Advanced Reviewer

Heritage Home Improvements, Red Barn Drive, Hereford, UK Expensive DISASTER!

Update by user Jan 02, 2015

No good Pissed Consumer asking me to write as 'resolved' as obviously it will never be! Company 'broke' (gone into administration) No funds left from now DISSOLVED co.

for us!

Just avoid anything Peter White sets up in Herefordshire, UK, area; he is listed openly for public to view in Companies House records. Have to 'draw a line' under it - a very expensive one!

Update by user Dec 18, 2014

In administration - got NOTHING - no money back!!

Update by user Dec 18, 2014

They have gone into administration!!!

Update by user Jul 07, 2014

Reseached this company further on-line. Appear to have gone into administration!

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2014
I, too, suffered very bad workmanship from this company! As with other person posting, foundations were insufficient to 'take the weight'! Doors/windows moved & conservatory 'moving' away from property! Have read they have since gone into administration. Avoid dealing with Peter White. This is NOT defamatory as his name can be found at Companies House & name is generally available on the internet. Very EXPENSIVE mistake indeed on our part using this company! Extra expensive as had to hire a builder plus another conservatory company for complete demolishment, rebuild foundations, add on new conservatory! Oh well, the co. under this name appears to have 'gone' now; but avoid any co. with Peter White. AVOID at all costs
Advanced Reviewer

Tech Support Mart - Is Tech Support USA a scam?!!

After calling them for 'Hotmail help' which they confirmed the would do, (after I had found a freephone tel. no. for UK users on Google), I was told I had had hackers on my hotmail and it was being fixed. I was also offered an anti-virus - AGB Malwarebytes 2012 - to protect my computer. I have been in correspondence since 6th July 2012 and got hold of a very polite man in Customer Services - a Mike Williams, who informed he was happy for me to refer to him by name, although he actually sounded Indian to me. He appeared to be very helpful and most concerned about the reputation of Tech Support Mart USA; therefore, kindly offered me a complete refund. Received a 'confirmation of refund' email on 2nd August. Contacted my credit card co. to find NO refund; also have not received a phone call or email, as promised when I called their office this morning, 10th August. So far, no call, no email; therefore, as 'running out of time' with my card co., have forwarded on all copies of relevant correspondence to them. Answer I was unable to get: 'office in Middlesex' - no-one would provide their address; therefore all correspondence done via email.
Advanced Reviewer

Tech Support Mart USA good service/resolved!

Update by user Sep 01, 2012

Tech Support Mart USA scam: I got a REFUND, both from my Credit Card, who took this matter up immediately - and the co. !

However, credit card duly adjusted, so basically I got my money back! My local \'computer / software\' expert said I had DEFINITELY been scammed; he took in my laptop, \'undid the damage\'; I changed all my log-ins and passwords - which took HOURS! So, although much inconvenience caused, I GOT MY MONEY BACK!

Plus my local computer repairer charged me a very minimum amount for sorting this all out PLUS I got extra clean-up and adds for very good value from him. Advised simply NOT to just \'google\' up such \'services\' as many such similar scams come up!

Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2012
A 'correction' as I had read reviews from others on 'Google searches' . I had been concerned about split payments from my card issuer and concerned about the 'remote access' service they offer - as they say it is far easier than sending out a computer repairer. I received a pre-arranged call from a very polite representative of this co. who is concerned about 'customer service' in general. I was delighted that he was so polite and helpful - said I could mention his name: Mike Williams. As he wishes to keep the company's good name, is willing to refund me. Just sorry it didn't quite work out in my case - but happy with outcome and his help! Many thanks! Apparently I am told there are several companies with similar name so there could well be some confusion amongst others! Delighted with outcome!

Heading WRONG! I marked it as 'resolved' to 'keep the scammer happy' then re-blogged!!

TECH SUPPORT MART USA waiting for 'promised' refund! Update as at 10th August 2012.

Received email from this co.

on 2nd August stating 'notice of refund'. Nothing in my card account yet!

I have completed form from my card issuer, enclosing photocopies of emails etc., as requested by my card issuer! 'Watch this space'!!

Update (not resolved quite yet); received email from 'IT Tech Services Customer Refund Notification' dated 2nd August 2012. As yet it is probably rather too early to find out if refund has actually GONE to my Credit Card ; just phoned them - so far nothing.

But leaving it a few days to allow time for the transfer. (incidentally for some reason, unable to see others' comments to my previous posts!)

