Anomie - Cheated by Mom and Pop store

Update by user Jan 25, 2021

After I submitted my review, Anomie has not contacted me.

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2020
I would have given a zero star if it was an option here. Made a horrible mistake purchasing a gold anklet for Christmas from this Mom and Pop store. Should have known that they are parasites who will 'stick' to you as they make sure you will not be able to get your money back and purchase at other store. Their product advertisement on their website are totally deceptive to trick customers into buying. When I received the anklet I was in deep shock and regret as it didn't look anything to what I had been anticipating for. Moreover, their Return Policy is outrageous and all in their favor! Another catch! It is clear to me this is how they run their business by putting up false advertisement and making sure their poor unsuspecting customers will have to end up getting other stuff from them if they need to return their original purchases as they only give store credit! The actual gold chain size is only a quarter of the picture chain! Why did they have to enlarge it 4 times when they put it up in the advertisement? The answer is very simple, they are a Mom and Pop who have to cheat to survive in this challenging business world! How long can they keep cheating their customers? I have written this 'illegitimate' purchase off as a holiday donation as Anomie obviously need lot of donation to thrive!

User's recommendation: Do not get tricked by their false advertisement!

Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Daily Smart Clean - Ana Barbui, the maid, has a bad attitude

Ana has worked for us for a few months now. I have observed her work and this is an honest review. Ana is no doubt a hardworking maid who is focused on doing a great job. She listens and is responsive to instructions and special requests, though she asks many questions which makes me feel she's not too happy. She speaks and understands English reasonably well. Unfortunately, she tends to miss few 'hard' areas. She's also very particular about time/money, she will not accommodate a very small task even if it only takes her 2 minutes to complete if her time is up. She's always looking at the clock once she's close to finish. She uses a lot of paper towels, like 1/3 roll for a small area, which I feel is excessive and a wastage, especially if the paper towels are thick and of a good quality. If she could improve on these drawbacks, she would be invaluable.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend Ana Barbui.

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Service
Daily Smart Clean Customer Care

Flashback Old Time Photos - Staff, photographer not helpful, did a horrible job

My friend and I drove to Virginia Beach for the Labor Day weekend last week. We thought it would be fun to take some 'old time' pictures so we walked into the Old Time Photos Studio in Atlantic Ave. They had 3 albums with very nice costumes to impress us but we were surprised that what were brought to us were not exactly what we had wanted to wear. The woman staff told us there were only 2 to choose from, a little different style and color. I was wearing my bathing suit and she told me not to take it off as it would not show in the pictures, she told me to just drop the straps and cups down to my waist as my shoulders had to be bare for the dress/gown. She only helped me tie the strings at the back. She didn't help to see that everything was right. There was only a small mirror and I could not see my sides and back and it happened that the right hook on the dress was lying outside the dress under my armpit. The photographer didn't even see it when he was taking our pictures. Only half way through the session did the woman helper see it and come to tuck it inside the dress. She wasn't very nice, she gave me a 'look' that I could not even tuck it in myself. When the pictures were developed, we saw that half of the pictures taken had the white hook of the dress showing and all the pictures had the outlines of my bathing suit clearly seen under the dress!! This studio is a joke! They have nothing to offer, barely 10 costumes, same poses, same spot, same background, same furniture, same 'umbrella', same 'hand fan' with torn corners, same 'cane'!! This studio can only fool the same customer ONCE! They are so anxious to get the job done quickly and they don't take care of all the details that are important to the customers. Considering the price they charge for the pictures, their services are downright dirt!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Loss

Fox And Fox Attorneys At Law Of Norristown - Do not trust Fox & Fox Law Firm

Fox & Fox law firm in Norristown, PA charged me for every billable minute at a high rate and they also charged me for the same kind of work performed by both Leon Fox and Paul Badame on different dates. I paid the retainer fee to Leon Fox and had no idea who Paul Badame was. I was shocked when I saw his name and charges on the bill. If Leon needed assistance, I shouldn't have to pay for his office helper who also charged a regular attorney's fee. That was illegal! I thought with their high rate, they were excellent lawyers but I was totally disappointed. They were not helping me or acting in my best of interest and all they did was paperwork which any lawyer could do with less charges.

“I expected a professional best from a 5 star firm with such great history and reputation, but I wasn't expecting the warmth, caring and friendliness of all partners and staff. Special thanks to Mr. Leon Fox for your paternal care in my case, and double special thanks to Jessica Miller for your unanticipated knowledge, wisdom an kindness, but most of all, for your patience.

~Kathleen”

“Fox and Fox has handled all my legal issues in an efficient and professional manner.

~Brad”

“Craig has been a pleasure defending me and is always there when I need him. A pleasure to work with.

~Alfred”

“I’m very satisfied with your service. My family has been doing business with Fox and Fox law firm for many years.

~Patricia”

“Leon H. Fox Jr. of Fox and Fox Law Firm has represented me for two years in a difficult divorce action and I would highly recommend him to others.

~Douglas”

“I’ve been treated most professionally and with much courtesy by Ben Witmer. He has been extremely attentive to my needs and I would not hesitate recommending his services to others.

Sincerely,

Linda”

“Very good firm to deal with, I have referred people to Fox & Fox and will continue to do so. Everyone is so polite and listens to you.

My attorney, Jeff Matteo is the best! He stays on top of things, you never have to worry if things are getting done.

Thank you for everything you have done. Everything you’ve done is greatly appreciated.

