Turo car owner rip-off

I rented a Turo car from owner Maher El-babaa and was unfortunate to have a pebble ding the windshield. I could have had it filled without telling him. I could have refused to cooperate with him. I could have given him a bad review. Instead, I worked with for a few weeks to try to get Turo to repair it as part of his insurance with Turo as well as shopping for a good provider for him. We agreed that I would pay the cost of chip repair and he would pay the difference above that for a full windshield replacement he preferred to have. However, once the replacement was done and I had been charged by Turo to replace the windshield, the liar ghosted me and has never reimbursed me for the replacement he wanted but didn't need. Don't trust him and don't rent from him.
ID
Pros
  • Car was well-maintained
Cons
  • He is a liar
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Refund the difference between repair and replacement as agreed with Maher El-babaa

Apple iTunes steals from your account

I have an iTunes account that nobody can access except me. I recently noticed a $50 charge for a Gangstaz music set that was deducted from my account without notice. I am a 50-year old conservative man. I don't approve nor listen to that stuff. It didn't show up as a download to my device. I didn't purchase it, authorize it, receive it nor agree to pay for it. I have tried repeatedly to get iTunes support to credit my account, but they have the gall to say that my "purchases are final" even when no purchase has occurred. I have asked for a supervisor to no avail. And my account is now disabled. Do not put a credit on an iTunes account because those thieves will take the money out without recourse and without proof that you purchased anything. No other company in the world gets away with this except Apple.

You've probably already resolved this, but the best place to always begin is with your credit card company or bank when you have a charge dispute. Apple iTunes is the most customer unfriendly company out there.

They have no loyalty to their own customers because they feel they have the whole music download industry wrapped up, so why should they care about your measly $50? Complaining customers are like buzzing mosquitoes in their ears- they just wave them away.

I hope you were able to get your credit card company or bank to reverse the charges. Try the Spotify website for music downloads instead.

well.. Apple is run by a bunch of greedy crooks.

View more comments (1)