USAA Told me one price and charged me another

I just closed on my home loan with USAA and was very dissatisfied with the service. I was told what my costs would be and as I went through the presses and paid for possessing fees and other fees when it came time to close I was told the price was going to $1500 more then what I was told 2 months ago when I first applied, or I would need to increase my interest rate to keep the cost down. It was to late to change lenders and I had already put out over $800.00. On top of that it took twice as long as I was told it would and I had to pay the seller on the home $2,000 more so they would extend the contract because USAA went past the original closing date. I would never use USAA AGAIN.

If anyone cares to get in touch with me for questions, please email me: amanda.walshenheim@***.com

I am not afraid of giving my work email because I want to prove to people that I am not a "vengeful member" pretending to be an employee!!

I am reviewing a lot of complaints today from USAA- I want to respond to as many as possible since I am in a great position to provide a lot of insight, seeing that I am a current Processor at USAA Mortgage. Okay, with the fees: USAA routinely breaks federal RESPA laws (the GFE of fees you get up front) because they have deployed a practice of "hitting" you with additional fees as the process goes a long.

For instance: If your property comes back in a Flood Zone, not only do you need flood ins (thats everywhere though) but USAA imposes a risk based surcharge for being in a flood zone (no one lese does this and it is illegal) and this will appear on your settlement statement at closing. Currently, it is 1.24% of the loan amount. In other words, the typical $100,000 loan will have an extra $1024 tacked on at closing.

I am completely shocked and surprised that they still do this. I guess members are not that financially savvy to notice this at closing :-)

View more comments (1)
ID
#320492 Review #320492 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Denver, Colorado