Jose”

"I want to thank you for your help during the past year, and especially appreciate the fact that you worked with me despite my limited income. I am aware that you did not charge me for some actions that may have been billable, and I am extremely grateful for your consideration of my financial situation and for seeing this through fruition."

"I have had a great experience with Fox and Fox. They advised me in 6 different stages of agreements and as of yesterday proved to be a tremendous litigator as this was my first time before a judge.

The prep work and the strategy proved to be great and helped my case along.

I want to thank him and also the team for being wonderful to speak with. I would say 5 stars all around, they have helped my family through these matters and over the years and I am grateful for that type of professional service."

View more comments (8)

Nationwide Mutual Insurance - Nationwide Insurance cheated me

I purchased an auto and home insurance from Nationwide Insurance in 2011. The agent Rick Chalton in Iowa gave me a real good deal. He even promised me that after six months of accident free, my monthly premium would 'go down'. After six months, I received in the mail the renewal policy which showed an increase in premiums. I called Nationwide immediately and they told me 'it was a general increase of premiums in my area'. They said my agent should not have promised me the reduction. He should be fired!!! I asked for him to call me back but guess what? He was too chicken to call me back. Well it makes sense to change your car insurance company every 6 months as the premiums will definitely increase in your area.

This insurance is a real joke.the adjusters suck. I got estimates for my car but the adjuster is the one that come up with the lowest estimate on top of this i have to pay for what is left after my deductible plus my glasses were broke and they told me I have to go purchase my glasses first and send them the receipt how can I go purchase my glasses when I have to pay for the rest of my car they dont cover they are a sorry joke and I would not reconmend them to anyone

From what i've been told general rate increases are a part of insurance everytime a policy renews there is a chance the premium will go up, down or stay the same. They happen in all companies based on the area the policy is written in, and are approved by the department of insurance Did he promise that or just state it as a possibility? Doesn't really sound like something a guy should lose his job over.

View more comments (1)
Service
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Auto Insurance

Valley Forge Casino Resort at N. Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA

I went with a friend to the Valley Forge Casino Resort last night. We thought we might check it out. We were disappointed that we had to pay or had to get a membership to get in. The slot machine games were not very exciting but overall it was okay. We had another bigger disappointment with the Seven Nightclub at Radisson Hotel. It was Ice Nightclub before and we were looking forward to a great makeover but to our dismay, nothing had changed. Seven Nightclub is the same old Ice Nightclub with people dancing and talking with glasses and bottles in their hands on the wet and dirty dance floor which is small like before. Which nightclub in a casino allow that? Seven Nightclub can't even be compared with Michael's Cafe in Bensalem, what more to compare with the nightclubs in Atlantic City or Vegas? Valley Forge Casino Resort should have their very own nightclub which lives up to the expectation of what a nightclub in a casino should be.

:( there going to gret it

:) :grin ;) 8) :p :zzz :eek :upset :roll :? :cry :( :x :x

I went to the Seven night club with a few friends and quite disappointed myself, the place was exactly the same as it was when it was called Ice. The only difference is that you have to pay to get in while you didn't have to do that before, they added booths which could cost from 200 and above and the music was lousy. For what???????

I agree with what Seth said. Alot of people post bad reviews about this casino because they have to pay to get in.

That is not there choice, but is instead required by the PGCB for a class 3 resort license. I bought the $60 annual dining membership which comes along with a free meal at any of the restaurants. I will probably go to the upscale Italian restaurant that they have opening up this month and with the meal including an appetizer, entree and desert will probably come close to getting my $60 back in food and I'll also have free access for a whole year on top of that.

The problem that I have with this place is that they just opened and the slots seem tight now. Can't imagine how tight they will be once the newness wears off.

First of all its a smaller casino for a reason. They are considererd a casino resort, the PGCB only granted them a class 3 license which allows them to have a casino only to support the exsisting property.

THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO PAY! If you think spending $10 dollars is a big deal which your gonna spend in 10 minutes you probably shouldn't be gambling anyways. I went there and i was actually quite impressed with the result with what they have to work with. They had all the popular slot machines that most people like to play and the set up of the floor is wonderful!

Most people don't like the slot machines becaues they didn't win.

lol. Wow and the club was a step up, it was decent, good crowd.

View more comments (3)

Korea Garden Restaurant at Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA

My bf and I went to the Korea Garden Restaurant at Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA for dinner last weekend. We arrived at around 9pm. We were seated prompty and our orders taken shortly after that. We started to enjoy our appetizers/soup and were looking forward to our entrees. We noticed there were some flies though. I was so unpleasantly shocked and disappointed with my 'spicy fried pork with vegetables' when it came. It was a horrible experience. The pieces of pork were served in great huge junks (bigger than the size of an extra large egg) of THICK FAT & SKIN that seemed to 'wobble' with very little lean meat. The taste was ok, but not spicy or delicious. It was so hard to eat as I had to remove the fat before I could eat it and it was not easy to remove as the pork was so thick. I had to give it up after struggling with it for 10 minutes. We informed our waitress but she was not polite or courteous as she explained that was how the pork came and how they cooked it along with the fat without cutting it off. Incredible! I had never known of any restaurants serving huge junks of FAT. She was so defensive and wasn't happy that I complained about the fat. I wanted to order something else but she said the cook had left. It was only 9.45pm. I ordered some vanila ice cream after that. I suspected that she combined something slimy like mucus or something into my ice cream because I did taste something slimy at the bottom of the ice cream. She might have spat her mucus into my ice cream! I will NEVER go to that DREADFUL restaurant again! It was a terrible mistake!