GWC WARRANTY for $395 is ***!!

I was sold a warranty that covers nothing unless "the warranty company deams fit" to fix. I was also told unless the car is totalled, or is repod I cannot cancel this policy. Great I can't cancel and they don't have to pay..great customer service Mandy Fox, Manager of Contract Processing! Every time I do call for information about what is covered no one asks my name and tells to read the warranty paper. I have and so did the mechanics and the techs at the locations I have taken the car before the car has needed diagnosed or repaired. So far I am out almost $1500!! I was told when I purchased the car and the warranty, same day, that the warranty will cover anything that should happen in the vehicle up to 6500 miles. Purchase price of the warranty $395!! I WOULD LIKE A FULL REFUND $395 Don't be fooled into thinking they will reply in a timely fashion to the BBB either they quote *** to the BBB about how you should read your warranty, but the places including Meineke said these people are notorious about not paying when something goes wrong!! Meanwhile they already have your $395 and you are stuck looking *** and paying out of pocket over and over again!

does mandy have cute toes.

All warranties are not treated the same. Some are powertrain warranties which covers the least amount of parts. Every company offers a limited warranty and a full bumper to bumper warranty. This doesnt sound like the warranty companies fault. This sounds like the dealer sold you a limited warranty. Typically bumper to bumper warranty are in excess of $1000. For $395 its apparent that you have a limited warranty. Its best to understand which type of coverage you are getting before agreeing to anything.

Similar to auto insurance. If you get liability and not full coverage and you get into an accident theres a good chance something is not going to be covered. This would not be the insurance companies fault that you dont have 100/300 coverage or you dont have rental car coverage or uninsured motorist.

Car dealers are there to sell cars its your responsibility to read what you are signing.

I bought a warranty on my Chrysler 300 and it is a ProGuard Warranty. I had an upper control arm go bad and they covered it no question the repair center was paid direct by credit card as well.

When I first took the car in and told him I had a warranty he rolled his eyes. He was completely suprised they covered it as most companies say that it is a pre-existing problem. He also said he usually has to wait weeks to get his money.

Needless to say ProGuard in both our opinions is an awesome company. Sorry you got stuck with the wrong warranty company.

View more comments (2)
ID
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Used Car World Of Saw Mill Run - DON'T BUY FROM HERE!!! ELECTRICAL TAPE IN ENGINE

Update by user Apr 27, 2012

I will not be trying to remove or update until Used Car World on Saw Mill Run Blvd, in Pittsburgh Pa., reimburses me the monies owed. I have also sent pictures to ripoffreport.com and the BBB (who has also sent them the pictures with no reply as of 4/27/2012) Which the BBB has also sent the evidence to the \"dealership\".

If anyone would like to see \"what you get\", if you choose to deal with this \"auto dealership\" please see for yourself.

Free speech is a wonderful thing. I will update a positive remark if the dealership chooses to do the right thing and not say this is a \"warranty issue\", but a \"dealership shouldn\'t have sold with electrical tape in the engine coils which sit atop of the spark plugs (hence spark..plugs) that could potentially catch fire while driving your family or reset the in dash screen just to get the car off the lot so it can be sold asap\" issues.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2012
Like electrical tape holding a coil in your engine?? Neither did I, but that's what was sold to me. A cadillac SRX with two cracked engine coils, a reset computer in dash screen (detects problems in the car, so it could be sold) and electrical tape in the engine which cost me almost $420 to fix in order for the car to run properly. I sent pictures to the BBB and the business response..it is a "warranty issue". Um NO IT IS A ELECTRICAL TAPE IN THE ENGINE OF THE CAR YOU SOLD ME ISSUE!! I have sent pictures to the BBB in response to Used Car Inc., on Saw Mill Run Blvd in Pittsburgh Pa. They can see the cracked/broken coils, and see this was not a warranty issue but a "Hey let's get this car outta here before we have to reset the computer again and it shows what's wrong in the engine", issue!
ID