Junior Reviewer

Advantage Manufacturing - Expensive way to kill your fish.

Advantage manufactures pond & pool pumps, I bought a $900 model for my fish pond. It's been in service for four months, in that time it's stopped working three times. This time it won't even restart. It displays a thoroughly unhelpful message, "high amps." But gives no clue as to how someone would fix such a problem. It's still on warranty, but the manufacturer won't respond to emails and calling their support line is an exercise in futility. ("contact the seller" - who won't do anything either.) Even if they did respond, I'd still have to ship a 50 pound pump back to the factory. Needless to say, this is not cost effective and my fish would be without filtration in the interim.

THIS REVIEW IS **NOT** ABOUT ADVANTAGE MANUFACTURING IN WASHINGTON. IT IS ABOUT THE ONE IN CALIFORNIA.

THE WEBSITE PICKED IT FOR ME, AND I WON'T LET ME CHANGE IT.

I TOLD PISSED CONSUMER ABOUT IT, BUT THEY PUBLISHED IT ANYWAY. SO NOW IT'S ON THEM.

Advantage Manufacturing Pool Pump
Cons
  • Defective product
  • Bad service
Poor customer service
Full refund
Update by user Apr 22, 2017

After leaving reviews on pissed consumer and other sites, as well as contacting the state Attorney General, I did get a refund on the overcharge.

Update by user Mar 24, 2017

I'm a large male - I've never had any problems, but this is the second time they've taken advantage of my petite wife.

Here's...

Resolved
Service
Grease Monkey Oil Change
Cons
  • Overcharge
  • Being over charged
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Myknobs - Lousy Products, lousy service

MyKnobs.com: I bought some EXPENSIVE drawer pulls from these jerks, when they arrived I gave one to my carpenter - he took it back to his shop where he *gasp* opened the package! He quickly found that he couldn't get his finger into the drawer pull. So I opened one of the other ones to confirm his findings - I couldn't get my finger into it either. So now I have two opened packages of useless brass thingamabobs and MyKnobs.com refuses to refund my money. Or rather, they want a 25% restocking fee on only the ones which haven't been opened - providing I send them back at my own expense. They seem to think it's perfectly reasonable for me to lose $75 because they're selling faulty products. I do not.
Snohomish, Washington
Poor customer service
Full refund

UPS Store - Rude employee cost me time & money

I wanted to return an eBay purchase. I sent it back to the return address given on the original shipping label. It turned out that the return address was that of the UPS Store it had been shipped from. When it arrived, the operator called me. She said they could hold it if the seller agreed to pay a fee for pickup. I asked them to hold it while I contacted the seller, but they sent it back to me within hours. The seller turned up soon after, but the package was gone. The original shipping label listed two addresses. When the package came back to me, I naturally shipped it to the second one. But it was the same UPS store. She called me again, and I asked her to ship it to the seller. I said I was willing to pay for it, but I thought they should because the mixup was their fault. The operator became very angry and refused to hold the package or ship it, either one. The seller is a frequent customer and the package originated at their store; I feel that they had an obligation to facilitate the return. Now I have to pay a *third* time to send the same package back to the same person. This wouldn't have happened IF: The UPS store hadn't used their own address as the return address They hadn't listed two versions of their own address They'd held it just a little while longer the first time They'd held the package or shipped it the second time A little customer service wouldn't have cost them anything; but the lack DID cost me money.

Lets clear some stuff up,

Undroid seems to be a pleasent fellow so....

1)The original shipping label: on every domestic shipping label generated by the UPS Store via ISHIP the originating location is always going to be the sending UPS Store location. International shipping labels puts the customers address though, don't ask me why.

There is no way that there is 2 different address for that UPS Store....there's something wrong here.

2)The receiving UPS Store has no way to look up the original "sellers" information to contact them unless a phone number was provided. And the store is not obligated to hold that package for anytime unless that customer was a mailbox holder that is. Nearly all UPS Stores charge for receiving packages for people that are not mailbox holders...some UPS Stores outright refuse any packages that is not for mailbox customers due to liabilities.

3) If you didn't open the package and RTS the box back, then yes the original UPS Store would have to deal with the problem but in this case it seems that you opened the package and shipped it via UPS Store from the Seattle area.

For future refrence, you could of called the Seattle UPS Store to do a delivery intercept or an address correction...

since they were in control of the shipment going back.

