Leisure Pro - Company goes back on word by hiding behind fine print in exchange policy

A while back I purchased the Neosport 1mm water shirt from leisure Pro. I have lost weight so I do not know my size. I gave the sales rep at leisure Pro my measurements, height and weight and I was assured that I would need a 3X. When it came, it fit more like a tee shirt than a water shirt and knowing what water does to a wet suit, it was probably too big and the 2x is my size. But not knowing the material, I did not know if I needed the 2X or not. I talked to Leisure Pro about the dilemma I had. It was winter and the closest swimming pool I could get into was 200 miles away and I had an ulcer under my toe which I needed to wait for it to heal before I could make the trip. I was told not to worry, when I could get to the pool to verify whether I needed the 2X or not and if I needed the 2X I could exchange it then. Nothing was told to me that I had a time limit for who was to pay for the return the shipping. When I first talked to them about it, within a few days of receiving it, they would have paid for it. But: one, it was their employee who ill-advised me to my size needed, and two I was told not worry, it was OK to wait. So, apparently anything they tell you, if it does not parallel in their policies, don't believe a word of it without it being backed up in writing by the company. While still waiting to make the trip to the pool, I ordered the Henderson 2.5mm vest in 2X which fit me like a glove. So now I have it verified that I need the 2x in the shirt too, so I called and asked for the paperwork to return it. They sent me a form to fill out, but no return label which I noticed missing as I was collecting everything to pack it up and ship it back. Not having the RMA shipping label meant I'm paying for the shipping.....but they guarantee size to fit, and I was told no need to hurry in the return due to my situation. Now, to being able to ship it out on that day, it got set aside for a couple of weeks and forgotten. When I called today for the shipping label i was refused and told I'd have to pay for the return. Cost to me: $12.77; cheapest rate quoted to me. Because of this, Leisure Pro will never get a sale from me again; nor will I recommend them to the many divers I mentor; I will also let the group know how I was treated. Businesses that treat their customers like this do not deserve to stay in business.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Pros
  • See my complaint
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
refund me the $12.77 I had to pay for shipping to exchange the shirt as your guarantee says; and something extra for my wasted time would be in order.

Nascar - FS1 sucks

I fail to see in any world how a pay channel can run more commercial time than a free channel. To add to that, they break the law and jack the living *** out of the volume for commercials. Well, FS1 and your advertisers; I want you to know that I am tired of you blowing my ears out during commercials. So for now on, I mute all commercials, so now all the money you spend to annoy me and break the law with (jacking the volume during adds is supposed to be illegal) will be completely wasted because your message never reaches me and never will until this abuse is stopped. I also encourage all other watchers to do the same; mute FS1's commercials and let the advertisers know you are doing the same thing. When the government doesn't do it's job then the people have to do it for them and to get the greedy corporations attention, we have to hit them in the only thing they see; their gravy train.
Product
Nbc Sports Tv Channel
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Keep the volume of programming and adds the same. just as the law requires.

Ge Appliances - GE junk, cheap as possibly can be

Bought the GE 1.4 cu ft microwave oven after consulting reviews of all microwaves. The internet and several reviewers recommend GE. However, when one consults the reviews of any microwaves, the general consensus is: "my first microwave lasted 20 plus years; my second one lasted 1.5 -2 years." So even though GE's got the same complaints the others did; bottom line; those that are supposed to know what they are doing still recommended the GE's over any others. So I bought their 1.4 cu ft model. When I got it delivered and put it on the cart (I made a roll around cart for my last microwave, a 1.1 cu ft Sharp, which lasted almost 27 years), the plug is right behind the cart on the wall. The cord was so short that it will not reach the plug. This is ridiculous; so they can save a few cents by shortening the cord, they will coast me a special trip to the store (I live in the country, so the trip is s chore and cost) to buy an extension cord to reach the wall. I can tell you this. I used to work in development in a large corporation where we worked out the bugs of the companies products before they went on the market. The bean counters will short change anything to save a penny on the assembly line; their famous saying is that those pennies add up and multiply as they build the products to sell. I get all this but there is a point where it bites you in the back end. This is one of them. On top this GE is dishonest and deceitful, as I wrote a review on their site about the short cord and recommended people away from the microwave siting that the whole thing is probably as cheap throughout the whole production of the product (experience teaches me that is how it goes). They refused to post my review and didn't even say why; just that didn't meet their criteria. I guess the truth is not what GE wants you to hear.
Product
Ge Appliances Microwave
Cons
  • How cheaply it is made suspect it will not last
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Target corp and target.com discriminates and abuse disabled person

Update by user Aug 24, 2013

This site has asked me for an update on my complaint. It took forever for Target to send me the sheets.