@Sue G

Tech Support Mart USA is 'scamming' people. Following my initial 'dealings' with them - when I had also called what I thought was a 'hotmail support no', this was then verified by my excellent computer repair expert.

He took in my computer to his workshop, worked on it over 2 days to 'make it safe'! He definitely said I had been 'scammed'. I had 'purchased from this 'company' a new anti-virus' program - giving this co. 'remote access' to ALL on my computer!

As I'd (unwisely) saved most passwords on documents- there are so very many 'log ins' I have for different sites, I had to spend a lot of time checking every site I am on - including my bank!!

I changed passwords on everything! Be careful what you search for on the internet and NEVER give anyone you don't know personally 'remote access'!

View more comments (3)
Advanced Reviewer

Tech Support Mart is DEFINITELY a SCAM don't try to call Hotmail 'help' nos. obtained online

Update by user Aug 01, 2012

Update: Apologies if I have got this confused with other company of similar name! I got a pre-arranged most polite phone call this morning from a Mike Williams (he gave me permission to add his name!) Told me they have been well established about 8 years (I think I heard) and no complaints so far about their service.

He was understandably worried about reputation and wants customers to be happy. He has offered me refund to my credit card co. \'within approx. 3-4 days\'!

There may well be another co. with a similar name - I don\'t honestly know! But I have to say he was extremely polite & helpful and keen to refund me, as I honestly wasn\'t happy with the way the anti-virus they had sold me - was working within my computer. So a big \'thank you\'!

I said I would add \'positive\' comments; unfortunately I had read blogs from others. Hopefully all sorted now!

Original review posted by user Jul 07, 2012
My hotmails had become inaccessible the other day. I could not find on hotmail or MSN a telephone no. for customer services (this is in UK - things may be similar in the USA). I did a 'google search' found what appeared to be a 'freephone' tel. no. duly called this & really thought I was talking to Hotmail Customer Services! I am not usually liable to be 'duped' but was feeling unwell & anxious at the time - eagerly awaiting an urgent email with message I needed to pass on to a friend!. I ended up PAYING for 'new anti-virus' whilst they 'went right through my computer'! Yes - you know what's coming! A typical scam! Now this organisation has access to everything on my computer! They have purportedly installed for me a 'version' of AVG 2012! Fortunately, I have a most excellent computer contact & he is having my laptop in most of next week to 'clear everything' and sort it all out. Tells me the AVG 2012 I had to pay for a lot of money for is FAKE!! 'Someone has my details & I am liable to identity theft'; also his advice: NEVER TAKE INTERNET ADVICE FROM THE NET FROM SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW! Some people are 'singing the praises' of Tech Support Mart (who purport to be in USA but are in India!) but when you check their profiles they are EMPLOYEES or 'contacts' of these scammers!! I paid by credit card & have been told to contact them in about another week or so - see if I can get some money back & inform them of this scam! I will also call UK Citizens Advice to make them aware. BEWARE when you think you are calling a freephone no. purportedly for Hotmail/MSN - expect there is similar in the States!

great post we have the information for Hotmail Technical Support Number kindly check the information here :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/13586****@***7/210********/in/datetaken/

#721903

Support mart are an Indian Scam operating freecall numbers and country specific URLs in a number of countries including Australia. They misuse Google very effectively to fool even experienced computer users into thinking they have the OEM helpline.

Next thing they are fooling around inside your computer, very glib.

While Google could do a lot more (refusing ads maybe) to prevent this happening Bing is much worse.

A search about the scam on the useless one only returns positive (company written)reviews. Have a look at glassdoor for a fail.

#711922

Is Advanced Tech Support formerly Tech Mart ? I ask because their charges come across the account as Safe Mart?

This is a scam- and Google is involved up to their armpits. You dont even know who this company is unless you hit the AD line and it takes you. Otherwise it looks like and AOL website.

I needed to call AOL tech support so I googled "call AOL" - an ad popped up that said "AOL Customer Service" the web site listed was "www.aol.customersupporttechmart.net"- so thought was legit.