The address correction is free, I don't remember the cost of delivery intercept. Hate to say this but most of this could of been avoided by talking to original seller for a return address :)

@on lunch

Agreed, I should have verified it. I made a mistake, no argument there.

But this review isn't about me, it's about the store owner's reaction.

She could have seen my mistake as a business opportunity. Instead, she chose to be extremely rude and got a snarky review on Pissed Consumer. (Alongside her other internet reviews, most of which likewise mention this person's lousy attitude)

My local UPS store has my name & phone on file. In this case, the bwitch on the other end *did* look up the seller; she told me so.

She could have called him, I couldn't - all I had was an email address. There was no way I could tip him off in the two-hour time window she gave me. As I mentioned earlier, he *did* show up for the package - so she not only cost me money, but she did the same to a regular customer!

I talked to my local store about this, they said that UPS gives them no such deadline, they can and will hold a package for pickup.

They're more than happy to help straighten something out, even if there isn't a profit involved.

They get good reviews and repeat customers.

The bwitch gets reviews that say, "I'm never going back"

@Howard

Hi Undroid,

Did the Seattle UPS Store mention address correction/ delivery intercept when this was happening? If they didn't, they aren't doing their jobs very well or are too lazy to make the call :P Hopefully this isn't the case.

It is absolutely true that UPS does not really give a deadline on RTS packages.

I've seen people return unopened RTS packages 5months after it was delivered. That's partially because a lot of accounts get charged for RTS shipments. Bigger companies don't however. Depends on the contract negotiated.

The liability I was alluding to was the fact the store have to account for a package in their store that they otherwise wouldnt have to.

I'm not saying that the unfriendly owner should of not tried harder but ..... there always is more information to consider.

@eating dinner

> Did the Seattle UPS Store mention address correction?

My local folks didn't know what was going on at the time & I didn't know I could do that. Now I do; thank you, Mr.

dinner. ;-)

(But I wonder whether the bwitch knew that...)

I do understand the liability aspect, it's a perfectly valid concern. You take a risk when you run any business.

With shippers it's the responsibility for other people's property; a restaurant risks giving their customers E. Coli; and a politician takes the risk of being hung by his constituents.

Undroid- I like your comments! And you are right, you have to be polite no matter what.

Even if the customer is wrong (I don't think you were but I'll happily take a snarky comment!). If you deal with a problem politely, the customer leaves happy and comes back happy!

@QueenB

Thank you, QueenB. I got my business savvy from my mother.

She ran her own highly successful business for over 25 years.

She liked to say, "It takes ten happy customers to gain one new customer, but it only takes one unhappy customer to lose ten."

Thanks to the internet, we can multiply that by a thousand. That's *very* good for the good business people, and for the others ...?

You should not take pre-paid 50 pound packages to a UPS store. Why dont you call for a pickup you cheap ****.

Many owners are flooded with up to 100 drop offs per day and the last thing they need is you and your 50 pound pre-paids. So fccckkk offf.

@shield22

uhhh ... Einstein?

I find it helps just a whole lot to READ a review BEFORE I comment on it.

You might consider the same approach rather than embarrassing yourself again.

FYI:

1) This was a FIVE pound package

2) It was NOT prepaid

3) I dropped it off in Seattle, NOT NJ

4) If the owner doesn't like the terms of the contract, he doesn't have to sign it. fffffollow yyyyyyyour ooooown aaaaaadvice.

@Howard

Wow, you are absolutely ***. They made no mistake.

You said they weren't going to pay, they returned it. You should have transferred the money to pick up the package from your account to the sellers! (via PayPal) you made the mistake of that.

We (as the UPS Store--not this store, another store) are the shipper, not our customer, so we are the return address. If you are being rude to them, they are going to be rude to you.

@Miklos

I gotta give you the same advice as I did to Einstein. READ the review BEFORE commenting.

I never said the seller wasn't going to pay.

He even went down to the store to pick up the package. If they were in that much of a hurry, they could have contacted the seller themselves. He's a regular customer: an eBay seller who uses them for all his business.

I often use my local UPS Store - my labels say "Ship From: [Undroid]" and "Shipped Through: [UPS Store]" In fact, they'll refuse to send one with their own address as the return address.

I assumed the NJ store operated in the same manner.