I do not remember exactly when got them but it took weeks. I have heard nothing from Target except an attempt by them to have someone come on as a ghost and discredit me. When I checked them and let them know I suspected they were a Target employee; suddenly their comment and my response disappeared. I never did get pillow cases until a few days ago and I got them in the retail store here in Roswell, NM where again I will mention how nice the staff in this store is.

When I went to get the pillow cases (I bought 3 packs) I wiped them out, all they had were three packs of pillow cases. Still no flat sheets on the shelf anywhere so I suspect that they still haven't restocked the store in a month. However, the store had three shelves over flowing with fitted sheets;so many I could not count them. This is only more proof of what I have been saying all along and that Target's method of doing business is retarded.

In this economy, if a store wants to survive they have got to provide service and stock their shelves with the items they carry, and in this case Target deliberately refuses to provide either. If I owned their stock I certainly would be dumbing it before they go into bankruptcy.

Original review posted by user Jul 24, 2013
1st of all, let me state that the employees in the Roswell New Mexico store have been the most polite, professional, and helpful people I have encountered in any store in New Mexico. The problem is target corporate and target.com. I am disabled and my waterbed sprung a leak. My sheets are to the point if I wash them again they will fall apart. I knew when I took the bed apart that I would need new sheets. I have gone everywhere and nobody sells sheet sets with 2 flat sheets and yet no waterbed will hold a fitted sheet. Anybody that owns waterbed knows this. In my long searching for sheets, an employee in another store told me to try target. Sure enough target sells flat sheets individually. The store had one sheet. Let me say again that the employees made every effort to help. Again, the problem is target corporate and target.com. Target corporate does not allow the store to order when they are out. It is all done from target corporate and basically the *** that runs this allows the corporate buyer to send replacements to the stores when they feel like. The manager in the store cannot even call up and order an item when a customer needs it. In this particular case, I was informed, that corporate sends them 3 sheets at a time. When I got there, there was one sheet and I bought it, so the store had no sheets. They were able to tell me the last time corporate send them the sheets and it was a week earlier. I bought the last sheet 5 days ago, and to this day nobody can even tell me if more are being sent to the store and corporate is not even allow the manager to call up to have some sent because a customer is waiting for them. So because of this, I was advised to order the other remaining 3 sheets I wanted online. The employees directed me to the order center for target.com. I had one manager and as many as 2 other employees attempting to help me make my order. There were technical problems and could not put the order through and the sheets were advertised at $16.71 each. There was no mention they were on sale or that this was the last day to buy them at this price. We had spent close to an hour trying to order the sheets to no avail do to technical problems from target.com. I had somewhere else to be, so we abandon it and the employees gave me the information so I could attempt to do it at home. When I got home and tried to do it and I put in the reference number for the sheets and they would not come up. When I called target.com and told them the problem it took them 10 min. to discover that you had put some dashes in the numbers in order for it to work. Because of it being the weekend and a few days gone by now, the sheets will not be delivered on time for me to be able put my bed back together when I get my mattress. Target.com is refusing to have them sent to me at their cost as they should on an expedited shipping cost so I would get them in time. Had the order gone through when I 1st tried to do it standard shipping would have easily had been to me on time. It is their technical problems and their fault that expedited shipping is needed for me to get the sheets on time so I can get my bed back when I get my new mattress delivered (I had to order a new mattress, I could not find the leak). They absolutely refuse to take care of it. Of course the other alternative would be for the corporate office to contact the corporate buyer and have them make sure that the sheets are on tomorrows truck so I have them in time and can pick them up in the store. But they absolutely brief use to do so. This is outright blatant, excuse the French, but the only way for me to know to describe it, is to say total assininest on corporate's part. In my dealings with target corporate and target.com I have never seen such cockiness, refusal to cooperate and help the customer, thoughtlessness, lack of consideration and pigheadedness from high-level people in any Corporation. It is absolutely no wonder why when I got on this site I see one complaint after another about target.com. I now understand why they offer a 5% discount on their credit card and free shipping to customers that order on target.com. My only wonder in all of this is where is the government stepping in and forcing these people, if you can call them people in corporate, to conduct business in an ethical, honest fashion. I see complaint after complaint after complaint of people being cheated, frauded, and screwed out of their hard-earned money. It's a real shame when a group of good people try to run a decent honest store and are kicked in the face by such a group of crooks, thieves, dishonest and totally unethical people that run the company. My only suggestion is to completely stay away from target and shop elsewhere. I thought Walmart was bad but target has written a whole new chapter on how not to conduct a business. It is obvious by all the other complaints that the people that run target could absolutely care less on what their customers think. The only way to get a message across to such conceded, pigheaded, dishonest, inhumane business thieves is to hit them in the pocketbook and the only way to do that is to completely boycott target. If nobody buys from them these inhuman, thoughtless, unethical jerks running target, they will no longer have their gravy train and in fact end up in bankruptcy court. And the way I see it, we as consumers, have a responsibility to send businesses like this down the road and the only way to do it is to stop buying from them.