Called and they answered "AOL tech support, Jordan speaking". Told him I was having problems sending my aol mail. That it kept popping up there was a stmp problem with AOL servers. Jordan asked me a bunch of security questions including my birthdate and SS number. Then went off line and came back saying the my gateway had been hacked and the random IP address could not be identified as it could have come from anyone. Wanted me to log on to my computer which I was not around. That I had to install gateway protection and to do certain things to remove and fix my system. Told him to send it to me in an email and I would fix when I got home. He said I would receive an email within 20 min. When I didn't receive the email I called back and got someone else where I found out they are not AOL but are contracted by AOL. I hung up and called the real AOL- who said they have got thousands of complaints and were trying to work with Google to get the ad removed. That they are a scam. I also called Google AD department who tried to blow me off - that nothing is secure- and said that unless there is copyright infringement ads can stay. I had them google the search term and see the ad themselves- and how this company is collecting private information. They said they would escalate it.

Doubt anyone is going to do anything. And google will put anyone at risk for a $20 per mo. Ad revenue. The Federal government needs to clamp down on this.

@Anon

Expect these '***' have by now set up under several 'names' purporting to be 'aol' 'outlook' etc. 'help'!

I reckon Google must have a huge part to play in this, but, as you say above, ARE they doing anything about it? I don't know how they work, but presume all 'money-orientated'; all I know now that for sake of privacy you can get something about yourself OFF Google & people have done it. But this is 'another thing'! Well, they picked the wrong person in me!

I now almost laugh about how 'so charming' this man with an 'English name' was - with his 'veiled threat' 'asking me' to stop blogging! So I recall putting on a 'correction' 'oh dear, my mistake' ha ha! - then after REFUND, I just started blogging again! It IS frustrating, though, if you DO actually get some problem with, say, hotmail (now called Outlook) & want/need help.

Think you have to go into the 'help' actually there on Microsoft and/or ask others on the net - often useful.

Most of these services seem to NOT offer direct help to customers, particularly if you are getting the service free, but prefer you to go into REAMS of 'community help'!

Tech Support Mart is such a scam! I cannot believe the "powers that be", the government, has not put them out of business (better yet, in jail).

When I called the telephone number posted for Microsoft.com, I thought I was getting Microsoft. Not so. It was a tech company, Tech Support Mart. I truly thought this was part of Microsoft. Oh, boy! Was I taken for many, many hours on the phone and $400, with no help--only made things on my computer sorse.

How can these companies be stopped?

Couldn't agree more. Tech Support Mart is a big scam. I lost $400 to them!!!

They did nothing to help me; made things worse. When I was able to talk with someone (after hours/days of drying, they would convince me that they really would help me. Trusting person that I WAS, I believed them

Big laugh! Big Scam.

@sUSY

Susy, I couldn't agree more! My computer had been "hacked". I called what I thought was Microsoft and they told me I had much more wrong and had lots of viruses. Suggested I call "tech Support Mart". Oh, boy! One guy told me he was giving me his personal email and phone addresses. What a crock!!!!

I have sent numerous emails, which have never been answered. When I called, I was told I had lots of viruses. Wasn't that what they told me in the first place?

How can we get this place shut down???

My daughter has been a victim of these 'people'!!! Someone had hacked into her e mail.

She googled Hotmail and got the number for 'Tech support mart', with an 0800 prefix. She said she wanted to keep her e mail address and they said that could be arranged and charged her £100!!.

Now she can't access anything and despite numerous phone calls they keep putting her off. Really furious now.

@Angry parent

Hi Angry parent! Everything on your daughter's computer is available to anyone who wants anything!!

If you can find a good computer technician, do what I did! My amazing local chap only charged me £40 (and for this he completely updated my laptop!) he had it in his workshops over 2 whole days!! Somehow he cleared all this up. I only posted on here 'they are not scam' as kind of got a 'veiled pleasant threat'!

- kindly take my comments off these sites & they'd refund me, which they DID! Chap said 'after all £200 is nothing to us'!! I BET it isn't! :( You need it to be fixed by an expert & sorry, this is going to cost money.

She needs to change all passwords she can! :(

View more comments (14)
Advanced Reviewer

Www.wigshow.co.uk Terrible! they are in China! You are NOT dealing with anyone in the UK!

Update by user May 28, 2015

Not sure if this is still the case: but these sites change names. I have heard they are affiliated with 'Global E-dresses' - also located in China and/or Hong Kong. DON'T buy from them.

Update by user Jun 07, 2012

www.wigshow.co.uk

Ultimately in my own case, I got the case dealt with satisfactorily but only after \'pushing\'; \'threats\', raising dispute with Paypal etc.!! So now I have a REAL HAIR wig - Yes - too short & not as described - but can still \'just\'!

use it and it\'s now been knocked down to a \'bargain price\'!!

