Satisfied USAA Customer for 50 Yrs

I know this blog is for complaints but I just wanted to say there is at least one satisfied USAA customer out there. I just completed 50 yrs as a USAA customer and I am pleased to say I've never been dissatisfied with the cost of their products or the quality of their service. I use them for banking (checking and web bill paying), auto and home owner's insurance, and loans. It might be possible to find lower premiums for auto and home insurance however the quality of their service is worth the higher premium. My claims have always been paid promptly and fully; I could never find a term life insurance policy by another company that offered an equivalent level of coverage for the same low premium, and the interest rate on my home mortgage was only 5% eight yrs ago. And then too there's that subscribers refund at the end of the year that really sweetens the deal for me.

Don't be duped by some of the folks on here that say they're real happy; they're happy because they've managed to operate within the boundaries of acceptability set by the theives at USAA. First of all, they LOVE small claims, usually paying them out with no adjuster involvement or anything.

Not only can they then raise your rate for 3 years, but during those 3 years, the C.L.U.E. database shows you as having a claim, and other companies will not write you a policy....so that's 3 years you can't shop!!

It goes on and on, and they will slow-cook you on rate increases. This doofus that's a 50 year member is not shopping rates, and he's paying for it.

I'm still with USAA after 30-35 years and although I do think the service has deteriorated somewhat from what it used to be and it's not the cheapest any more, I still think they are the best available. My home recently burned to the ground leaving my wife and I standing outside in houseshoes and pajamas. USAA was there for us and the settlement was exactly what we expected.

I have been with USAA for 30 years and I can say they are horrible!They have gone down hill. I am getting ready to transfer all of my USSA products to an independant agent.

View more comments (2)