I agree with the other posters, no discrimination here. Did they say " HEY GEORGE!

DON'T HELP THAT CRIPPY!" No, i don't believe so. I know we are techniologically advanced in this world, but i can not see a way that the "internets" would know you have a disablility ... unless you were wacking off on a webcam .. then maybe.

But i digress, poor stocking on their behalf? Sure! Discriminating and HARMING you ? no friggin way.

PS : i typed "fitted sheets" in to amazon and WOW, TONS of choices , ALL delivered to your home, how about that! Ya know, since you were ordering online and all.

@DrGonzo888

Correction, FLAT sheets in amazon. I apologize and do not want to add fodder to any blasting from the OP that may occur.

@DrGonzo888

DrGonzo888, you showed your true colors in your vulger comment about wacking off. Ever heard the phrase "don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes" Obviously, you have never been disabled because only some ignorant *** would carry your attitude I do not wish a disability on you, so you may never learn but if you ever do become disabled, you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yeah, everyone out there sells single flat sheets but at outrageous ripoff prices, and if you ever did become disabled the first lesson you'd learn is that you are expected to survive on a severe below poverty income and sheets at 70-80 bucks a pop is no more within reach than raising your hand up and stabbing a rock off the moon's surface. You have so much to learn my pathetically ignorannt friend.

How are they discriminating and abusing a disabled person? It is just an issue with the dang corporate people not having enough sense to keep their stores stocked with sheets.

@Anonymous

Anonymous, obviously you have no idea what problems disabilities create for people. I mentioned the disabilities because their inconsiderate, pompous attitude and refusal to do their jobs magnified the consequences to me in multiple amounts.

Having bad knees, back, neck and shoulders and being forced to sleep in a chair for weeks just because some high salaried thoughtless back end refused to pick up the phone is beyond inexcusableness.

If you fail to see that, then I suggest you start working for those inconsiderate *** in Target Corporate; you'll feel right at home.

Not their fault you waited till your sheets wore out to buy new ones. Retail stores all over have a computerized ordering system.

When they sell down to a certain point, more are automatically ordered. NO human involvement required. Give it time and the sheets will arrive.

Target isn't the only store that sells non fitted sheets. Go somewhere else if you need them sooner.

@What 111

What 111:

Obviously you cannot read or comprehend. Let me spell it out for you.

Water bed sprung a leak. Had to order new mattress and sheets. Target's store under stocked and does not restock as it should and idiots running company neither care or give a *** about customers.

Not my fault no one has enough insight to sell sheet sets with two flat sheets. Now if taking the human element out of doing business is fine with you, you are not only contributing to but are a part of the problem of preventing the human element form advancing past the omeba.

@papaouiee

Dude, he has nothing to do with corporate operations. He is simply stating the way things are.

If you think you can do a better job and revolutionize corporate processing, why don't you get involved and become the next Target COO? Sets with two flat sheets are not widely sold because they are simply not profitable.

Furthermore, this has absolutely nothing to do with whatever disability you have, nor is there any abuse involved. While you are quick to point fingers and make accusations, you fail to see that you are part of the multitude of problems this country faces: people who expect special treatment and exceptions, and who blow whistles simply because they can.

@BSAlert

BS, at least you know what you are full of. I am not expecting special treatment because I'm disabled, just normal customer service that any customer would expect; I just mentioned my disability situation to show good reason why Target is so wrong in their attitude of not caring a bit about the customer.

Irresponsible business practices have consequences that spread far and wide seriously affecting people's lives; thus the reason for not doing certain self destructing unethical acts. Things have even gotten worse since I posted. The *** buyer at Corporate still has not restocked the store with the sheets. The store has been completely out of them for 10 days now and still no sign of them coming in.

When I ordered in line I was told I'd receive them between Friday July 25 and Wednesday July 31. Now I'm told they will be delivered at the earliest on Friday August 2; over 2 weeks to get them delivered and the distance from the point of delivery to me is less than 1000 miles. Anyone who tries to defend these business geniuses from Target Corporate has either the IQ of their shoe size or is from Target Corporate trying to discredit me and my experience with their terrible company.

Speaking of that, they tried it once already and when I called the person that pulled the stunt from corporate, they immediately pulled their comment and had my reply pulled too. So there is definitely some funny business going on in the inside of this site too.

