Airport Home Appliance and Mattress - Dealer did not honer warrnty

We had purchase a Kitchenaid dishwasher from Airport Appliances of Hayward in 2006. At the time of purchase I had bought a 10 (ten) year extended warranty through the Airport Appliances. Recently We are having problem with the dishwasher. We called Airport Appliances told them about the warranty. They gave me the phone number of the company who supposed to have my warranty. Upon calling the company We found out that this company has nothing to do with dishwasher warranty! They only handle Car warranty! We contacted AA (Airport Appliance) and explained them the situation. We asked AA to contact the warranty company and sort thing out. They should be responsible because they took the warranty money on the behalf of the warranty company. We wrote emails, send them original invoice, warranty cards and every information AA asked for. Finally they told us that they can't help! So We are not sure what to do form this point on. The warranty company doesn't respond and AA doesn't want to do anything! We have documented all my conversation with AA (Airport Appliance) as well as Warranty Company. Thank you so much, Mr. Rockstroh for looking out for the consumers. Bharat and Sunanda Tripathi

I do hope you tried to at least get a refund for the insurance premium you paid, through Small Claims Court. In my opinion you're also entitled to the cost of the repair I assume you eventually paid for yourself.

The Small Claims Court will help you fill out paperwork and get a court date. You might even be able to do it all on line. (I've never done it, but been told they help you get everything done; also you represent yourself--Lawyers not needed, or allowed.) I dont know what the statute of limitations is, but my guess is that the "harm" to you that came from this is when you discovered you needed to use it. Pretty sure you have a period of time after that point to file the claim.

Your post makes me hesitant to shop at Airport Appliance; this feels like they thought they could take advantage of "foreigners". Please know that not everyone is like this, though it may feel that way sometimes. At the very least your post has reminded readers to do their due diligence, and ask questions beforehand. (You might also go to the president of the company and get a response from him.

If all else fails, theres always Michael Finney! He gets things done.) Good Luck!

ID