ATT - AT&T Uverse television and internet

Update by user Apr 09, 2012

History: 14 years with Comcast service, cable,internet and home phone for less than $160.00. Switched to ATT UVERSE TELEVISION AND INTERNET paying $130.00 monthly after being overcharged since changing in December 23,2011;until this month in April.

April is FIRST month ATT could give me a definitive monthly amount for services. I was told no set-up or activation fees. Sales representative promised that for both television and internet would be a $89.00 monthly charge with 3 months free for SHOWTIME,STARZ and one other premium movie channel.ATT COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE gave his word that it would beat my Comcast service by charging half. BUYER BEWARE!!!

WHEN YOU TALK to ATT make sure you have proof. RECORD conversation with informed consent.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2012
Beware of false promises re: price of services. Discussed with sales representative how much savings I would receive to change service from Comcast to uverse TV and WiFi internet service. All misrepresented. First bill over 500.00. Yes, didn't pay for first month. Did give 100.00 gift card and company stated there would be a "telephone investigation". Stayed that it could take up to 3 days to get answer. Called every month when larger bill for services came. 3 times this investigation was promised, to witness what the sales representative promised me. They stated that the original conversation would be reviewed. Bottom line never came back with information promised. I am paying an outrageous bill, I cannot afford. They are allowing payments... 164.00 on the 20th of this month and 200.00 on the 2nd of May. I will not have the money. I think they could've extended the time and lower payment options due to the misrepresentation. Bottom line, get everything in writing first. These sales people will promise whatever to get their hooks in you. Edward Swanson, Blue Island, IL

Hello Deb41rn,

I sincerely apologize you were not billed at the price you were quoted by the sales representative. I'll be happy to review your account and work with you in getting this matter correct.

Please email me your account and contact number to ATTTammyH@***.com my hours are 8a-5p PST Mon-Fri.Include your name/id in the subject line. Thanks, Tammy-Customer Care Manager

AT&T is now telling me I have to pay a bill of $486.00 by May 2nd or service will be disconnected. My service started December 23,2011.

I have paid $150.00 while the company was supposedly doing a phone investigation to confirm what ATT sales representative told me. NOW, last conversation was REGARDLESS what the price of service quoted, "the representative was wrong, and this is what we owe". AT&T will not back up what their own EMPLOYEE quoted. RIGHT OR WRONG.

GOOD LUCK to those talking to ATT, hope you get a honest representative.

Apparently, they can say whatever they want to get you to sign up. Kinda like bait and switch by phone.

View more comments (1)