View more comments (8)

ITP VoIP - ITP (internet telephone Provider) tries to steal and cheat

What is it about internet phone services; can't find a decent or honest one anywhere. Guess the government hasn't stepped in a laid down the law yet. Tried to sign up with ITP (Internet Telephone Provider). everything seemed OK until after they took my credit card information (sign-up process not yet completed). I was to be charged $47.90, 29.95 for the hardware and $17.95 for shipping. Then a comment was made that indicated that the ticker for my month of service started immediately. When I asked for clarification, it was confirmed that the ticker for the month started this day (day of attempted sign up). Problem was they had to send me hardware for the service to work and it would be delivered at a later date. This was not acceptable and even after I explained that I am not going to pay for a service until I can use it, they refused to make the adjustment. I immediately told them, then to cancel the order, I was not going to use their service. I was then informed that they cannot because the charge was already put through and it was their policy of no refunds. I could get nowhere with the agent and told them I would take it up with my credit card company. OK, here's the problems: 1.) It is illegal for them to charge my card before they send out the order. 2.) they never informed me before they put the order through that they had a policy of no refunds; this makes this part illegal. 3.) Found out later, from my credit card company, (coming to this part later) that they actually charged my card for $67.89. That makes this fraud because they charged a greater amount to my card than I was told the charge would be. So I called my credit card company and they confirmed that I was exactly right in all the above claims I listed. This was about 5-10 minutes (at the most) later I had given the card information to the agent. My card company confirmed that they had already put through the charge and that they charged $67.89 instead of the $47.90 that I was told it would be. 5 - 10 minutes after taking my information, and not even finishing setting up an account for me. They never even assigned me a phone number yet. I was told that they, however could not do anything about it until the charge was fully put through in a few days, so I'd have to call back in three days to get it kicked back. So, I decided to try get it taken care of by calling he company back and talking to a supervisor. My return call, and after asking for a supervisor specifically, even clarifying my right to speak to one, was refused. Then the agent on the phone tried to BS me after refusing me a supervisor, so I hung up and will have to call my credit card company back in a few days and get it taken care of that way. Now, ITP, will pay fines and fees and get a hard lesson in consumer law. Wonder why we have so much government? This, right here, is why.

Magicjack - Magic jack; service sucks before you even buy

Been trying to find answers for over a year; finally found chat contact and still no answers. Where is the government stepping in and stopping all of this wrong doing, abuse and theft; seems they are guilty of more violations than can be counted. Here is a copy of my attempt to get answers ( pretty obvious I was not even talking to someone who's primary language is English); they at least tried (and I emphasize tried) to answer one question but even failed there: Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Ashton' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554069****79X Ashton: Hello, how may I help you? Bernie: answer question Ashton: What is it? Bernie: gave it Bernie: have several questions about magic jack and cannot find anyone to talk too; why is this Ashton: I will try to answer your magicJack concerns. Bernie: it has been months, almost a year Ashton: May I know what do you wish to know? Ashton: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please? Bernie: answer my question; why is it almost impossible to get answers from your company; brings serious concerns of using your service Ashton: We can provide you answers if that is question is a magicJack issue, but there are issues that are not possible to be answered as there are limitations on these information to be disclosed. Ashton: May I know what was your question? Bernie: keep up the evasion and I'll copy this and post it all over the net; your reputation already sucks, lets make it worse Ashton: You can do whatever you wish to do, Bernie. We fully respect your right and that is your prerogative. Bernie: checking your answers to popular questions and they contradict themselves, why Bernie: Your Question Do I have to give up my home phone number to try magicJack? Category: All "º Phone Numbers Print Article | Email Link Answer NO. You will get a new telephone number to use with your magicJack. Ashton: Thank you for that. Bernie: I see you refuse to answer any question I put forth to you; expalin why Ashton: I am still typing my answer. Ashton: Are you able to hold? Ashton: Here is my answer. Ashton: You don't need to give up your phone number from your current carrier if you will just have to try using the magicJack as we can give you a number for the device during the registration process, Bernie. Bernie: actually, i want a number that is kept confidential and I and only I can give it out; is this possible Bernie: you still haven't answered my first questions You are not currently in a chat session. You are not currently in a chat session. As you can see, it is useless to try to even talk to these people and they disconnected me too without answering really any question I had to my satisfaction

Stu, you must be an employee of magic jack or maybe their customer service trying to make themselves look good. Bottom line, a company should make itself available for answers and then provide them.

Magic jack does neither and the country agrees; just check all the negative reports on them. You are a lone star; go buy one and then come back in a year and tell us how great they are.

you pretty much looked like an *** to me on your posting

View more comments (1)