USAA is Very Unprofessional and Rude

Update by user Sep 08, 2012

After posting this complaint, USAA denied my claim. They actually made up details of the accident that did not happen.

I do not know if I can blame the company as a whole or just this particular claims agent. He was rude and unprofessional from the start. My insurance company decided to fight back as they knew I was not at fault.

They took the case to arbitration and I just found out that we won 100%. I will be receiving a check in the mail for the deductible that I paid out of pocket and my insurance company will be reimbursed the money their paid for my repairs as well.

Original review posted by user May 08, 2012
It is very sad that I am having to write about a company that is supposed to care about the military and people. This company does not! I was involved in an accident with a USAA member and was interrogated when I was contacted by USAA. The accident was not my fault by the way. They do not care that I am unable to operate my vehicle or that I am paying for a rental to get around. They are taking their sweet time doing their investigation when it is pretty cut and dry who was at fault in this accident. They are an absolutely horrible company to deal with and should be ashamed of themselves. I will be letting all of the military people I know what an unethical company this is and to steer far away. I have heard many complaints from people who are already members too and that is a shame. People pay insurance for incidents like this and I should not be treated like a criminal when trying to transact legitimate business that they should be paying.

I have had usaa since 1986.

The only problem I have had is that we could not use them when we moved to Florida for our home owners insurance since they no longer write new policies here.

I have been involved in accidents with my cars and always received great service, including being hit by another insured member.

I don't know if they are more expensive but I really don't care. I always speak with someone within 5 minutes of calling, mostly less than 2 minutes, they are always helpful, polite, and professional.

I have checking, savings, investments, retirement, and insurance accounts with them and have had mortgages and car loans with them.

I have never had a problem.

Maybe I am just lucky.

It is not their job to cater to you if your vehicle is not driveable, you are not their insured. They legally have 30 days to investigate a claim, and if they can't get in touch with their insured to verify that your story is correct, then thats not USAA's fault.

You should have your own insurance in the event that the responsible party can't be reached. So quit whining.

Satisfied customer, in the state that I live in, it is the insurance company's responsibility to determine who is at fault. The police do not do that. I work for a financial institution too for many years, as well as in the insurance field specifically.

Most of your complaints make no sense. USAA is in the business to help military families and stay within the laws and regulations of a financial institution as well.

They are not suppose to care about the diaper rash of a child or "obiviously" see whose fault an accident is. Please understand that a company's job is to service, not hand hold. I am not an employee of USAA.

I am a satisfied member for a number of years. I am, however, and employee of another financial institution and understand the behind the scenes situations better than those that don't.

When you have one claim and they know it's worth enough for them but not enough for an attorney to take your case they lie manipulate and shut you down. All bad faith!!!

I have been that "loyal" member for 9 years, I ask for an honest answer in writing, you know, a policy, and was treated like I was *** for months to follow.

Insulted, denied, lied to. Pathetic!!!

Insulted, denied, lied to. Pathetic!!!

So, what you are saying is you are not a member and are complaining of how they treat you.....well that explains it. If you were a member you would know that USAA is the Best there is, for it's members.

To you it's just another insurance company because you are just an average civilian.

I have had the pleasure of having them behind me in all that I have for more than 12 yrs and will spent the rest of my life with them. I've purchased 3 vehicles with USAA, a House , and have had all insured thru them.....so , I can proudly say that USAA is the best benefit to ever joining the military.

Agreed we have had them for 5 years. They are terrible with customer service.

I hate that you pay so much and when you want to use it your treated like a criminal is right.

Allstate is the way to go. I filed 2 complaints with the BBB.

View more comments (7)