But please DON\'T use them! Report to UK Citizens Advice - enough complaints will hopefully help get this site CLOSED DOWN!!

Original review posted by user May 05, 2012
I couldn't find what I wanted on ebay and was somewhat distressed by a medical condition causing me some hair loss. I wanted to order a nice long real human hair wig relatively quickly! I found on a search http://www.wigshow.co.uk/ On looking at their website, I found it clearly appeared to be a UK co. and that I could order relatively quickly, as I live in the UK myself. I found something I liked, duly went to 'payment via Paypal'. I then got a receipt from Paypal indicating I had paid someone in CHINA or Hong Kong! After several emails to the company (there is NO ADDRESS shown and NO TEL. NO.) I got the reply 'it was coming from their factory in Hong Kong'. I have been in consultation with UK's 'Consumer Direct' now called Citizens' Advice. They informed me it is ILLEGAL to display what appears to be a 'UK website' with NO address to which to write a formal complaint. Instead I have had several emails, each from a different person 'Dear Customer' etc. with just the 'wig no'! 1 asked for photos which I duly emailed back with tape measure as this was NOT as described: too SHORT! 2 more emails have ensued 'we will refund you by a third'! OR post back at OWN cost (which is also illegal!) & they will refund. I would not risk this, as may never 'see my money again'! We have public holidays now, so will be back in contact with Citizens' Advice so they can pass on to Trading Standards to get them 'blacklisted' legally. In the meantime, I just want everyone - most likely in the UK! - to know they are NOT dealing with/PAYING a UK company. I will also attempt to raise a dispute via Paypal; there could be some difficulty as this co. is actually either in China itself or belongs to Hong Kong and there is no way is knowing until YOU HAVE SUBMITTED PAYMENT! (this has, understandably, caused me some emotional distress in addition to my time spent) DON'T USE THEM!!!

Hey these people are in china not in the uk please dont buy any thing from them they will rip you ofpleas

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT buying a product from Wigshow - I am a reasonable intelligent person but they have effectively stolen £130 from me. I am trying to get a refund back but they are refusing this. Having now instructed my card company but it awaits to be seen if I'm left with a hair wig that has been hacked by a young child who has been hair dressing and paid a pittance!

so glad I found these reviews I was just about to order one, I'm gutted as losing loads of hair through diabetis, will have to try and find similar, does anyone know a reputable wig company with reasonable prices? alarm bells did start ringing for me when I was on live chat and they asked what website I was referring to and English wasn't great, and obviously no telephone number.

@sunlover

Hi sunlover - I am the lady who originally posted on this site (although others now have done the same with a 'heading page'!) I couldn't say for sure if these are OK now, as haven't had any from them for a while - BUT I have had a few wigs from 'Vogue Wigs' who are, I believe in the UK, but via ebay! Very few real human hair ones though, but these appear shiny and in good condition; 'lightweight' to wear and around £20 approx.

so you can often get several!!

we have been emailing halowig s for about 3 months hopeing to get a refund but are still waiting i think they are ripping people off and i think they should be closed down so more people dont get ripped off i hope people read this and not buy from halowigs

I ordered 2 wigs costing £298 inc p&p . It was only after a couple of weeks that I read all the reviews.

I seem to have been one of the lucky ones as I emailed them to cancel the order and asked for a refund. After getting a few emails that a 5 year old could easily have written, they said the refund would be credited back within 3 working days. I was amazed when this actually happened. Its not even the money that the issue here.

I am going through chemo and need a wig, this company is preying on others in my situation, vulnerable people that cant always afford these prices.

Hopefully this site will be closed down before more people are ripped off.

i unfortunately bought a wig from this company and it was like having a dead ferret on top of my head....it looked nothing like the picture...i wrote and complained and they offered me 10% of the price and said i could keep the wig lol....they also wanted a picture of me with the wig on which i totally refused to do as i was,nt going to have them laugh at me at my expence..my advise to anyone thinking of buying a wig from this website is not to even consider doing so....one final note is the wig which i ordered WIG130007**** is no longer on :sigh their website....i wonder why :sigh

Liars, and cheats, DO NOT BUY Anything From This Company!!!! They state they will refund if not happy with wigs, however, trying to get your money back is a different matter altogether, you have to email them (no Phone number) then they tell you to contact their admin, who ask you to send photographs of the item, then they do not reply to emails, eventually they make a ridiculously low offer of a refund (not as you are led to believe on their website,a full refund).

