hours to fill a Rx because the doc wrote the dosage to what he wanted the patient to take and not to what would cost you the least amount of money? Sounds like someone needs to relax a bit.

They are correct about the HIPAA laws, unless your nephew is under 18 and your his guardian he has to have something in writting allowing them to discuss his care with you. The fact that you paid for the visit is irrelivent.

Plano, Texas