ADP - Holding over $1000 Hostage for legitimate expenses

Written by MyRocky on April 24, 2012 from arlington, virginia, US We had a different Flex fund last year and the company my husband works for switched to Flex Direct - ADP. They are horrible. My youngest daughter is disabled and has a service dog. They asked for no documentation about "dog food" and paid it without a problem as they should have for a service animal. I also submit my dependend care receipts under medical because my daughter is disabled (and according to IRS regulation 502) that is OK and spelled out clearly. So I submitted three dependent care claims and they paid them. Then I submitted 2 more dependent care claims and they have been denied over and over. Before we signed with this new Flex fund we asked about dependent care for our daughter - and were told exactly what the IRS regulations state - that if you have child that is disabled, you can deduct (or use flexible spending) under either (dependent or medical). Now these idiots are withholding over $1000 of our money because they want a letter of medical necessity -- for what - child care!!!! We depend on this money as my daughter has a lot of special needs. According to what I have read on the IRS website - it is illegal to withhold our money for legitimate expenses. They pay for dog food but not dependent care -- you can't have a service animal unless you have an ADA recognized disability - so they know she is disabled. These people are ignorant and rude.

IRS regulations require the note of medical necessity, not ADP.

ID