I paid £72 pounds for the wig and was offered £10 back, Irefused and they offered £15, then £20 and after further refusals they stated they would increase it to £30 take it or leave it, it was their last offer. Paypal were not worth any help, I believe they should inform their customers that this company is based in CHINA, not the UK, (as Wigshow's website leads you to believe, .co.uk) before they authorise any payments from your account.Their website seems very professional but their wigs and service are shoddy, Steer Well clear of this company !!!

If you want your money back from wigshow then please read on…………

Hello prospective wig buyers do not buy any wigs from this seller www.wigshow.co.uk

They are thieves there wigs look nothing like the pictures advertised. The AUD$210 the wig cost when it arrived 4 weeks later was the wrong colour nothing like the style and very little hair so no body to it either, wig cap showing, barely any fringe to it, it also looked like a dolly wig I’d put on one of my dolls as a kiddie. I’ve never ever seen a wig gives you a pointy head/triangle effect with sticky out loose hair bits coming out of the top of the crown???

Some advice you guys might not know but might greatly appreciate. I used the wigshow site in the UK, didn’t use paypal but my aussie credit card to purchase the “wig” or - thing that looked like a dog wouldn’t even go near. I contacted my bank a week after not getting any response from wigshow to request a refund (advised the Credit card section of the situation). My bank – commonwealth bank (great guys!, always super helpful), said they’d be very happy to assist and got all the forms out to me to process the refund. Before the customer assistant at the bank hopped off the line, he advised even though it was a credit card payment, the payment was still taken through paypal and I was to contact paypal first as they could very well help me. Which I did. 2weeks later I have a full refund from paypal themselves.

How to: You will be required by paypal to either email them or call them to raise a dispute about the product. I ended up having to call them (because I do not have a paypal account and it was done through guest systems or something, they paypal lady told me). You need to tell them that the product that was sent out was not what you ordered, you are not happy with it and you want a full refund, give them full details about all the problems with the wig.

They will advise you to contact the seller, which I did right away via email.

• Wigshow will give you the run around no end and tell you to stop the dispute with paypal that they will sort it out. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

• Wigshow will come back at you offering pitiful refunds which are laughable and tell you to sell the wig online yourself (LIKE ANYONE WOULD PAY $0.02c for this thing???), and whinge about how much money it takes for labour in china (yeah right) to produce a wig such as this etc etc. Don’t listen to any of it. Even if you have used their website to pay by credit card (as I did) and didn’t use the paypal option, you are still covered by paypal. And if paypal can’t help you, your bank will – contact them with all the details of this company and all the details that are now posted online about it being a scam and they will help you (as they advised me).

• Even if wigshow demand that you send the wig back first before they refund – DO NOT DO THIS EITHER, this is just a ploy for them to then say you never sent the wig (obviously got lost in transit), you don’t get a refund and they get their product back to sell to some other poor unsuspecting lass.

• Wigshow will then try to talk you out of sending back claiming postage fees to China etc are really high. As far as paypal terms go, customer has every right to keep a product and have a refund (if dodgy selling practices are used) and you won’t get in trouble for choosing not to pay high postage to China.

Once you have your refund, you can post the wig back (if you wish or most likely not).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just stick to your guns. Everytime you get a *** email from Wigshow that will make your blood boil, be sweet/reasonable, and just keep repeating - the product that you sent me is not as is described on your website, I am not happy with your product and I wish a full refund.

• What will be going on at wigshow’s end, paypal will be demanding an answer from wigshow, wigshow will ignore paypal as they won’t have an answer for paypal because they’re scammers. When paypal doesn’t get a sufficient answer they will automatically refund.

• If you haven’t heard anything from paypal in a week or so after you begin this, you need to escalate the dispute with paypal, call or email them. I’d suggest calling.

• And for those of you who have left it longer than the 45 days – as I see some of you have, you need to be speaking to your bank about this scam website as I think customers are allowed to claim back so long as its not longer than 3months.

Hope that helps?

@Kim M

Dear Kim M,

Thanks so much for your advice .I didn't use paypal to buy it and the wig that they sent to me just like you have said even a dog does't want to look at it. I hope I will get some money back

Thanks again