I was very polite the first couple of times I spoke with this person, even though she was quite rude. The third time, I was angry because she had already cost me time and money. Even then, I was still polite. She got all huffy and refused to provide the service she's in business to provide.

That reaction cost me even more time and money. Only then did I get impolite, *VERY* impolite and I do not apologize for that in the least.

Some more advice from someone who's run his own business: if you've got an unhappy customer, that's the WORST time to be short tempered yourself. If you are patient and kind, you'll have a loyal customer for life.

If not - you'll get reviews like this one on Pissed Consumer. It's your choice.

View more comments (12)
Junior Reviewer

ServPro did more damage than the fire!

Update by user Jul 10, 2012

I tried Angie\'s List complaint resolution process. Servpro\'s response was yet another lie.

\"We have contacted him via telephone calls and voice messages and have received no response.\"

BULL...uh...\"Stuff\" I\'ve responded to every attempt at communication. OTOH, I\'ve got at least a dozen emails in my \'sent mail\' folder which have received no response whatsoever.

Original review posted by user May 07, 2012
I collect old tin toys, and the original boxes are a significant part of the value. I display my toys, but had the boxes in a storage unit. The facility caught fire & ServPro showed up to ... uh ... "help" First, they made it sound like they were there in some sort of official capacity. That the only way I could get my property back was to deal with them. This turns out to not be the case, but it was too late by then. When I got into the unit, I was overjoyed, many of my boxes had made it through with just a little water damage. I talked to them repeatedly about those boxes, they assured me that they knew how to clean them. I gave them a list of what I found, I included the "Certificates of Authenticity" on the newer items in my collection. I talked to both the supervisors and the workers and was specifically told on several occasions that they were taking good care of my boxes. Three months later, I still hadn't heard from them. I started calling, they responded, "Next week" ... "next week" ... "next week." I finally heard from them when they sent a bill to my insurance company. I told them that they weren't getting paid until I got my property back. They finally showed up ... WITHOUT THE BOXES OR CoA's!!! I'm out THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF ITEMS THAT MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRE! I sent them email - which is still unanswered. They won't return my phone calls. I'm also missing a hammock that made it through the fire ... and what else? I don't know, they were supposed to document the items, and photograph them as well. They won't produce the supposed photographs, either. I did do one thing right - on day one, they gave me a paper to sign which said, "I've reviewed the items with ServPro, and they have my permission to dispose of the damaged items..." I didn't sign it - neither should you. Not until your property is back in your hands. You should also not trust them to photograph everything, do that yourself. In fact, you should run screaming the other direction if these incompetent, dishonest, money-grubbing, yogurt-sucking mutants ever show up on your doorstep.

ADP - A brand new FSA Scam

Last year ADP refused a (perfectly legitimate) payment. TODAY, they're telling me that same charge was an OVERPAYMENT and they want to be reimbursed for something they didn't pay for in the first place They did manage to keep fifteen dollars of my money last year by putting a bogus hold on my account at the last minute. So far, this year, they've put up one stumbling block after another - and have managed to refuse every single claim I've made. You just gotta love such dedication to Pure Evil.
Adp Account

ADP - "FSA" = Freakin' SCAM Account

Update by user Apr 08, 2012

(Should be \"2011\" not \"2001\" below - can\'t edit this it seems)

Original review posted by user Apr 08, 2012
These people are CROOKS. I overestimated my 2011 spending needs, so spent out the last few hundred dollars at the optometrist for some new glasses. They allowed the charge - that was in December. Then, at the end of February I got a letter saying "We cannot verify this charge, we've tried twice before to contact you and if you don't provide some receipts PDQ we're going to cut you off" LIARS!!! I never received any two prior notifications - that was the first I heard of it. ADP processes my paychecks as well, so I open anything from them as soon as it enters the house. I was able to convince them that it was a legitimate charge - but only after they'd already refused a couple other charges ... and then, gosh, it's too late for 2001. You do know what happens to any money left over in your account, right? The provider pockets it. Motive, Means, and Opportunity.

I forgot to mention - their call center is in India and the people who answer have accents so thick as to be nigh unto impossible to understand.

Yet when an employer calls ADP, they quickly get put through to someone who speaks perfect English.

Coincidence? Yeah, and I've got a bridge for sale, cash only and small bills please. ;)

Adp Account