comment to review:

Expensive way to kill your fish.

Advantage Manufacturing #1747603
THIS REVIEW IS **NOT** ABOUT ADVANTAGE MANUFACTURING IN WASHINGTON. IT IS ABOUT THE ONE IN CALIFORNIA. THE WEBSITE PICKED IT FOR ME, AND I WON'T LET ME CHANGE IT. I TOLD PISSED CONSUMER ABOUT IT, BUT THEY PUBLISHED IT ANYWAY. SO NOW IT'S ON THEM.

UPS Store #782939
> Did the Seattle UPS Store mention address correction?
My local folks didn't know what was going on at the time & I didn't know I could do that. Now I do; thank you, Mr. dinner. ;-)
(But I wonder whether the bwitch knew that...)
I do understand the liability aspect, it's a perfectly valid concern. You take a risk when you run any business. With shippers it's the responsibility for other people's property; a restaurant risks giving their customers E. Coli; and a politician takes the risk of being hung by his constituents.

UPS Store #782885
Agreed, I should have verified it. I made a mistake, no argument there. But this review isn't about me, it's about the store owner's reaction.
She could have seen my mistake as a business opportunity. Instead, she chose to be extremely rude and got a snarky review on Pissed Consumer. (Alongside her other internet reviews, most of which likewise mention this person's lousy attitude)
My local UPS store has my name & phone on file. In this case, the bwitch on the other end *did* look up the seller; she told me so. She could have called him, I couldn't - all I had was an email address. There was no way I could tip him off in the two-hour time window she gave me. As I mentioned earlier, he *did* show up for the package - so she not only cost me money, but she did the same to a regular customer!
I talked to my local store about this, they said that UPS gives them no such deadline, they can and will hold a package for pickup. They're more than happy to help straighten something out, even if there isn't a profit involved. They get good reviews and repeat customers.
The bwitch gets reviews that say, "I'm never going back"
0 1
Hi Undroid,
Did the Seattle UPS Store mention address correction/ delivery intercept when this was happening? If they didn't, they aren't doing their jobs very well or are too lazy to make the call :P Hopefully this isn't the case.
It is absolutely true that UPS does not really give a deadline on RTS packages. I've seen people return unopened RTS packages 5months after it was delivered. That's partially because a lot of accounts get charged for RTS shipments. Bigger companies don't however. Depends on the contract negotiated. The liability I was alluding to was the fact the store have to account for a package in their store that they otherwise wouldnt have to. I'm not saying that the unfriendly owner should of not tried harder but ..... there always is more information to consider.

UPS Store #776821
Have you never seen an address that looks like this:
. Megacorp, LLC
. PO Box 1234
. 5678 North Industrial Drive
. Los Angeles, CA . That's TWO addresses in one spot, and it's pretty common. First line is mailing address, and the next is physical location. That's what I thought I was looking at (especially since it included the seller's name). Is it really a mistake to assume that the return address is the ADDRESS to which you might RETURN something? . I've shipped from several different UPS Stores, in several different states. ALL of them insisted on a real address, none of them would use their own address unless I rented a box there. If the seller had gotten my address wrong, the box would have returned back to that same UPS Store. What would she have done then? Sent it back to the wrong address? Berated the driver? . You are correct that I made a mistake in not verifying the address. Some people might look at that and see a fool with a problem, but others might see a potential customer presenting them with a business opportunity. . She's got several reviewers on Yahoo & Google saying the same things, that she's inexplicably rude to everyone who walks in the door. You just gotta wonder why someone owns a consumer-oriented business if they don't like dealing with the public in the first place.
comment to review:

Returned my mail to sender

UPS Store #776684
Just what part of "I paid the extra fee" did you not understand?

