Smashing Resumes Scam

Update by user May 17, 2012

I have been posting in the comment section below on the progress of this situation. They are completely ignoring me now, and Pay Pal is involved in resolving this matter.

Original review posted by user Apr 16, 2012
Groupon was holding a deal for a percentage of professional resume writing. I missed the groupon by a day however after submitting my resume for a complimentary audit (which they audited and responded same day) they told me They would offer me the equivalent of the groupon deal if I paid them directly. I was informed that I would have my rewritten resume back in 48 hours after payment and filled out their questionare. I paid the fee through credit card, filled out the form and waited. After a week passed I tried to contact them by phone and email. No response for 5 days. They finally contacted me via email at 2am and said they had not received the payment. After reading the confirmation number back to them they agreed to move ahead. Another 5 days passed and no word back from them. Again tried to contact them through both phone and email. 4 more days before they replied again in the middle of the night saying that they did not have my questionare. I informed them that i had filled it out and even filled out another one and sent it directly through email as well. Another week passed. Still no word. I have been steadily trying to contact them through phone and email with no response. I am at a month now and this company has basically stolen my money and will not return my calls. I would strongly reccomend that you do not waste your money with this internet SCAM. I do not want to see people lose money the way I have.

Thank u so much everyone for comments. Groupon has a deal with this company along with 2 others and this has helped me eliminate one.

Please do not waste your money on this. There call them selves professionals.I did not see any professionalism in their work.

Their standard of writing is very low. Once of the previous commenter has correctly pointed out that they just put the resume in a very plain vanilla format. Their job is so shoddy.

They just copy pasted my suggestions and left empty bullet points for which sentence i asked them to remove. They do not format the resume properly.

These guys just pasted my existing resume into a very vanilla template that looks like any one of 1000s of Indian contractor's.

I have been working with them for several months to "tweak" the resume, but they're just playing on the edges. There's nothing "smashing" here; it's just "typical".

Worst Groupon Ever!

:( Same case on my end. I have sent a complain to Groupon but have not heard back from them. Has anybody filed a complain about SmashingResume in the BBB website?

I bought a groupon for Smashing Resumes ($75 for supposedly a $180 value) which was the worst thing I ever did to save money. I uploaded the information and it's been 3 1/2 weeks and I still have not received my resume and cover letter.

I have called them several times but you only get a recording. I have emailed them and gotten standard responses. I have gone to the website and chatted with people that are supposedly human. I have complained to groupon.

I still have not gotten my resume.

Nobody should invest their money with this company. Nobody!

Vanessa, how did you pay them? if paypal then you can get your money back!! I did :) go to diputs on the paypal page.

They pasted my resume on a new template w/o making any change. I used a groupon coupon to buy their service.

I called Groupon and they refunded the whole amount but I must say I wasted my time. Smashing resume is a fraud run by 2-3 people. DO NOT waste your money.

If you used groupon tell them you are dissatisfied and they will refund you. If you paid through credit card raise a distute and they will help you get your money back.

I wish I would have read this before! What a waste of money!

Same thing happened to me: Received the draft and all they did was slap on the resume I provided onto a new template!

They added 1 extra sentence and 2 extra words that made no sense! Honestly, I don't mind the wait- I just want something 'smashing', not some regurgitated stuff!

God if only had I seen this review earlier!! I purchased the same groupon graduation deal and going through the same trouble as everyone.

They never pick up the call or reply back.

Not only the deal changes its description to a reply in 48 BUSINESS HOURS, it seems like they don't ever bother replying anything. I will be contacting Groupon for a refund and I hope everyone else gets there money back as well.

Thanks everyone for your bad reviews...I was so close to buying the groupon and i looked up reviews and found this page! Thanks and I hope you all get your money back ASAP!!!

View more comments (21)