Verified Reviewer

Uber - NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Update by user Nov 30, 2019

I just called all three numbers offered to resolve my issue. Customer service is the same number as the critical response line and has nobody to answer.

The number for headquarters has been disconnected.

If this doesn’t tell you something about a company, I don’t know what does! Terrible!!!

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2019
Oct 2019 I attempted to use Uber and see I’m blocked for a charge that just appeared from Sept 23, 2018. This charge doesn’t even show up in my trips and just appeared for $42.06. Uber demands I pay this to unblock the account. However this isn’t my charge. I’ve spent 6 weeks in worthless aggravating conversations with people who don’t listen or care. This charge is in the Bay Area which i haven’t been to in a decade and on the date in question, I was in Nevada. Out of state with all my devices. I have offered proof but Uber doesn’t care. There aren’t any other users on my account. This happened once before but wasn’t an issue as the ride was taken care of and I changed my password. THIS TIME, I cannot get anyone to listen. I was told for a month this supposed charge was a ride and two weeks ago now they changed it to Uber eats. I have NEVER USED UBER EATS. All I want is my account unblocked to delete because something shady is going on here. In addition, Uber is extorting me which is a crime. Uber has been paid, PayPal is the one out the money. So Uber wants to be paid twice. That’s a crime. I’ve already drafted my complaint to the better business bureau and I will be posting all of this on as much social media as I can to destroy Uber, turn away customers until my issue is resolved. Going through the app was 6 weeks of frustrating pointless conversations until today when Uber deleted the whole conversation. Luckily I have it all saved on my phone. There’s no phone number, no number for corporate, all email complaints take you back to the pointless idiots on the app who just punch the same button over and over saying “it looks like this was your charge from sept 24, 2018 6:35pst. You’ll need to pay this to get your account going”. Wtf??? The o Lt thing i can think of is to write corporate and file with the BBB. This company had already been banned in London for shady practices, now Im going for the US. Unbelievable PS- i tried to add photos of the ridiculous conversations but they wouldn’t download...
ID
#1719767 Review #1719767 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Uber Account
Cons
  • Fraudulent charges
  • Total lack of customer servicenot user friendly
  • Money was basically kept without credit or refund
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Unblock my account due to a charge I can prove wasn’t mine