UPS Store Rude/and did not ship boxes

UPS Store #776681
Frank didn't say anything about worship, hello? You're basically *** him out for a bunch of stuff you made up yourself.
UPS accepts packages up to 150 pounds; their drivers must have "the ability to lift, lower and maneuver packages between 25 and 70 lbs." That says to me that the store has to accept packages of that weight, even if the shipper isn't capable of lifting them himself.
The owner of the UPS store is in business to make money, money comes from customers. If he's nice to customers, they'll come back with more money. If he's rude to them, they'll take their money elsewhere. duh?
2 replies
I am not the owner of this store, however I am a The UPS Store owner. I speak from my own knowledge and experience only.
The drop off "customer" who has been an account holder for 25 years doesn't spend ANY money in the store. He drops his boxes and leaves, thinking that he has paid the store employees for their service. Truth is he hasn't paid anything and yet he stands there demanding that someone else lift his packages. UPS provides the store owner with a buck per package which he has to pay royalties on.
When 50+ lb. boxes come in the store it takes two associates to check them in. One to load and unload them from the scale and one to operate the computer. (Or one that has to load and run around the counter and then unload repeatedly). Asking a customer to put a package on the scale shouldn't be a big deal most times. It seems that the original poster got an attitude when he stated that this is The UPS Stores employees job. My store will help out with this stuff if we see someone can't manage to put them on the scale themselves but this doesn't seem to be the case here.
And by the way if those drop offs came in after the cut off time or on a Saturday, they have
...

UPS Store #774999
Thank you, QueenB. I got my business savvy from my mother. She ran her own highly successful business for over 25 years. She liked to say, "It takes ten happy customers to gain one new customer, but it only takes one unhappy customer to lose ten."
Thanks to the internet, we can multiply that by a thousand. That's *very* good for the good business people, and for the others ...?

UPS Store #774888
I gotta give you the same advice as I did to Einstein. READ the review BEFORE commenting.
I never said the seller wasn't going to pay. He even went down to the store to pick up the package. If they were in that much of a hurry, they could have contacted the seller themselves. He's a regular customer: an eBay seller who uses them for all his business.
I often use my local UPS Store - my labels say "Ship From: [Undroid]" and "Shipped Through: [UPS Store]" In fact, they'll refuse to send one with their own address as the return address. I assumed the NJ store operated in the same manner.
I was very polite the first couple of times I spoke with this person, even though she was quite rude. The third time, I was angry because she had already cost me time and money. Even then, I was still polite. She got all huffy and refused to provide the service she's in business to provide. That reaction cost me even more time and money. Only then did I get impolite, *VERY* impolite and I do not apologize for that in the least.
Some more advice from someone who's run his own business: if you've got an unhappy customer, that's the WORST time to be short tempered yourself. If you are patient and kind, you'll have a loyal customer for life. If not - you'll get reviews like this one on Pissed Consumer. It's your choice.

UPS Store #774870
This review is specifically for the UPS Store located in West Winsdor, NJ. The people at my local Seattle store are just great.
Miklos Miq
I read every word you wrote. The seller should give you their address, if he didn't or you ignored him or didn't wait for him. That's your fault or the sellers fault. If you don't like someone's attitude, don't use them or "suffer" and put up with it. Wtf do you mean two different versions of the address? They can't be that different that you can't realize they're the same. Our address is 2270 Wyoming, Suite D. For mail we list it as 2270-D Wyoming. It's clear they are the same. I honestly didn't think it's possible to put the customers address as the return address so they're doing something totally weird.

UPS Store #774865
uhhh ... Einstein? I find it helps just a whole lot to READ a review BEFORE I comment on it. You might consider the same approach rather than embarrassing yourself again.
FYI:
1) This was a FIVE pound package
2) It was NOT prepaid
3) I dropped it off in Seattle, NOT NJ
4) If the owner doesn't like the terms of the contract, he doesn't have to sign it. fffffollow yyyyyyyour ooooown aaaaaadvice.
Miklos Miq
Wow, you are absolutely ***. They made no mistake. You said they weren't going to pay, they returned it. You should have transferred the money to pick up the package from your account to the sellers! (via PayPal) you made the mistake of that. We (as the UPS Store--not this store, another store) are the shipper, not our customer, so we are the return address. If you are being rude to them, they are going to be rude to you.

"FSA" = Freakin' SCAM Account

ADP #462676
I forgot to mention - their call center is in India and the people who answer have accents so thick as to be nigh unto impossible to understand.

Yet when an employer calls ADP, they quickly get put through to someone who speaks perfect English.

Coincidence? Yeah, and I've got a bridge for sale, cash only and small bills please. ;)

ADP~Health Care Flexible Spending Account

ADP #462675
ADP FSA OPINED:

"I think its funny how all of you are mad at ADP...

I suppose you think it's some sort of :eek coincidence :eek that the US govt. created a set of rules that are so easy for a Fortune 500 company to exploit?

Their service center is in India, so it costs them pennies on the dollar to put roadblocks in your way. If they are successful in blocking your claim, they pocket your money.

Do the math.