Pet Station neglects animals!

I went to purchase a water bottle for my rabbit and the building was so hot and muggy. The puppies were crammed in a small room with no ventilation and they were panting hard. The room was the size of a small bathroom. The cages were so small that the puppies couldn't even move. They had no toys, food, and empty water bottles. I saw a kitten that was panting and they fed the kittens adult cat food which hurts their little digestive system. The hamsters and other small animals were crammed in one aquarium. Syrian hamsters are solitary animals and 14 of them crammed in one aquarium plus mating after mating. I rescue my little Honey and she was the sweetest thing. Had her for 2 years. Passed away:( April 12, 2012 the store got raided and animals were removed. Don't buy at pet shops!!!
ID
Livonia, Michigan

Petsmart - Dead Hamster

I purchased a long haired Syrian hamster (male) he was so precious. I had him fr 2 weeks and if I touched him, his skin would actually tear. The skin was thin as tissue. He eventually died before I got vet help. Thanks petsmart for selling me a sick dead hamster that I only had for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! I am going to call and *** them out because I only had him for 2 weeks. He was only 2 months old, I had hamsters and none of them were like this. Bad breeders and bad company! Never returning ever again! Gr

That's why petsmart has a 14 day return on pets. You should have taken it back.

****

I'm so sorry about your hamster. It's unfortunate, but some vets do not treat exotic pets and some do not even have experience with small pets and rodents, and even if they do, you have to be sure they've treated hamsters and not just mice.

I'm sure you did what you could do in explaining the situation. I am sorry for what happened. It was possibly a skin allergy of some sort, I dunno.

Best you can do is call around different vets in your area, see which ones handle emergency calls and hamsters before you are ready to find another little one. I wish you all the best, they are adorable and fun creatures.

I'm so sorry about your hamster. It's unfortunate, but some vets do not treat exotic pets and some do not even have experience with small pets and rodents, and even if they do, you have to be sure they've treated hamsters and not just mice before.

I LOVE MY ANIMALS SO *** OFF

I LOVE MY ANIMALS SO *** OFF

Sounds like u waited too long to seek veterinary attention. This should have been done the day you noticed a problem, might have saved its life

I made an appointment you idiots! He died in the middle of the night. I don't have 24 hour vets retards

You should have taken the poor helpless creature to the vet. YOU allowed it to suffer and it died because of YOU not Petsmart!!!

If it was sick when you got it, you would not have bought it so it got sick afterwards and it is your responsibility to care for it. Don't get any other pets, you are not a responsible pet owner!!

@SB