USAA BEWARE

In 2009 I had a fire in my detached garage/mancave, it was totally destroyed. I was told by USAA not to worry I had replacement insurance. Here is how it worked: I was told to list each item, date purchased, cost ect: this was done and then told when I replaced the items, to send them a receipt and they would de-value the item based on age and send me a check. Example a 1 year old lawntractor paid $1800 (had the receipt) I purchased a new mower and USAA sent me a check for $550 because that was what the value of the 1 year old tractor was in their mind. It went that way for every item I purchased,sent them the receipt and they de-valued.All in All it cost me $12,500 out of my pocket to replace the items lost. So if you have USAA BEWARE! I was with them for 35 years! But no longer…go figure

This is the way all insurance companies work unless you get special insurance that pays replacement cost and not depreciated value. Has nothing to do with USAA.

THIS CEO USES HIS ADMIN ASSISTANCE AND INEPT PEOPLE IN THE "OFFICE OF THE CEO" TO DIVERT LIFE LONG CUSTOMERS INTO A LIFE OF *** AND CONFUSION WHEN IT COMES TO CLAIMS. THANKS MR.

ROBLES - FOR NOT TAKING CARE OF THOSE WHO KEEP YOU EMPLOYED.

ANOTHER GOOD USAA CUSTOMER GOES AWAY EVERY MINUTE. GO JOE!!!!!

Wow!!! lol- I went through the same thing.

It seems as if once you are retired or out of the "state of texas" we are no longer considered "good stock" since they have already got u "in" they simply forget about you once the checks get cashed but if you need to rely on USAA - you are simply SOL. I have been trying to reach the CEO and keep getting blocked by Christine Dickens (Does not call you back or simply patronizes you as if you are the problem" NEVER USE USAA INSURANCE OR BANKING THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT CARE TO HELP OR UNDERSTAND.

I HAVE BEENB WAITING 5 MONTHS TO HAVE MY CLAIM FINALIZED. THANKS FOR NOTHING MR.

View more comments (2)